Notices

Back to Sober Basics Weekender April 8th Part 2

Old 04-12-2016, 04:56 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
saoutchik

It was SUCH a boring subject (rules governing underground personal protective equipment) Not much to work on there, still it's done

I have just eaten a cream cake containing about 12,000 calories, hit the spot though
Old 04-12-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
I see Sao made it...
well done mate!
did you use your mojo on them?

okay, I really have to do some adulting today... see yas
I cried laughing watching that 'oh contrare baby'

Sao good job on it being a sucess
Old 04-12-2016, 05:04 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Nothing wrong with rewarding yourself for a job well done, Sao. I salute anyone who gets up in front of people to speak.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Just saw footage from the hail storm in Texas on the morning news. Yikes!!
Old 04-12-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Glad it's over and you survived, Sao!

Morning rogues!
Xo
Old 04-12-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

I'll have to check out the hailstorm footage now. My brother lived in Texas for a few years. His car had a bunch of dings in the hood from hail.

I've been rereading the book "Living Sober." I forgot how practical that book is. Marty, I think it's great that there's a meeting by you based on the book. Maybe I should look into that here. Or starting one.

I'm actually not afraid of talking to an audience. I'm more afraid of talking on the phone
Old 04-12-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

I think it was Melina that had a meeting based on that book near her, Ruby. I think I said I wanted to start one. Which I can do, I think.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

came on to check the weather, we are having the perfect spring rain right now, gonna be sunny for the next week... this has been the coldest April in years around these parts...
grocery shopping done - check... stayed in produce section - check - oops, I did get artificially flavored non-dairy coffee creamer and a slab of haddock... otherwise all fresh fruits and veggies...

Sao, I used to give weekly safety meetings to a group of 20... and a quiz,
the quiz kept them interested cause they had to pass or else

looks like a stir fry maybe... can never go wrong there...
Old 04-12-2016, 07:48 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Knock'em dead Sao!

Slow cooked ribs today. Put them on just before I leave. Love coming home to the aroma of cooking without all the work. Onion, ribs, BBQ sauce. Done!

See you all later

K
Beef or pork ribs? I'm craving pork ribs but never made them in the crockpot.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

G morning eveyone!
I just took a delightful walk/hike with the doggies. I'll have to keep them on the leash soon cause the rattlesnakes will be out any day now. Then we usually walk on the street cause the dogs expect to be off leash on the trails.
Jsbodhi. ..what are you so stressed about? In the past 2 years since I quit drinking, I had to cut back on my work. It was just too stressful for me. I used to cope with the stress with a bottle of wine when I got home. I was always too exhausted to go to the gym or do anything healthy. Then I realized that if I reduced the work, the stress would be less, and I would feel better. I can now manage the stress without the wine. I'm making less money, but the extra money was not worth it.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:06 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
Beef or pork ribs? I'm craving pork ribs but never made them in the crockpot.
Baby back pork ribs on the bone. So easy and they are so good.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Nice Weather here still, and the 3rd of 3 Concrete Patio Pours - being done in sections - happens tomorrow. Then, finish work. We're gonna move some large Boulders up against the South-most ~2'-high Stem Wall to visually mask it. The World's largest Flattop Mountain is behind us at ~11,000' Elevation. It's actually the bottom of a massive Volcano that had ~40,000'-high Peaks around it before exploding ~25 Million Years ago. So, all over this Mesa-top are these nearly-black Rocks with lotsa holes in them [from eroded softer Material] that look much like Meteorites. Lotsa 'Character' Boulders to pick from; mostly cleared off into linear Piles right outta Ireland for Rock Fences. While the Concrete Gent's small 'Skidsteer' Tractor is on site, we moving some ancient Construction Debris to an invisible spot, and whipping the new South side Patio surrounds into Summertime Party shape. He's also burying a Guano-load of Sprinkler Pipe I bought. I can detail it all out later with dedicated Plant Water Lines, and mebbe some cooling Outdoor Misters a la Palm Springs Restaurant Patio-style.

The Austin Powers Soundtrack above is from The Divinyls outta Oz. Loved 'em in Concert. Real Hell Raisers on Tour, with endless Drug/Alcohol problems detailed in Singer Chrissy Amphlett's Book. Breast Cancer got her way too young, but they never let off the Accelerator in their '80s prime.

- 'I Touch Myself' ~ The Divinyls -
Old 04-12-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Did you check to see if the were radioactive Ken?
Old 04-12-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Gonna get some baby back ribs!
Old 04-12-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Morning, all!

Wish me luck, I'm supposed to go get a check today and that will mean I'm employed as the exec chef developing the culinary operations of a new hostel/hotel that will have a bangin coffee program, restaurant and a big grab and go component. I get to do all of that, write the systems manuals, order all small wares, develop recipes and cost them out, test all recipes and make the recipe bible with all ingredients and procedures, hire and train staff, do the coffee cuppings and choose our perfect blend, oversee equipment installation, etc etc etc etc so many things!

It's been nice having a break but I need to get moving again, and this is a fun opportunity!

I need to be in my element again.

So fingers crossed the guy is where he says he is, I get the check, it deposits free and clear.... and voila, chef life again! Like watering a plant and putting it in the sun! Just add money and I'll dance lololol
Old 04-12-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

good luck Melina! git 'er done...

wow Sao - 12,000 calories - are you training to swim in the next olympics?
mesa, it always cracks me up when 'they' say what things were like 40 million years ago... even Stewy's time machine doesn't go back that far...

finishing up lunch, leftover something with an avocado cut into it... soon to be followed by cantaloupe and strawberries... I got 4 lbs of strawberry for 8 bucks, froze (unthawed) some,,, prepped some for the fridge and have a bowl to pick on all day... couldn't turn down the offer...
stove is cleaned and the parts I ran through the dishwasher were also cleaned - not by the dishwasher tho..

Js, let me know when that 'unthawed' thing starts getting old too late?

took care of blood bill - they once again got the wrong id number in the claim...
I think they just do it on purpose because there is probably a percentage of people who will just send the 378 bucks without questioning it...

youtube has become my go to radio of late... listened to best of Bread while I was cleaning followed by Doobie Bros hits followed by Frampton Comes Alive

this is playing right now, and the refrain kicked me in the head...
Yeah, it's a plain shame it took me all this time to learn
>>> that I can't drink alkee haul no more...

wow, I never knew that chick from the divynals was the same age as me... she sounds a lot younger - and she used that song as a promotion for breast self exams... RIP Chrissy
Old 04-12-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
Gonna get some baby back ribs!
Old 04-12-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Sending best wishes your way Melina
Old 04-12-2016, 09:43 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

haha suid... after I cut up melon and strawberry I decided to throw a handful of blueberries in with it... then in a moment of brilliance I realized I have black cherry ice cream that would be great on top of it all...
then I thought I should share with everyone , yep, not having a job has its perks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
yum.JPG (89.1 KB, 31 views)
Old 04-12-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Going home on time for a change, no working on Reynard as I am wearing a suit

Good luck Melina, I'm sure you will be a great asset to the organisation

Mesa, can't wait to see pics when its poured and set

It is not a bad day here, think I'll walk home