Old 03-11-2017, 03:33 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Tetra

Haha I just over heard the funniest conversation between my mother and my father.

My mom said "Jesus. That American Pie film is the greatest rubbish. Such vulgarity in every single sentence. I had never seen it before". My dad was just there going "uh huh". I'm amazed she watched it as it wouldn't be her cup of tea at all.I tried to get her to watch Iron Man one time. The response I got was "no thanks. I have no desire to watch another guy with a bucket on his head breathing heavily".

I went out with my parents today. Shopping with my mom = not fun.

I was standing in the queue to ask something and my mom was behind me. Now I can be a dreamer. Sometimes my companion will look at me and touch my face and say "physically you are here. In your head you are miles away". Which is true. Even at work when I am typing I am miles away as it can be very mechanical. At the end of the day I get my letters from the printer and look at them and I have no idea how they came out with no typos as I was not concentrating at all.

So today the till became free and my mom kind of jumped ahead of me and said "we are looking for..." So the lady looked at me and said "is this ok? Are you together?" I guess she thought my mom had jumped the queue or something.

But she has been like that ny whole life. Always answering for me. Even when the question was directed at me. Sometimes ordering for me in a restaurant. I remember when I was about 22 we went out for a family dinner and my brother's then girlfriend was there too. He said to me later "she couldn't get over mom's treatment of you".

Anyway I repeated my desire to go to Dublin for a break. My mom said again "I will go with you". I told her she would not because the last time I went to Dublin with her it was for a job interview about this time last year and it was a complete disaster. I came down the stairs that morning in my suit and feeling confident and we were in the car to the station and my mom turned to me and said "do I smell alcohol?"

No she did not smell alcohol but I felt like **** for the rest of the day and the interview was a disaster.

At my house I have bed bugs. Here out the country it is flies and moths. I would never survive in Australia unfortunately!

There were a couple of bumble bees in the garden today so spring is well and truely here.