Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 2

Old 10-27-2017, 06:58 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Good morning all and Happy Friday - although for me Friday isn't really a weekend. Usually off on this day as I work Saturdays. But decided to work today because right now i don't need to be alone in my head more than necessary. Thankful that I still have a job after the disaster I created last week. Thankful for my family and thankful for my dog. Day 8 - no desire to drink, but struggling with anxiety, sleeplessness and an overwhelming depression and sense of doom. Trying to break it down into one day at a time. Being that legal issues are involved that's near impossible and I have to deal with this now to prepare for the future. Stay strong everyone! Wishing you peace and serenity.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:53 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Welcome to Friday everyone!

Oh BigShoe- fall camping!! love everything about those 2 words, you must go! Do you tent camp? RV? We tent or rent cabins. Sitting around listening to the quaking aspen trees,,,,, heaven,,, oh with a book, almost forgot that part

CClarity- you have the greatest posts- we will not be bystanders in our own lives. powerful words

Charliesworld- I agree with Kit completely, I have 2 border collie/heeler mix, full sisters. They are my world. But like she said do your homework as to what type of dog fits in your family, no rush. Sometimes the dog finds you!

Kit- I really wish I could run, alas I look like a 3 legged hippo floundering though a mud bog, so I stick to walking.

Wonderbread? LuLu?

I got more sleep last night, looking like a beautiful day here in Oregon, so time to grab the leashes and take my 2 girls for a stroll and get day 18 started.

Badge
Old 10-27-2017, 09:09 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me.
I'm feeling pretty ****** right now but so relieved that I walked away. I went to see the doctor and that helped a lot. I usually bury my head in the sand so it was a big deal to ask for help but I am so glad that I did it.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:39 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Welcome and hello chiasticslide, good move on see a dr, put you on the correct path. You will find this to be a wonderful site, lots of info and support. Very safe, non judgemental, confidential.

We got our 2+ mile walk in, Im ready for a shower and the girls are running amuk outside, didn't wear them out at all!

take care all, luv ya!

Badge
Old 10-27-2017, 04:49 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ready45 View Post
Day 8 - no desire to drink, but struggling with anxiety, sleeplessness and an overwhelming depression and sense of doom.
Been there many times to see this ultimately fade, which is the opposite of brighten, how are you Brighten? Hi Kit, wax, badge, soul, bob, tap, rmeat, big, beer, and everyone else. Welcome MeSo, Mel, Chia and any other newcomers.

I've been busy on the computer yesterday and today removing personal information and opting out of websites that swallowed my name up. Literally all day yesterday. So I am now Wonderbread1 (I did ask for this to be changed too, so if it does don't mind me!)

I'm gearing up for the road trip back to Austin....and since you are all talking about Sedona (too far out of the way), I thought I would stop off in New Mexico to see the White Sands....and maybe Carlsbad Canyons. I've got the whole week off next week, it's just a matter of getting the kitties into a hotel room where they are safe.

Anyone struggling with their 1st or second day....first week, etc, keep posting. This is the place to be for some good advice, support, and friendship.

Anyway, if you see my name change to Sunshine Terrace....well, just couldn't make up my mind cause I did like my original.

Friday night ya'll. Be safe and sober. Make it through the night! Ba Bam! - CClarity, hi to you too.

https://www.nps.gov/whsa/index.htm -- what do you think?

"If you're going through hell, keep going" -- Winston Churchill
Old 10-27-2017, 04:52 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the thread chiasticslide

D
Old 10-27-2017, 05:07 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Wonder B - you have a great weekend! I will be enjoying a club soda and Thai food while watching college football tonight.
Ba Bam!
Old 10-27-2017, 06:40 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Hi class. I will be totally honest here. I have been drinking tonight and I plan on tomorrow being day 1. Still sneaking in to the October class I have decided that I have put too much weight on what my wife thinks. In the morning, we will talk, but it doesn't matter much. Talk about Karma, I love watching NCIS and this week's episode dealt with alcoholism. Wow. Almost time for bed, time zones again but I will wake tomorrow with a new attitude. My wife thinks I will fail, but I might be stubborn enough to prove her wrong. Might even be good motivation.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:19 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Hi Class.
I’m sorta new here (day 6 just done) and you sound like a good bunch. I’m looking forward to getting to know you all a little better.
Welcome Chia
Welcome back Bob
Old 10-27-2017, 08:49 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Victor

Welcoem back Bob

You can put as much or as little weight as you like on what your wife thinks - you just can't drink on it, Bob.

I dunno about you but the only person I can really change is me?

D.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:52 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Welcome Sober Victor, and an awesome class we have indeed!

Oh Bob, Bob, Bob,,, whatever are we going to do with you??? I am not real sure about your logic, if it were me I would want as clear a mind as possible before I had the "talk" with husband. I do hope it goes well for you though, and will be thinking of you all night and tomorrow till I hear back.

WB1- have fun on your road trip, looking forward to exploring that area one of these years.

will be hanging around, starting the 2nd season of stranger things!

Badge
Old 10-27-2017, 10:34 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Hi all. Not much to report here. Almost have a week finished, and haven't had any cravings. Perhaps the false starts I've had over the past few months have been helpful experiences. I know where having drinks will lead (a long stretch of drinking days), and that's not where I want to go.

