Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 2

Old 10-25-2017, 08:33 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Linners and StartingOver - and anyone I might have missed.

SoulShine - even tho I nearly died a bit part of me did not want to stop drinking.

I thought I might be bitter and resentful and angry sober too but I soon came to see recovery as the best thing ever forced on me.

I hope you will too

D
Old 10-25-2017, 09:49 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post
Badgerden, I do IT in corrections in Florida.
CO, primarily in the control/communications area, it is a different world in the "house" for sure

Badge
Old 10-25-2017, 10:39 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

WAX - you meeting sounds so good!!!

Really pleased, a meditation group and the Yoga instructor there, perfect!
We got this!

So pleased you got to the meeting and it went so well

K x
Old 10-25-2017, 10:49 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

6:50am

Day 15 so I'm over the 2 week mark YAY!

Feeling brighter today, had a bit more sleep than usual, must of had around 5 hours I think. Usual first thing fix of coffee and SR In bed. I'll get up shortly and walk my dog and get myself in gear ready for work.

Thinking of plans for this weekend, I feel more safe from temptations when I have work, need to get some plans in place for the weekend to keep me occupied.

Positive vibes today people!

Peace and Love.

K x
Old 10-25-2017, 11:25 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

okay,, well, nothing like being given a break and to come back and realize that you have left the SR forum site up,,,,okee dokee. thankfully it was one of the good Sgts, If he even noticed,,,,oh well life is good.

Congrats on the 15 days Kit!!

Wax your meeting sounds perfect, would love that. Glad it was a good experience for both of you.

will be around

Badge
Old 10-26-2017, 01:53 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Good morning! I guess Kit has probably been up for a while. These time zones
Old 10-26-2017, 02:06 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Good morning. It's 10am here Bob I've been up since 5 - got in work early again. I've not really done much last couple of days as it's half term so me and OH have bene managing the kids between us.

So Tuesday night OH was away. Normally that would be my cue to have a drink because no-one would know. I was determined that I wasn't going to have anything so I'd planned a takeaway night with my kids and just got loads of junk food in so at least I had a distraction. It went ok for the most part. I had about an hour or so after I'd locked up and we'd settled down for the evening where I wished I'd got some wine in but at that point it was too late. I either had to take the kids with me in which case they'd know what I bought or leave them at home while I went out. They are too young for that so I was stuck. We've also got one of those doorbells that records movement which is linked to mine and OHs phones so if I had gone out he would have known.

I woke yesterday clear headed and had a lovely day out with my family which would have been overshadowed by a fuzzy head and a hangover had I drank so I'm glad about it now.

There's so many people on here now. I just had to read through about 8 pages of messages lol. Welcome to the newcomers. I hope this stays busy for a long time!!
Old 10-26-2017, 02:15 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

good morning charlie and bob, , i am still here for a bit. than off to home and a snooze. That doorbell thing would be a good thing for me, I find if I trap myself into a wineless corner of no escape, life seems to go better, to bad I have to do that to myself,,, well maybe someday when I am stronger.

Badge
Old 10-26-2017, 02:19 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Zenyatta, 2 weeks! That's great!

Lulu/Brighten, I wonder that all the time. Seems as though most of my thoughts during the day involve what's going on with drinking. Weird. when I was laid off, I would stand in a room of people and think I saw a bunch of people that had jobs. Now I stand in a room and wonder how many drink or don't drink. My mind is a different animal.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:35 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

Thank you so much Lulu, badger, Dee.
Yes I do feel the system is set up for failure. With the resources I have... well I just wonder if I didn't have them. I would be out on the street or taking the path of more destruction for sure. My mom keeps telling me to not worry about the future but I can't help myself. Terrible dreams last night and this morning. I just want to sleep and not have to get up and go through it. All I have right now is just putting one foot in front of the other. I don't have anything else I can do but the punishments I have been given - it is what it is unfortunately. Taking off work an hour early to be able to get to the place to give them my money and set up the appointment for an eval and set up classes. I don't know how my mom is going through all of this, it makes me feel even worse. Dee, I know my situation could be worse. I really don't want to drink. But I have been thinking about once things calm down some and I get some distance from all of this beginning stuff that I will. I was reading on here last night to get some ideas of things to do and to make some later plans to stick to not drinking ever again. Thank you to all of you and this board. I don't know what I would do without being able to let some of this stuff out on here. And to know that I will be able to keep coming here to be around people who understand and to keep myself on course.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:01 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hello, Class. Just stopping by to see how everyone is doing.
Have a beautiful day!
Old 10-26-2017, 03:17 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

SoulShine8 - good morning. I totally understand the struggle of putting parents through this nightmare. I had my dad take me to an attorney yesterday evening after having him drop me off and pick me up at work too. I know I am worrying them maybe even more so than I am worrying. I am a sleepless basketcase at the moment. I've been down this road before and I terrified of it once again. But i drove drunk and i have to keep putting one foot in front of the other. It's so hard knowing how long this path is. I woke up a week ago today and had everything and couldn't even see it. But i did not have sobriety and today I do. Wishing you a good day.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:30 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

SoulShine - I found when I was going through a rubbish time and was worried sick about what was going to happen grounding myself in the present moment really helped. Take a few seconds to breath and appreciate the fact that actually right now in this moment I'm ok!

