Notices

22 years old

Old 04-25-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TorchedGrave View Post
Likewise. The more I think about it, the more I realize how paternalistic this (i.e., Western) society has become. What world do these politicians live in to think that they can legitimately regulate the behavior of people to protect them from themselves? If I don't want to wear a helmet, then so be it. I'm only hurting myself, and I have that right. If I want to get drunk and play Russian Roulette in the privacy of my own home, then I will. Can you believe that it is illegal to ride a bike while wearing more than one earphone? It reminds me of the whole push a few years back to tax/ban sodas (of a certain size) in NY. What's next? Throwing people in jail for not eating their broccoli? Seriously. It's absurd.
Absolutely, we have god given inalienable rights. The founders of our constitution recognized this and thus created the constitution and the bill of rights. They learned from the tyranny of their homeland. Unfortunately it has been eroded over time. I'm sure you know all of that but I thought I'd respond.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Hand waving from Wisconsin.... so glad at 23 wow just think kiddo you will be 66 in the year 2059...kiddo you have so much to offer life and give the world hell for so many of us... wow what you will see hear smell taste touch and read. after so many of us are gone.. you hold tight its going to be a bumpy road but you can do it I know it.. just think of what you will do .. makes me so proud to have met you.. yep. an Old Lady Clown...
Old 04-25-2016, 06:19 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Day 91

I gotta be honest: I've been feeling consistently good since Friday, which is to say that my mood hasn't actually dropped since then. This doesn't really happen often, so the fact that it has is probably good.

Alas, the weather has taken a major dive towards depressing. It was pretty much sunny all of last week; now it's just the opposite -- rain and thunderstorms. It's quite the bummer, but there's nothing I can do about it.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:45 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Find a comfy spot inside TG, more rain on the way. Its here now and headed your way from what I understand.

Glad you feel good. For some odd reason, I did not. Had a down day. Weird.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:44 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

when it rains I put on old black and white movies from the 1930's-1940's Bogey does wonders for the rain. kid... ahahahahah
Old 04-26-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Day 92

I knew it couldn't last. My mood has definitely been off today. Again, nothing bad, just wasn't feeling it in comparison to the past 3-4 days. Kinda tired too. I just hope it's a today thing because I'm actually looking forward to the rest of the week.

We'll see.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:45 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Any update today TG?
Old 04-27-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Day 93

Yes haha. Just came home a bit late today. I'd have to say that today was a good day. Granted, I wasn't feeling as good as I was 3-4 days ago, but definitely better than yesterday, so that's great. I'm still a bit bummed about this weather. I was just finally starting to settle into the spring aura. Oh well.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:21 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

I read through this thread with more than a passing interest, I'm an avid cyclist. Going on really long rides and coming home drained has been a useful tool during my more sober days. I'm barely beginning sobriety for good- and I think it will continue as a major pastime in life. Actually looking for better days on the bike LOL
Old 04-27-2016, 11:13 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations on day 93
Old 04-28-2016, 01:17 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Crappy weather today TV? Been cold as hell here, and rainy. Winter coats had to come back out.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Day 94

It suckss man. It was also quite brisk here today too. Winter coats haven't even been put away yet here, let alone brought back. Hard to believe that we're literally days away from May, and yet it's still quite cold. Definitely not what you have in mind when you think "May weather."

In other news, Today was a good day, perhaps slightly better than yesterday.

Time really does fly though. I only "technically" have three weeks left of employment, but it'll likely extend indefinitely. We'll see where it goes.

Stay warm guys!
Old 04-28-2016, 06:41 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TorchedGrave View Post
Day 94

It suckss man. It was also quite brisk here today too. Winter coats haven't even been put away yet here, let alone brought back. Hard to believe that we're literally days away from May, and yet it's still quite cold. Definitely not what you have in mind when you think "May weather."

In other news, Today was a good day, perhaps slightly better than yesterday.

Time really does fly though. I only "technically" have three weeks left of employment, but it'll likely extend indefinitely. We'll see where it goes.

Stay warm guys!
What's the obsession with warm weather? did you not grow up in New York? Just curious.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:28 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

That's definitely a good question. I was born and raised in NY, so you'd think that I'd be used to it by now, and I guess I am, but that doesn't mean I won't always prefer hotter weather. It's probably genetic too. I'm Arab, so I'd be much happier in the desert than anywhere else. (Interestingly, and perhaps not surprisingly, my brother and dad also hate the cold like me, though probably not to the same extent.)
Old 04-29-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Day 95

Pretty good day today. Friday. I don't really have much planned for the weekend. I just need to do some laundry, which has been sitting around piling up for at least six weeks, no lie. What's funny is that I don't really need the clothes; I just want to get it over with. If I were lazy enough, I could postpone it for another week or two, but I figure it's been long enough.

So it seems that my mom is planning to extend her stay abroad, which baffles and irritates me for several reasons. (She's in Egypt, by the way.) It's because I can't stand it there. I just came back from there in November and I made a solemn vow to never return. I ******* hate it, which is sad because the last time I went (~2009), it was arguably one of the best summers I've ever had. Anyway, what bothers me is that I told her from the beginning to just book a one-way (or to just stay there); but now she wants to change the ticket, and so will probably have to pay a penalty fee or something. Even more baffling is the reason why she wants to change it. Get this. She says she's been sick for a week (or more) and going to doctors hasn't helped. So her solution is to stay there longer, where (according to her own admission) the weather makes her feel worse, and where the doctors over there are like monkeys playing with spoons compared to doctors over here. Whether she'll admit it or not, she just loves it there. She loves spending time with her sisters, which is a feeling I never shared because I was bored out of my mind over there (despite drinking!) I guess what mostly bothers me is that it's all under the pretext of her going to spend time with her father (who's sick), but come on, what 85+ year old isn't? All of this makes even less sense when you consider the fact that she was just there about eight months ago, for exactly the same reason!

In other news, the ticket that I got still hasn't appeared in the system, so it's just a waiting game now. Either it takes longer than I thought, or the guy purposefully forgot to include my license #, which would explain why it isn't appearing in the system. Regardless, I'm not paying it.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Administrator

I dunno all the ins and outs TG but feel a little empathy with your mom...I try to spend as much time with my folks as I can cos they're not getting any younger...y'know?

D
Old 04-29-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I dunno all the ins and outs TG but feel a little empathy with your mom...I try to spend as much time with my folks as I can cos they're not getting any younger...y'know?

D
Yeah I definitely get that, but it's the pretext bit that bothers me.

Whatever though. I had my spiel.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:03 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

I'm kind of lost on the particulars. Do you have to go over to see her or is it that you would like her to come home now? Or am I way off track?
Old 04-29-2016, 07:14 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I'm kind of lost on the particulars. Do you have to go over to see her or is it that you would like her to come home now? Or am I way off track?
Haha I'd never admit this, but yeah I kind of want her to come back, which is why her being (or at least acting) so indifferent is annoying.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:58 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

I see. No, I can understand that. You're still very young. I'd never admit this, but when I was 22 and came home from college on the weekends, my Mom still did my laundry. Moms will always be your Mom, no matter how old you are (at least in my family that's how it is). My parents still call me Jeffy. yeah, true story.