Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 2

Old 10-26-2017, 10:32 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  
South Asian

Hello All. Still away on business. Still sober. For 5 days now. I had a pain in my upper left abdomen last night and thought I had alcoholic pancreatitis. I had been sober for four days and so I knew it was unlikely but I still had a sleepless night as a result. Worked today. Pain was more or less gone. Still a bit conscious of that area. I go crazy googling symptoms when I am still reasonably close to my last drink. And then as time passes, I settle down. Until I drink again. Then back again to square one. It is compulsive behaviour.

Back home tomorrow and then a one week vacation with the family. I tend not to drink when we are on a family holiday. Time to meaningfully connect with those I love most. To be present in all respects. To treasure what I have.

Have a great day everyone. Just five day left. Till it's time for Sober November.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:01 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Hey Everyone

Woke up to a panic attack. Was anxious and a ball of energy. Not the good kind. Went straight to a meeting. Wasn't as good as yesterday but I know I have be around recovering alcoholics right now. I feel a little better. Feeling better just typing this. The anxiety is disappearing now...
Day6-
All meetings should start with a meditation. Maybe that's in my future?
Now I know I need to incorporate meditating into my daily life.
Glad to be here with you all.
Peace.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:04 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Day 6 seems to be when anxiety hits hardest for most people, at least in my limited time here. Luckily, it also seems to pass rather quickly for most. If you can meditate, then absolutely do it daily, it helps a lot for me!

Originally Posted by waxfruit View Post
Hey Everyone

Woke up to a panic attack. Was anxious and a ball of energy. Not the good kind. Went straight to a meeting. Wasn't as good as yesterday but I know I have be around recovering alcoholics right now. I feel a little better. Feeling better just typing this. The anxiety is disappearing now...
Day6-
All meetings should start with a meditation. Maybe that's in my future?
Now I know I need to incorporate meditating into my daily life.
Glad to be here with you all.
Peace.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:04 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberVictor View Post
Hi all, can I join this group?
My last drink was October 21st
Thanks
Victor
Hi Victor, welcome to the Class of October 2017. Happy to have you.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:11 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rmeatgt350 View Post
Day 6 seems to be when anxiety hits hardest for most people, at least in my limited time here. Luckily, it also seems to pass rather quickly for most. If you can meditate, then absolutely do it daily, it helps a lot for me!
Yup. And I know this. Between day 5-10 is when my heart palpitations, anxiety and loss of sleep peak. I'm keeping it simple. I accept that I'm on this path now and it's becoming more and more clear what I need to do.
Thank you -
Old 10-26-2017, 01:33 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

I'm tempted to book a 3 day vacation to Sedona, Az on my dads credit card. Is that my AV voice talking? Lol
Old 10-26-2017, 01:43 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

I'm tempted to book a 3 day vacation to Sedona, Az on my dads credit card. Is that my AV voice talking? Lol
If you do book it, book it for the whole class. SR Class Field Trip !!!
Old 10-26-2017, 01:45 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

A little funny (and a little not), when I was really struggling quitting I actually strongly considered booking a vacation to a country where there is no access to alcohol, like Morocco.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:47 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Class Field Trip Coming Soon!
Hahahaha
You crack me up- Brighten:-)
Exactly Meat...
Old 10-26-2017, 03:09 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

I so wish I could go on a class field trip with you guys
Thanks to everyone who has given any advice or support or even thought about me. I'm rooting for you all too. I hope our October group stays around for a long time because I want to be here for a long time with you. Sober.
Me and my mom went to the place to set up my classes today and I paid and filled out their forms and answered this strangely tricky worded test. I have the appt/eval next Friday. Supposed to be around two hours and I know there will be a urine test. Of which I will have to pay forty bucks apiece for two. The literature mentioned another ten bucks for a text book. The whole time I was filling out the paperwork I just wanted to sit down at a computer and type it over in a proper font with proper wording. Every sheet was crooked and some of the writing wasn't even half on one of the sheets. I know I have to go in with an open mind and do everything I can to satisfy them so they don't add something additional on to the six weeks. But my mom even said that she now understood what the lawyer said about the dmv side of it being a money racket. I don't think the classes are going to be the most positive thing on my sobriety plan.
Speaking of which... did any of you or are any of you making a plan? I was reading another thread on here about that. I think maybe this is a part I have failed before when I have tried to stop. I never made any plans about what I am going to do when certain things happen such as when I have a bad day at work or when I get down and out and I'm sitting here alone. And also more importantly what I am going to say to myself when I get some distance from now and I start going down that road of "one or two won't hurt". Does anyone have anything to share with me about what worked for them or even what didn't work. I have started a notebook where I am writing things that strike a cord with me on here down. I'm so uncertain of the future. I think I am going to be anxious the whole time until I am free of my punishment. But I want to survive it.....
Old 10-26-2017, 03:39 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Hello SoulShine

My plan is to do 90 meetings in 90 days. Build a local support system and follow what my peers have done before me to recover.
I am open and ready to do this. I'm not fighting anymore and I know I can't do it alone.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

I too have lost everything. My business, my home, my clothes, my furniture, my car, etc... Im being quite serious. Almost All Is Gone..
I often describe it as having a house fire that led to my garage, car, business and bank with no insurance. Not to mention the broken family.
Also, I am definitely allergic to alcohol. It physically makes me sick every time. I'm a good person but my body has this disease.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:46 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrightenMeUp View Post
If you do book it, book it for the whole class. SR Class Field Trip !!!
Word. That's gonna get expensive, waxfruit! I saw Sedona on TV the other day -- I think it was a commercial. Sooooo beautiful. And such a change of scenery from where I am. Sounds lovely.

Still sober on Day . . . 16.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

MeSoSober
Congrats on day 16!
I've always wanted to visit Sedona. It is beautiful and supposed to be quite spiritual.
Word-
Right?!! Lol
I'll deal with it when I do my 4th step!

I hope everyone knows I'm not going to it. I want to.
I think I should ask first.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're a good friend Lulu
Welcome aboard Victor!

I'm sure this thread will be around a while soulshine

D
Old 10-26-2017, 04:56 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Everyone. I've been hacked and I am removing my profile name from here and will create a new name. I will need to have my complete profile taken down from this site. I'll be back and under a new name.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:13 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Tomorrow makes it two weeks for me. I was incredibly tempted tonight just because I went in the grocery store I usually buy my wine. Resisted so I am glad but it was a tense night for me. Off to bed early and going to a wedding out of town this weekend that will be a real test. My drinking family and it’s in a brewery! I’m determined to handle it but I’ll leave the reception if I find myself unable. I’m
Really hoping it won’t be too hard.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:18 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lulu - you'll need to contact an Administrator for that - Anna, greeteachday, or Morning Glory.

D

Old 10-26-2017, 05:20 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Hey. Still here. A little depressed. I know I've mentioned my wife a lot here, but after 34 years, I thought I'd have more support. She wants nothing to do with my efforts. Maybe history there, but it still hurts. I am hurting and want to stay in this class. Looks like this is my only support since I won't get it at home.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:27 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post
Hey. Still here. A little depressed. I know I've mentioned my wife a lot here, but after 34 years, I thought I'd have more support. She wants nothing to do with my efforts. Maybe history there, but it still hurts. I am hurting and want to stay in this class. Looks like this is my only support since I won't get it at home.
Hang in there bobdrop.