If you are not aware of him Eckhart Tolle talks about this a lot and might be worth looking up.

Being an alcoholic has made me explore my spirituality a lot over the years. Something it's unlikely I would have done if I hadn't been suffering the awful pain of addiction. I, like probably a lot of people here, have spent hours searching about addictions what purpose they have, why am I like this? why can't I stop? And funnily enough each relapse I have makes me search more, read more, listen more and I get more clarity. I am more clear now than I have ever been and I think I know now why I do what I do. There's no easy answer to stopping but I think just understanding the why helps.

Also for the serial relapsers like me, each sober period I have makes the next a bit easier (not the first few days after but once those are done and I've got past the physical and mental affects of it). The more sober days I have the more I learn that I can actually cope without alcohol. I'll have tough days (I've found curling up in bed helps with those) and I'll have great days. Today might be brilliant if I have a drink but I know for a fact tomorrow wouldn't be, and it wouldn't just be tomorrow because for me the depressive affects of alcohol can last for days and I can see the change in my thought patterns at those times. That happens even if I've had a relapse and no-one else has know about it.

I hope you find some peace soon. x
Old 10-26-2017, 05:53 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Lets go October group - two feet on the ground and hit it running today! F**k that little voice on your shoulder, show em who's boss today!

Ba Bam!
Old 10-26-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!

Checkin in on day 23. I had about 4 hours of sleep the past few nights and my eyes are literally burning from tiredness. But on the bright side, its better than a hangover for sure!

Time to get some coffee and stare out the office window for 3 or so hours pondering life.

Wishing all the best to everyone here in there times of toughness. The bad times are supposed to make us stronger they say, I believe that to be true. And congrats to those hitting milestones and staying their course.

Sun shine on us

Brighten
Old 10-26-2017, 06:57 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Good Morning.

This week has gone by so fast..

My best friend shaved her head last night (her hair started falling off in chunks from the 1st round of chemo). She sent a pic to me. I told her she looked beautiful and then spent a couple of hours online looking at wigs and turbans....told her I'd go with her to pick one out once I'm there in Texas. I'm worried for her....and also in a state of disbelief that this is happening. Nervous about the survival rate with her type of rare ALCL Lymphoma.

It's not about me or my feelings. Just sharing. So glad I can be there...meaning: so glad I'm sober.

Everyone, keep up the fight! Again, as Winston Churchill wrote "If you are going through hell, keep going"...

LuLu
Old 10-26-2017, 07:14 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Good morning folks. Day 3 here and I feel like the fog is lifting some. Thank you for your posts - I've read through many of them and this looks like a really good group. Take care everyone, as best you can for where you're at
Old 10-26-2017, 07:18 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badgerden View Post
rmeat, you and and are rowing the same boat, just switch gender roles. My husband (married 22 yrs) has no idea how deep I was into drinking. My screw up 2 weeks ago opened up the conversation, and we talked and I cried, we held each other, reaffirmed our commitment to each other, sorry if that is to much information, or sappy. But I still have not been totally open with the bottle hiding, secret drinking, etc and I am not sure I ever could have that talk, at least intentionally. Its his disappointment that i cannot face right now. Maybe when I am stronger, I don't know....

Badge
Never too much information or sappy. I completely understand, I am prepared to have the talk but I know when it's time I will be a mess. Even thinking about it makes me panicky, but at least once it's done it will be done. The weight of it has become worse than the possible outcomes for me.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:47 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CClarity50 View Post
Lets go October group - two feet on the ground and hit it running today! F**k that little voice on your shoulder, show em who's boss today!

Ba Bam!
Yep, that little voice was working its magic last night. Watching the World Series Baseball game and getting mad that I can not drink controllably.
I was mad and angry last night.
This morning I am so happy to not feel like **** and the little voice is sleeping.
The struggle is within me and real.
F**k that little voice.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:36 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

May I join you?

Hi all, can I join this group?
My last drink was October 21st
Thanks
Victor