Notices

Escaping reality Weekender 10 - 12th March

Old 03-11-2017, 03:51 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Your mother sounds like my mother. Completely unaware of how inappropriate she is at all times. I could tell stories but I won't.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:30 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good evening ppl.

Went to the gym early as planned. Had a good run on the track then another on the treadmill. 4 miles altogether and I'm quite pleased with myself. Then we did the grocery shopping. I saw a product called a 'Newfoundland pudding bag' with a recipe. No idea what it's for.

Unpacked, had lunch, then a nap. The went to the hardware store and bought a new screwdriver for work (the lost one will be sure to show up now). Even though it's still winter outside, the hardware store is ready for summer. Patio furniture and barbeques everywhere so I spent some time, browsed around, and started feeling all 'summery'.

I was reading some cartoons and one of the characters was relaxing in a bathtub with a gin and tonic. Then it washed over me. Not a craving per say, but a bit of anxiety and the thought 'that would be so nice' then 'I can't do that' and it sort of hung with me for a bit. I did not like that feeling at all.

congratulations on 70 days DLB!

I few years back, my sister was in the hospital, it was very serious and we held a vigil for three weeks. It was months before she was released and many days were spent with her and family. I asked my company if I cold dip into next years vacation time and I was given the days without hesitation.

It 8:30pm here, I'm in my usual spot at this time of day - bed. I have an early workday planned for tomorrow so I'll be turning in soon.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:48 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

It's winter for ten more days, officially.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:35 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Good morning girls and boys.

"The early village **** hath twice done salutation to the morn. Your friends are up and buckled on their armour". The only bit I remember from school Shakespeare.
Had a great run this morning. It's good to wake up with a clear head.

I'll be heading for the airport in a while. Actually looking forward to the trip.
Hope you're all doing well,
B.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:37 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Hmm not sure what caused those stars - Shakespeare censored?
Old 03-11-2017, 09:06 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Administrator

Shakespeare should have used 'rooster'

D
Old 03-11-2017, 09:24 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Nice one, D!!
Old 03-11-2017, 09:36 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

See you later, my Friends.

Internet connections are notoriously poor in these places, and strictly "work related". Last time we got two hours "free" a night but everyone and their dog is online and you just watch that little circle going round and round.

It's about an hour to the airport, and I'll catch up later.
Be safe, everyone,

B.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:22 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

Safe journey Bruce

Tetra i agree that you don't need your mum there for a weekend break

I hope everyone made it/makes it through Saturday night. It can feel disorientating at first but the mornings are most gratifying.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:44 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

I just read BruceSA's kindling thread. Some great info from everyone who posted there!!!! Hope you are all not only surviving the weekend, but enjoying it. Safe travels Bruce.

Tetra, I really hope your Mum lets you make that trip alone. Good luck!!
Old 03-11-2017, 11:53 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Shakespeare should have used 'rooster'

D
That's so funny
Old 03-12-2017, 01:53 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

BOY did I overshare?!?! What is my deal?!?!?!
BC , an awful lot of rubbish came out my mouth especially when still drinking. I was the master of self absorbed whiney clap trap . i used to spew it out at unfortunate random people, mostly at other drunks though , then i used to do my fair share of not listening fully to their whiney self absorbed clap trap and then we'd all stagger home.

I hope these days i chooose my targets better and deal with stuff with as much good grace and humor as i can muster.

I try to be more reserved nowadays and remember that i tend to treat people ive only known a short while as friends when often it isnt the same experience for them, it used to make me dissapointed and feel sad when i was a drinker that these people didnt seem to eteem me as much as i them. Made me a bit of a people pleaser running round trying to make everyone like me .

In my own drunken way i was pushing a lot onto people .

Im free these days, i've delt with a lot of stuff, sometimes i meet non alcoholics and think blimey you got some resentments and could do with working the steps or something like it. They dont even know their sick poor dears...

In that way my alcoholism set me free and i'm " a grateful alcoholic" as it's bought me to quite a nice place where i deal with stuff, I'm in a better place than i could have been without alcoholism in my life .

I people please less , i'm less confused by people , i'm less inappropriate , love and friend choices are better although I still am pretty excentric but in a way which i enjoy, as the child of out there hippies i'm bound to find most people pretty hung up, reserved and straigt laced

Hope everyone is having a super sunday , I hope it's a sober sunday , you might have a hangover , i'm sorry if you do , drinking and it's enevitable aftermath is the pits .
The dastardly thing about sobriety is that one of the worst bits is right at the begining because alcohol is still in your system .
Remeber this rubbish feeling , the sweats , the hedache , the arguments , the turmoil , the bad decisions , loss of money , loss of self respect , none of this is the fault of sobriety, it is the fault of alcohol ..
Sobriety isnt awful , the short, medium and long term consequences of drinking are the awful .

coffee time

m
Old 03-12-2017, 04:18 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning All,

Off to work soon, all overtime, stuff that needs to be done when the office and floor are mostly quiet. Then I hope to hit the gym this afternoon. But I might skip it and go Monday instead as my Thursday business trip is messing up my weekly schedule.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:05 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Excellent post Mecanix, thank you

I have now cleaned the remaining blinds in my flat. I didn't really have the correct screwdriver the job so I sneaked into STDragon's house the other day and stole his
Old 03-12-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Nice post, Mec. Thanks.

I'm so tired I can hardly get up. Coffee is waiting, but I don't care. Just wiped out.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:15 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
J8- I would suggest you consult with Sir David A. HE certainly responds well to remotes.
PJ - I'm afraid your joke was somewhat lost on me. Had to google Sir David A to even have a clue what you were referring to.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:19 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Bruce - I call the internet spinning circle "the circle of death".
Old 03-12-2017, 07:56 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Apols j
Old 03-12-2017, 08:02 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

mecanix, I am not talking about when I drank, I'm talking about when I was sober one month, two, three.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:50 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Really great post, Mecanix.

Where's MidnightBlue?

Eagle on nest. Check.

Don't feel like cooking, who will invite me over? I have a full refrigerator, all I have to do it mix a bunch of stuff together and heat it - how hard can that be?

I had trouble going to sleep last night, and got up late and then to find out it's even later than I thought (I'm looking at you, daylight savings time.)

Have a great Sunday everyone. Not drinking is always #1 on my list. I'm really grateful today for all my blessings, health, home, food, HOT WATER!