Thread: 22 years old
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
thomas11

Originally Posted by TorchedGrave View Post
Likewise. The more I think about it, the more I realize how paternalistic this (i.e., Western) society has become. What world do these politicians live in to think that they can legitimately regulate the behavior of people to protect them from themselves? If I don't want to wear a helmet, then so be it. I'm only hurting myself, and I have that right. If I want to get drunk and play Russian Roulette in the privacy of my own home, then I will. Can you believe that it is illegal to ride a bike while wearing more than one earphone? It reminds me of the whole push a few years back to tax/ban sodas (of a certain size) in NY. What's next? Throwing people in jail for not eating their broccoli? Seriously. It's absurd.
Absolutely, we have god given inalienable rights. The founders of our constitution recognized this and thus created the constitution and the bill of rights. They learned from the tyranny of their homeland. Unfortunately it has been eroded over time. I'm sure you know all of that but I thought I'd respond.