Notices

Escaping reality Weekender 10 - 12th March

Old 03-11-2017, 09:46 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

I aspirated pizza....
Old 03-11-2017, 10:02 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Aww, Bim, I'll try.

I secretly think my 3 pugs are pleased to get rid of me sometimes....

Let's see what jungle bunnies I can find?

We get a bit spoilt here - giraffes having calves is a bit like going to the store, if you know what I mean.

5 / 6 days and as Arnie says "I'll be back..."
B.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:02 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
BixBees i agree that different perspectives widen ones outlook. Often i think that whatever method or approach is chosen is no more, and may in fact be a bit less important than the amount of work or effort you put into it. Just my opinion.

Elsewhere SoberWolf started a thread about spring cleaning. Saoutchik Towers needs a bit of that so I have started slowly with the smallest blind.
Agree. And for me it isn't one thing, it is actively pursuing things that make me think, and that seem to work...go to any length and all that. I like that "I don't drink" works in every present moment, and actually helps me reconnect to the present moment instead of spinning off into half-formed background anxiety. I do find it helpful. The little tag of "and I'll never change my mind" is a nod to my true self who made that decision. My addiction can listen in on that...I can handle the AV when it starts wheedling.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:03 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
I aspirated pizza....
Ouch! You ok? That can be serious as you well know in your work.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:05 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
I aspirated pizza....
Are you okay, Brenda?
Old 03-11-2017, 10:14 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Brenda is good at getting people to panic and then not answering, I've noticed.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:16 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Old 03-11-2017, 10:17 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Sorry I posted and didn't think it through.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:21 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

You can edit for 15 minutes, BSA - as witnessed by my post that said, " . " on the previous page.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:27 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Thanks, Bim
Hope I undid the damage.
Going to hit the hey now - long day tomorrow, need to be at OR Tambo at 10 for the charter.
Sleep soundly and peacefully, Friends.

The RLS will get me about 3AM, then a run and then just "park off" for a bit, counting my blessings. And be a bit "chuffed".

Night, night, my Friends,

B.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:31 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

LoL What did you say about me?

I'm okay, I think I coughed the pizza bits up.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
There's no such thing as overdoing postings in Weekenders. I miss the thread of last year when we would roll it over past 500 posts by Saturday.

Hi, Bruce I don't like leaving animals at the kennel either. Why can't they just go everywhere I go? Oh, because mine are cats. My dog went everywhere. It freaks out the cat to even leave the house.
Right! No such thing as over posting!
Old 03-11-2017, 10:37 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Bruce I know you are probably gone for a few hours, hitting hay. But I LOVE your avatar.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:43 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Every nurse or nurse aide has their all-time grossest moment of their career? I just had mine a half hour ago. By far. Grossest. Ever.

I work 12 hour shifts in home care and have a lot of down time and wi-fi obviously.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:20 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

I do not like studying.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I hope you are feeling a bit better now Brenda
It is only 8:35 here and I am struggling to stay awake. Rip Van Saoutchik may have to go to bed soon
Old 03-11-2017, 12:56 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

I was reading old threads of mine, particular from last September/October. BOY did I overshare?!?! What is my deal?!?!?!
Old 03-11-2017, 01:40 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

PhoenixJ - I keep squeezing bunny, but am not getting anything but animal planet.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:33 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Haha I just over heard the funniest conversation between my mother and my father.

My mom said "Jesus. That American Pie film is the greatest rubbish. Such vulgarity in every single sentence. I had never seen it before". My dad was just there going "uh huh". I'm amazed she watched it as it wouldn't be her cup of tea at all.I tried to get her to watch Iron Man one time. The response I got was "no thanks. I have no desire to watch another guy with a bucket on his head breathing heavily".

I went out with my parents today. Shopping with my mom = not fun.

I was standing in the queue to ask something and my mom was behind me. Now I can be a dreamer. Sometimes my companion will look at me and touch my face and say "physically you are here. In your head you are miles away". Which is true. Even at work when I am typing I am miles away as it can be very mechanical. At the end of the day I get my letters from the printer and look at them and I have no idea how they came out with no typos as I was not concentrating at all.

So today the till became free and my mom kind of jumped ahead of me and said "we are looking for..." So the lady looked at me and said "is this ok? Are you together?" I guess she thought my mom had jumped the queue or something.

But she has been like that ny whole life. Always answering for me. Even when the question was directed at me. Sometimes ordering for me in a restaurant. I remember when I was about 22 we went out for a family dinner and my brother's then girlfriend was there too. He said to me later "she couldn't get over mom's treatment of you".

Anyway I repeated my desire to go to Dublin for a break. My mom said again "I will go with you". I told her she would not because the last time I went to Dublin with her it was for a job interview about this time last year and it was a complete disaster. I came down the stairs that morning in my suit and feeling confident and we were in the car to the station and my mom turned to me and said "do I smell alcohol?"

No she did not smell alcohol but I felt like **** for the rest of the day and the interview was a disaster.

At my house I have bed bugs. Here out the country it is flies and moths. I would never survive in Australia unfortunately!

There were a couple of bumble bees in the garden today so spring is well and truely here.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:51 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

J8- I would suggest you consult with Sir David A. HE certainly responds well to remotes.