Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 2

Old 10-26-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post
Hey. Still here. A little depressed. I know I've mentioned my wife a lot here, but after 34 years, I thought I'd have more support. She wants nothing to do with my efforts. Maybe history there, but it still hurts. I am hurting and want to stay in this class. Looks like this is my only support since I won't get it at home.
Hey bobdrop,
The gentleman in the meeting I went to today were talking about this very subject. Give her time and be patient. She may be in shock. Hurt. Or simply uncomfortable? I don't know exactly what's going on. It's been hard for me to focus, so I apologize if I haven't kept up with the full story. Let her decompress and keep coming back here.
I hope that helps.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:33 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

And I'm sorry your depressed. It will pass.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:37 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Wax, I see you're lurking. How are you?
Old 10-26-2017, 05:41 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Haha.
I'm good. I had a stressful morning. A little uncomfortable and depressed. I know the drill. Thanks for asking.

How are you?
Old 10-26-2017, 05:45 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Bob, I hate to ask but can you briefly explain what's going on with your wife? I know youve mentioned she has been very nonchalant about your sobriety. What seems to be the crux of the issue?
Old 10-26-2017, 06:45 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Day 3! Thursdays are usually hard for me but feeling strong tonight
Old 10-26-2017, 07:06 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Meat, thanks for asking. It's a very complicated issue with her. We seem to have evolved into a situation where we deal with ourselves and our self is our own responsibility. Not much of a relationship/partnership anymore. At my age, WTF. Sorry, Just my current thought. I am set for no booze and she just sees how it affects her. Probably another insensitive statement. I seem to be good at that lately.
This class is great. I have said some things that I wish I hadn't. I regret that. Please forgive me.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Meat, I just read my response and it makes no sense. I put no blame on my wife. She doesn't understand things the way we do. Hard to believe after 34 years though.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:50 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

My profile name is changing soon....

Have a great night, day, afternoon everyone!

Bye Bye LuLu
Old 10-26-2017, 09:57 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

yawn,,,,, oh so very tired,, long day, short turn around on work shift, thankfully off at midnight.

Vlad- congrats on day 3!!

to everyone going through stresses and anxiety, hang in there! Post here, breath, we can do this.

This really is a great well rounded class, I really feel safe an comfortable here, Nobody is perfect, or better than anyone, just here for the same reason, to get sober, support each other when we can and improve our lot in life. Proud to be a part of it.

Badge
Old 10-26-2017, 10:43 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

6:43am...

Just checking in folks... Day 16

Feeling good / strong right now.
Still waves of anxiety and mood swings but things are slowly evening back out, I can feel myself repairing and coming back to life!
Last night I fell asleep before midnight, woke once around 1:30am and then back to sleep and woke at 6am!!!!
This is the most I've slept since going sober so I'm feeling real pleased! The lack of sleeps been so tough and affected work which is so important to repair all the financial damage my drinking caused...

It's still pitch black outside here in England but it's going to be a beautiful morning when the sun rises, I just let my dog out when making coffee and the amount of stars in the sky!!! It's such a clear sky so it's going to be bright sunshine this morning, very cold and crisp but bright and sunny not seen that for a few weeks here, good old English weather! lol...

This group looks like it's filling up, it's so good for us all to be together! Helping and supporting each other and sharing our experiences! Sending thanks to you all for support and peace and love to each of you to get through the good, bad, tough times we all share!!!

P.S. the SR field trip sounds damn good! Sign me up! haha

Much Love!
K x
Old 10-26-2017, 11:00 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Good morning

I'm just off for a run. I'll see the sun come up Kit

My diet has been out of control I'm supposed to be going on big holiday over New Year and wanted to lose weight before then. Today I'm starting on the right foot. Been putting off my run for 2 weeks now. Maybe I need to treat junk food in the same way I treat alcohol.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:03 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Morning charliesworld

Good for you getting them trainers on! I'm still in putting it off mode I'm afraid.
I'll get going soon, been walking but it's the running I need to do, makes you feel so much better.
Enjoy it and keep posting about it, will hopefully nudge me along to get going too!!!

Watching the sun come up sounds nice, think I'll get Zygi's lead on and go for a nice walk, I'll start running at the weekend, there you all heard it here first! haha.

K x
Old 10-27-2017, 12:04 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

I was visiting a friend last night who has been dog sitting. My boys and OH would love one but I'm concerned about the amount of time they take up. I don't want to get overwhelmed. My friends were saying I'd make a good dog owner. I love going out walking. I think one day I'd love to have one. I worry now that it would be on it's own too much.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:25 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

charliesworld - Go for it!!!

It'll be the best thing you do, I'd be lost without Zygi, having a dog going through this too is therapeutic, the bond and love with them but also like you say the walking with them too...

I work from home but I've had Zygi over 5 years and worked in the office a couple of years at first, he was absolutely fine, I've lots of friends with dogs and they all work full time...

If you give them a walk before you go they will just sleep whilst you're out.
Also choosing the right breed helps, Zygi's a Puggle, a Pug x Beagle, cracking breed! They're popular in places like New York because they can be kept in an apartment easily and are pretty low maintenance.

Only tough part is if you get a pup the toilet training, it is a bit of a hurdle but well worth it!

GET A DOG!!!!!! haha

K x
Old 10-27-2017, 02:33 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

bob I'm so sorry about your wife's non-support. I hope after she sees you are serious that she will come around. I'm grateful for my mom supporting me. And very grateful for all of you. Yes I think this is a good class too and am glad that I reached out.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:11 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Good morning October group! We will not be innocent bystanders in our own lives today .

Have a great day on three - 1, 2, 3 - HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

Ba Bam! (My eleven year old started Ba bam at six years old anytime something good happened)
Old 10-27-2017, 04:36 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Morning, Everyone! Glad our Class is going strong and supportive to our new members. Hope to see you all here when the November Class begins!
Let's all have a great sober day!
Old 10-27-2017, 05:23 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  
OX

Ba-Bam! It’s friday!
Happy to see how busy class is. Been reading through the posts and rooting for us all. Let’s stay in this class and keep it busy. The support is awesome.
I am feeling good but oh so tired. Sleep has been heavenly. Almost all I want to do. Been getting some workouts in and trying to wrangle my eating to a reasonable place. I guess we are all making steps towards being our best. Booze just isn’t invited to the party anymore.
Friday would usually be my get home get crazy night. Would still like to have fun with my wife. We would have dance parties and I know I can still do it sober but it takes a lot more energy. But tonight we have promised to pack up for a quick fall camping trip leaving on Saturday. We will see. Made a lot of promises in the past that led to hangovers. Kick ass today
Old 10-27-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Nice sunny morning here in Pa. It's actually supposed to be nice today and tomorrow.

Little iffy about the weekends still as that's when my AV hits the hardest.

Hit the weights this morning, my workouts are definitely improving although I am tired. But I guess that's why they made coffee..

Coffee time

Have a great day everyone!!

Brighten