Notices

Escaping reality Weekender 10 - 12th March

Old 03-12-2017, 09:54 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

I got in my car and thought "Oh, I could still make mass.... wait, no I can't, it's almost over" lol
Old 03-12-2017, 09:54 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday everyone. Sober in Nashville today. Jazz brunch, museums, music. Fun with friends.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:30 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

I gotta get out of this job. I'm an adult babysitter.
My client is expecting expecting company at 2. Might have been a good idea to start getting ready at 11.
Asked at 11, she said no, wait til 12.
Asked again at 12, she said no, wait. Coworker went to the store and is still not back and it's about 1:30.
I can't do anything til he gets back because it takes two people to operate the Hoyer lift. I have to give her (the client, not my coworker) a shower. We are going to be in the middle of it when her company arrives. Just like the last time she invited people over. And I will have to ask them to wait outside.
And then instead of doing something easy for dinner, like a tray of fried chicken from the deli? She wants the other aide to cook something that is going to take two hours and he agreed.
Her family, and her partner's family, just wants to stop by, give birthday presents, eat some food, sing happy birthday, have a slice of cake, and go. They don't want to hang out for hours.
Last time they came over, for her partner's birthday a few weeks ago, she decided to put on a movie that over half of the people in the room had just recently seen within the last few days.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:33 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
saoutchik

She sure sounds a bit cranky Brenda, maybe you should have advanced the clocks by two hours instead of one.

RIP Joni Sledge - my era
Old 03-12-2017, 02:33 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
saoutchik

This is for all you Weekenders, Amy was one of us but we don't have to go the same way.

(If you look hard there are some unmarked bottles in this video but nothing that will trigger)

Old 03-12-2017, 05:01 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

We were in the midst of a transfer gone slightly wrong when everybody showed up.. lol and they had to wait in the hall for a bit, of course.

But it was a pretty good day. I am finding that being around people does wonders for my mood/spirits, but it has to be people I don't see often.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:14 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Made it through another weekend without picking up. I don't really think of it as a challenge any more, but I remember the first six months very well - when it was a challenge. I'm never going to go through that again. Nope.

I hope everyone is in safely for the night. This thread will continue on through the week, so jump on in if you want to. Part of my sobriety plan has always been to share what works for me, and this thread is a great home base. I'd love to see it back at the thousands of posts every week. That was enjoyable.

I don't suppose the dishes will self-wash. I have to at least get them into the dishwasher.

Baby eagle asleep.

Alright, G'night!! I'm going to bed sober!
Old 03-12-2017, 06:24 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
....I didn't really have the correct screwdriver the job so I sneaked into STDragon's house the other day and stole his...
Thanks for laugh Sao, I needed that. Got so blasted dam angry today, didn't know how to handle it. I had decided I wasn't going to the gym today, but I stormed out and went anyway.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:51 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Made it through another weekend without picking up. I don't really think of it as a challenge any more, but I remember the first six months very well - when it was a challenge. I'm never going to go through that again. Nope.

I hope everyone is in safely for the night. This thread will continue on through the week, so jump on in if you want to. Part of my sobriety plan has always been to share what works for me, and this thread is a great home base. I'd love to see it back at the thousands of posts every week. That was enjoyable.

I don't suppose the dishes will self-wash. I have to at least get them into the dishwasher.

Baby eagle asleep.

Alright, G'night!! I'm going to bed sober!
Bimini, thanks...this sums up how I feel today, even if the details don't match. So glad to be safely in bed. Terribly trying days, but..sober nights, sober mornings...sober good.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:57 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Weekends can be real pissers. Monday, 1225 here. Doing a lot of reading and reflecting. Since 'my story' began in earnest 17 or so months ago I really have not had time to piece it all together. Weekends can also help do peaceful and reflective (necessary to grow in recovery) stuff.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:18 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning Weekenders

I have followed your recovery story on SR PhoenixJ and I think you are an inspiration. I don't say that lightly.

Glad you made it to the gym STDragon, I expect it helped to work that anger off.

Good luck this week BixBees

OK work beckons, I left some unfinished business on Friday and I know I am going to be busy this week. Hiiiii Hoooo.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:53 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good morning, all. Just checking in.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:13 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Morning Weekenders

I have followed your recovery story on SR PhoenixJ and I think you are an inspiration. I don't say that lightly.

o.
I agree. Well done Phoenix !
Old 03-13-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

PhoenixJ, you are a friend to the rest of us. Thank you for sharing with us.
Sao, thanks for good vibes.

Lots to do today. Wish I had clairvoyance and other super powers to deploy.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:03 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Good thing about SR, BB. 99.9% of us are all friends to each other. Strength in unity, yes?
Old 03-13-2017, 07:43 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Absolutely strength in unity.

I go through periods when I think that I spend too much time on this site (I do) and in early days I thought I needed to stop spending time here because the Newcomer stories were and are so bleak and sad and I had trouble with not letting them get to me. Then I figured out I really needed to read them on occasion and remember. This site is not for the faint of heart though, this is serious adult stuff.

We all have a story that is helpful to someone.

Monday huh? I really need to get a job. Not today, though.

The young eagle is way out on a branch this morning, I missed how he got out there, but there's a forum for the eagles too, so I'll go check. S/he wants to fly off so badly - you can see it in his young eagle eyes, the promise of life to come. The parents are spending a lot of time very close by - I think they know, too. Soon he will fend for himself. So exciting/scary.

http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum...0313090353.jpg
Old 03-13-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

bb- I do not think any time spent at SR is a waste or too much. Truth b/t- I have been thinking why I just do not feel the love at AA, as here. This is real time- it is real people. AA meetings are sometimes just that- a formal meeting, with little interaction. Good for the stop drinking bit. Here, for me is better for learning and growing.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:58 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Phoenix, some days I sit here for ten hours. That's bordering on obsessive. The internet is my biggest problem right now.

bordering. Yeah, the denial is strong in this one.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:40 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

I leave it on all day, then do stuff as well- domestics, art, garden (actually pots)- recovery work, journal, writing, cooking good stuff, reading. Like having the radio on- just good to have it there. I also keep a running to do list and a progressive journal- not just daily. Helps?
Old 03-13-2017, 10:59 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Once you have a bit of sober time I think it is human nature that we take things like hangover free mornings for granted. That is why I still read and post on the Newcomers thread. Occasionally I might have something constructive to say but being taken back to how I was when I really wanted to quit but couldn't manage to do so for more than a few days is really helpful to me.

It has been a beautiful day weather wise, unfortunately it is a bit of a waste, it being Monday.