Notices

Weekender Thread 19-23 October 2018

Old 10-22-2018, 06:37 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Mr

Kind of know where you are coming from too Manta. I stick to two or three threads. I always worry too about if something I post will make someone sad or angry. Simple example is telling a story about my daughter or Mrs vman always leaves me wondering "will that have hurt someone who lost touch with their family or couldn't have children" you get the drift right.... Rambling now...
I really have loved the weekender from the very first post. It was just perfect vast, varied and the mix of newly sober with sobriety pro's worked a treat here. Many of the regulars were here when I arrived. They are great. Stick to the weekender because we love you here and we won't be giving any lessons on how to live or cope...
Stick with us ML. Just the weekender.
Hope you read this.

Bisous
Old 10-22-2018, 08:54 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Monday Morning, Manta ~

I've experienced what you're going through, and that's why I loop around to SR [and the *Safe Harbor* of Weekenders] only occasionally. I found that treating FB/Political/Religious/Recovery Moonies with a healthy bit of skepticism was better for my all-important Serenity. Moderation in all things, including the ingestion of sanctimonious POVs.

One of several kewl things about SR was that it let me assess what approaches likely would keep me Sober. But, I also could breeze through Posts to assess the methods used by those who achieved the Sobriety I wanted vs. those who - clearly - were short of that Goal. IMO.

Meanwhile, I learned to hang with the Sober out in the Sober Universe. Just doing that really alters a Perspective. Having done just that here in the SoCal Desert, we head to the CA Coast now for 4 Days. Then, on up Coast Highway 1. A drive best done @ 0.0 BAC, since I'm towing ~7,000 lbs. of Trailer!

Also, kudos to MB for her stellar, declarative Post!

Photo courtesy of MesaMate...

Old 10-22-2018, 09:54 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
OX

Hey ML seen some of your posts in other threads and really enjoy. You too bim. I still have a hard time posting. I write and delete. But I read and enjoy.

My first car was a gifted vw Fox. Great underrated car. It replaced my scooter that allowed me to get soaked every day in the Florida 3 pm deluge. Seemed I was the only wet persons every day as everyone else had cars. Ha

Feeling pretty good today. Gonna ignore all the house things that need to be done and go to the gym before heading back to work. Gotta get healthy.

Been having a lot of smoking urges. Even dreaming of it. Guess my beast is just clamoring for something bad. Tried vaping a few times but my cheapness is keeping me from embarking on a stupid unhealthy habit. So good.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:24 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

BigShoe, you and I both moved from one corner of the US to the other.

No matter where I go - there I am.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:39 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I do hope you stay with us MantaLady, you're doing really well and I find your posts lively and interesting .

Pretty much every recovery method i've seen has logic attached to it and is valid but us fallible humans we are the wild card or variable in the equation. What suits one personality may not suit another. Some people have a hard time accepting that what was right for them might not be right for someone else.

Congratulations on 20 days and five months respectively Justin and John.

Way to go MidnightBlue, it sounds intriguing.

I'm beat today. Pressure at work is sky high right now. Usually it's fun but recently it has really felt like hard work.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:41 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Hi gang,

Monday morning done and lunching alfresco at home in this glorious weather. Gotta say I’d rather be home for a bit at lunch than just about any restaurant.

MB, it’s great to read that you’ve got a sparkle of good news to savor.

I hope the week’s off to a great start for everyone and kudos to those newest to sobriety that shared their journey this past weekend. A brand new start.

Ok then, five more minutes to hear the birdsong and finish my tea. Then back to it ‘poof’ Monday done!

Hoping the work week eases for you Sao.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:09 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Mr

An afternoon with 5 screaming crazy kids has me whacked...

Goodnight weekenders.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:42 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

MidnightBlue -
the workings of the Universe where everything is interconnected.
-

Earlier this year something (good) came into my life over twenty-five years after the occasions that led to it.

"Cast your bread upon the waters, for you will find it after many days."