Combining quitting with doing everything I can to save money has helped too. Plus trying to be healthy. Simply not drinking has proven to be hard (thinking about drinking, wanting to buy drinks etc). But by making it a part of other goals it's kept the voices very quiet. Easiest of my give up attempts so far. Hope it continues. Sure felt rotten earlier in the week, but got through it.

I hope other people who aren't on their first attempt can experience a similar improvement.

Good luck.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:40 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

7:40am - England...

Morning / Afternoon / Evening to you x

Just my usual morning check in...

I'm on Day 17 now and feeling better. I'm looking like my old self, everyone keeps commenting on how well I look which feels nice and makes me realise and remember I was just plodding along everyday either drunk, still drinking, or recovering from a binge...

I can tell my body is still catching up, even when I sleep I still keep feeling tired but nothing like it was at the beginning.

I'm going for a walk with my Friend and her Son at 9am, taking Zygi

My rent and bills all due next Wednesday and after all the carnage I recently caused I'm struggling to get it all together, so I'm working today, my work doesn't really operate over the weekend but I have some sales stuff I can hit of a Saturday so I'm going for it, I will know Monday evening if I have my outgoings covered, I'm under pressure knowing this but also I'm staying positive focusing on the fact this is the last time I'll be in this mess, when I don't drink I manage my finances, just that ****** poison that tried to ruin me and has very nearly lost me everything, anyway back to positive, I've worked two sep jobs from home to get what I can for next week so fingers crossed I've done it, as I say I'll know Monday night...

Because I'm feeling my more stronger, confident self I've set up a meeting next Wed afternoon at the main office I work for self employed from home, so it's all commission only, I'm going in with a proposal to the director who I get on with well, I'm trying to get them to put me on a salary, not sure how it will go but way I see it is I've nothing to loose, only want a small salary as I'm happy with the commission being the main pay as when I'm not drinking I smash it, and I am well and truly STAYING SOBER!!!!!

Rubaduck - your post makes sense to me, I defo feel the same way this time.
Wonderbread - Enjoy your week off / road trip. Keep in touch

Peace and Love to everyone on here!
Again I can't thank you all enough for the support.

Morning coffee and SR reading / posting is now an integral part of my life!!! lol

K x
Old 10-28-2017, 12:09 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

This group is amazing. Thanks Badge! I am committed. I am very stubborn. The fact that my wife thinks I can't do this makes me more determined.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:19 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Hi Kitkat

Good luck with it all. Sounds like you've got a plan worked out to overcome your troubles. I've got a feeling that once these bills are paid, a combination of saving drink money and increased job performance are going to be enough to put the dark days behind you.

I have a feeling that knowing any money I can save can mean a better Christmas for my kids (or even buying myself a present) will keep me from buying any drinks in the next two months.

I haven't really told many people how many beers I was drinking etc, but over the past few months I've told many people I might normally have had a drink with that I'm not drinking anymore, for the sake of my health, my money, and my kids. So I don't need to worry about getting hassled about not drinking at a Christmas get-together or anything.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:21 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

It'll work out somehow Kit but I hope you've managed to get enough. It's hard when you are self employed because it's so easy to put the drink first. Aside from the financial consequences there's no-one breathing down your neck when you miss a day or 2.

Bob - I don't understand the issue with your wife. Does she not want you to stop drinking?

Well done chia for seeing the doc. I made an appointment last time I had a binge but because it was a week later and I felt much better by then I didn't go. I'm not sure what they can dot for me tbh that I can't get from here. I was referred to alcohol services years ago but they didn't help much.

badger I think you are right. A dog will find us if it is right for our family. I have always had cats and I love them but I've lost 2 of them in the last year and I've been really unsure about getting another.

Today is Saturday and I've no plans. I'm feeling a bit lost this morning. I'm not good with having nothing to do.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:30 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Charliesworld. My wife would like me to be like her. Not an alcoholic. She has 2 drinks a day and doesn't know why that doesn't work for me. I am so fortunate to have lived this long.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:36 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Rubaduck- Thanks so much! The dark days being behind me sounds good!!! and yep I've done the same really, told everyone I want a good break from drinking so I can be healthier and more focused on work etc... I don;t think any of them believe I wont drink over Xmas and New Year but I'm going to shock them all ( I hope! ) ...

charliesworld - Yeah you're right, I've bee sat here withdrawing in bed for days then have to dive up as soon as I can function and try do a couple of weeks work in a matter of days. Defo not going back to that, It's like I've finally woke up! been doing this now for a long time but this last 12 months its been really extreme. New fresh start now. I hear you about feeling lost at the weekend. I'm going to work today so not too bad, work and exercise are keeping me going along with things around the house, maybe find a project to do, decorate a room or piece of furniture or go for a walk/swim or something...

Thanks all
K x
Old 10-28-2017, 03:50 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rubaduck View Post
Hi Kitkat
I just noticed your name is Kit!! Oh no ..... Sorry!
Old 10-28-2017, 03:55 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Haha don't worry! Neither is my name anyway so ...
I'll roll with the name KitKat for now lol
K x