Notices

Back to Sober Basics Weekender April 8th Part 2

Old 04-11-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Brain I've seen pictures of the radiation abandoned ' city' in Russia! It looks really cool!

There is an abandoned amusement park there too isn't there? Looks so creepy and interesting.
Abandoned amusement park are my fave
( not my pics)

upload an image
Old 04-11-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

free picture upload
Old 04-11-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

free image host
Old 04-11-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Oh yeah! Nice to hear from you tetra, I was thinking of sending you a message to make sure you were ok
Old 04-11-2016, 02:40 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Ruby, they can kill all the boars and it wouldn't matter. It's what they eat. All livestock eating that 'stuff' will be affected even if introduced years later. Anyway...

hey Js, yeah I was at that amusement park. I have photos of me standing at the ferris wheel, bumper cars and others. A modern ghost town.
I cannot confirm nor deny that I have a cut of film from the actual movie they were showing the night of the disaster. I went exploring away from the 'tour' just a little Hmmm, I wonder what's behind door number 2 - ah the projector room...

Sao, I have a wardrobe suggestion for you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
austinpowers.jpg (32.0 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by LBrain; 04-11-2016 at 02:47 PM. Reason: pics of amuse
Old 04-11-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

print screen windows 7
Old 04-11-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

free photo hosting

Ok, I'm done!!! No more abandoned places!! ( for now)
Old 04-11-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Cool pics Bodhi. I subscribed to the "abandoned places" section on Pinterest and now I'm being bombarded with photos, most of which I'm sure are enhanced to bump up the creepy lonely effect.

Brain, that was just the outfit I had in mind! Saosational!
Old 04-11-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Well I ruined my healthy eating today.
I went into my brother's room to borrow an iphone charger.
He had a bag of chips in there ( half full, how do people only eat half the bag and then put it away?)
I intended to steal a couple chips and then ate them all like a frenzied lunatic- I started out ok, just one or two at a time- it ended with me shoving as many in my mouth that would fit.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Sao
Old 04-11-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
I intended to steal a couple chips and then ate them all like a frenzied lunatic- I started out ok, just one or two at a time- it ended with me shoving as many in my mouth that would fit.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Tres cool pics Bodhi. Very post apocalypse. I have been to those places in my nightmares.

Bed time for me. All day meeting/training in work tomorrow. Yawn mixed with dread. Whatever that emotion is called?

B
Old 04-11-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Goodnight Behan
Old 04-11-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

I would devour that whole table SU
Old 04-11-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

My mother is downstairs watching a very distressing programme on the BBC about Jimmy Saville. I sat down for five minutes and nearly got sick.
All these people who have been to hell and back.
I know this sounds bad but I sometimes wish that I had some big thing in my past that made me an alcoholic. But I had a good childhood. I mean yeah, my mom is extremely difficult and she has a very odd family. In fact, until I was about 12, I always thought my mom had 4 sisters and 2 brothers. But she has 5 sisters. I was 22 when I met her for the first time. All these skeletons falling out of the closet. But that's not why I drank. I drank because I could not cope with my anxiety, my social anxiety and my shyness.

I regret that I resented my shyness and introversion, and that nobody ever encouraged me to embrace them as inherently good qualities.

A few days ago I found some old photos of myself aged 22 at a party my brother had. I am in the picture, too much make-up, fake smile, awkward and bottle of beer in hand. It is clear that I would rather be anywhere else. And I wish I had been more true to myself and did what I wanted instead of trying to fit in.

There is something else that I would like to get off my chest and here is the only place that I can do that without fear.

I tried telling my parents and they didn't want to know.

I have been seeing the Iranian guy again behind their backs. I saw him this weekend and I told them I was with a "friend". And it is causing me so much stress. My mom calls me about 10 times a day when I am not with her because she "worries".

But one thing is becoming clear: mom and dad have been involved in every aspect of my life and have an opinion about everything I do. And I can't live my life consistently seeking my parents approval if I ever want to truly grow up.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Which Iranian guy Tetra? The ex boyfriend or the sob story one?

You're alright, nothing wrong with a fling- you're 35, you can literally do whatever the hell you want.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

You're also not seeing him behind their backs- you're just seeing him.
It's none of their business what you do- could you imagine me trying to get my mothers approval for the stuff I do?
Old 04-11-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Saosational

SW and others, I am touched by your faith - I just wish it wasn't such a dry subject as Behan mentioned

LB - I read a lot about Chernobyl - there are a group of people, which includes me, who have donated to the next of kin of what are generally known as "the three divers"

These three guys went into and drained the "bubbler pool" - several million litres of water designed to cool the tubes, before the graphite core melted through the concrete base (and would have exploded on contact with the water making the disaster several hundred times worse)

There should be statues of the three guys in every European city IMO

It is said that when the wet suit of one of them was removed his skin came off with it

The Three Divers of Chernobyl - worth a Google
Old 04-11-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Yes, Tetra - you are correct with your last statement above. I cannot imagine my parents doing that to me. They were pretty much "hands off" once I went to college. Yeah, I screwed up and made mistakes, but I lived. I know they worried, but it wasn't smothering in any way. Too bad your parents (mother, mostly) can't be more like that.

I'm going to have amusement park nightmares tonight. They are a recurring nightmare theme for me anyway. Which is weird because I love them. I could ride roller coasters all day.

I'm about to try out the new pressure cooker. Beef stroganoff in 30 minutes. I'll report back. If it doesn't blow up in my face, that is.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Which Iranian guy Tetra? The ex boyfriend or the sob story one?

You're alright, nothing wrong with a fling- you're 35, you can literally do whatever the hell you want.
No, not the sob story one btw and thanks for letting me unburden myself xx