Sometimes it seems we are on the "wrong side of the tapestry", but occasionally we get a glimpse of the pattern.

Old 10-22-2018, 12:48 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
OX

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
BigShoe, you and I both moved from one corner of the US to the other
True. Plus spent a few years in Boston. Maybe San Diego in my latter years to finish the board. Oh yeah: lived in Chicago too to cover the middle. Pretty happy here in the upper left. Nice little pretty bubble. Come March I will be growling a different song but it’s pretty great here

Monday! Get some rest sao and vman
Good day all back to work I go
Old 10-22-2018, 12:54 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Evening, weekenders.

I am so done after and hour of boxing and an hour of crossfit, and so ready to go to bed.

Our new crossfit trainer approached me after class and asked: "What kind of sport did you do professionally?".

I answered I've never been a pro, I am just a very dedicated amateur)

Good night, weekenders.
Old 10-22-2018, 01:27 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Goodnight MB. I really loved your post about how the Universe is all interconnected. So awesome! Sleep well

Manta I hope you don’t go too far away but I totally understand why. I tend to stick to only a few threads and stay out of debates, but I do often doubt myself and wonder if perhaps I’ve said too much when I express my opinion (just like I do in “real” life, always doubting and questioning myself and wondering if I could have offended people or if they think I’m boring or stupid or a pain in the butt etc).... I need to conquer my self-doubt somehow....
I love your posts, right back from reading them in the class of April, and it was your posts among a few others there, which finally gave me the courage to join SR and the class of May. Throughout April I was quitting drinking each Monday morning and then relapsing after a few days.... I kept a diary throughout that awful time of about 6 weeks of constant withdrawal and relapse and hangover cycles. Then I joined SR and actually really stopped drinking on May 14th. So thank you Mantalady, you were one of the key people who helped me find the courage to do this for myself, and I am very grateful ❤️

Have a wonderful day everyone

PS my first car was a Holden torana, and boy did I LOVE that car
Old 10-22-2018, 06:17 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Well Mondays certainly suck a lot less with no hangover! Going to bed sober tonight as well.....Day 12 done; Thanks everyone!

Old 10-22-2018, 09:45 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
PS my first car was a Holden torana, and boy did I LOVE that car
Neat!

Congratulations on 12 days Purps.

Happy International Mole Day everyone.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:58 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning all.
You're up early Sao..
Its very windy here this morning.
It has been beautiful weather since we arrived Wednesday. Let's see today....
Old 10-22-2018, 10:51 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Morning, weekenders.

Feeling pretty well rested despite the fact that I woke up 3 times during the night. I've noticed I tend to wake up a couple of times at almost the same time.

The weather here is quite gloomy, but it's fine with me - more focus on work.

Have a good one, weekenders.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:34 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Willow- I had an LJ Torana, 202- worked cam, extractors- hotdog, no muffler. Manual 4 speed- floor shift. It was very loud, very cool and blew up a lot.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:58 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Morning everyone .
Manta I know what you mean and Willow... I deal with it by only reading and posting on the weekenders.... such a lovely bunch of people. I love the friendship and variety of lives that we lead.
First day back to work for me after a couple of days off sick... I hate the way you get to know how much you let everyone down by being off... and I will have a mountain of work to catch up with. Best go and face the music.
Big hugs. X
Old 10-23-2018, 12:37 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Mr

Courage to you Mrs P...
Old 10-23-2018, 12:51 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
sober style

My first car was a 1966 Chevy Impala I got in the late 70s. It was a glorious wonder to behold, such a noble chariot for a kid! Light blue, huge, lots of rust, a big chunk missing from the upholstery where I'd accidentally the front seat on fire once. I also went 2 months without a rear window for it, had a piece of cardboard taped over it lol. Was washing dishes at a cafeteria and dropping out and in of college a lot, truly a golden era in my storied life!
Old 10-23-2018, 01:11 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Neat!

Congratulations on 12 days Purps.

Happy International Mole Day everyone.
I read that and thought that it might be a day for the animal Moles!