Notices

Ring Ring! Sober Weekender Thread Aug 14

Old 08-13-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Welcome newbie's! Wow, it's good to see so many new people here. Stick with us-we have fun on the weekends....and....we don't drink!
tetra...I hope your aunt will be ok soon. When it rains, it pours! (And I'm not talking about Morton salt!)
Soberclover. ..that funeral sounds intense and upsetting. I'm glad you are not tempted to drink. The people you ran into who are drinking again are suffering. ..don't forget that. It's ok to feel sad...feel it and it will pass.
ruby...bravo to you for tackling the son's room. And you are only on day one of your time off! Sounds like you will get lots accomplished. Make time for pampering also.
ok...time for tv. I think I'll skip the meteors tonight. Yawn.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Hey all! I'm watching television. Kids are sleeping although son is coughing. A lot. I don't think I have cough medicine.

Tetra, I hope your aunt is feeling better. It does seem like a lot to take at the moment. Take care of yourself.

Welcome everyone who's new and posting. Please do stick around and keep active here. It does move fast but just check in with I'm here! if you feel overwhelmed.

I'm going to get some ice cream and then go to bed.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:03 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

soberclover ,
big internet hug from afar .
For me the emotional ride in sobriety can seem full on but i heal and feel thing like a real living person . I'm not an alcohol fuelled automata which no feelings anymore .
Alcohol is a delusion , it lies about what it will do for you , it won't take away pain it will let it brew and mature out the way somewhere ready to ambush you to keep you trapped and stuck .

Take care , m
Old 08-14-2015, 12:08 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

Monochrome grey sky this morning. I went for a run through Shoreditch Park this morning, not my favourite venue as it is exposed and surrounded by ugly housing estates but I wanted a change from running alongside the canal towpath

Having poached eggs on toast for breakfast - not bad

Hope you feel better today Tetra and SoberClover - you both seem to have a lot on your plate.

I am not going to work on my old Lancia today as I have been every day this week and need a break.

Need a new suit for work, normally I would ask one of my daughters along for comment and advice but neither available so will need to be cautious
Old 08-14-2015, 12:19 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

I'm in! It's been a busy week, one more workday till the weekend. I've been bringing my work home with me the past few days (mentally) which isn't good. Sobriety has been hard this week because I'm not taking the time to switch out of work mode. I definitely need to work on that.

I'm looking forward to hanging around here, keeping busy this weekend and doing something fun!

Tetra and sober clover - I'm sending you loads of good vibes 🌞🌞
Old 08-14-2015, 12:20 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Morning everyone, Monochrome grey sky this morning. I went for a run through Shoreditch Park this morning, not my favourite venue as it is exposed and surrounded by ugly housing estates but I wanted a change from running alongside the canal towpath Having poached eggs on toast for breakfast - not bad Hope you feel better today Tetra and SoberClover - you both seem to have a lot on your plate. I am not going to work on my old Lancia today as I have been every day this week and need a break. Need a new suit for work, normally I would ask one of my daughters along for comment and advice but neither available so will need to be cautious
It's so dull today isn't it! I live in East London and went for a walk this morning when I couldn't sleep.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:04 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

We are nearly at the weekend.

Greeting to anyone that has joined the bus overnight.

Best wishes to Tetra and Soberclover.

Will check in later,

B
Old 08-14-2015, 01:54 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Yogapants View Post
Hi Ken, thanks for the welcome! I will definitely be checking in. Fri night I want to do an online SMART meeting. I'm hiking with a friend and my DD on Saturday. Cook on Sunday and hang out with my DD. If I like the SMART meeting on Friday, I will do them Sat and Sun too. Otherwise I'll find an AA meeting to go to.
Great Yoga... I go to SMART meetings locally. I have one tonight. I am looking forward to it actually. Check out my post in the secular section titled I Heart SMART for a little background on what it does for me. I have a few sub post to the original that also describe it. Might be helpful.

Let us know what you think!
Old 08-14-2015, 01:55 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Upwardspiral View Post
Yay, I'm on late! 2 more busy days at work then a day off!
Welcome spiral!!! Never too late.

Never too late to stop drinking also! Every sober day counts. Every sober moment and event counts.

Welcome!
Old 08-14-2015, 01:56 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Hi all, just had to drive across town in the dark to help someone out who needed a hand.

It never gets old being able to grab the keys and drive in the dark. I was so pleased to be able to do it. A small thing but it's made me feel useful.

Off to bed now, clean sheets on the bed is my Friday night ritual now..can't beat a fresh bed.

May you all enjoy a sober Friday night. You deserve it. See you in the morning.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:57 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by racing22 View Post
Is this seat taken? Ready and willing for DAY 6!
Welcome racing to SR and the weekender! This magic bus has plenty of room. Kitchen in the back. Garden two buses back. Music station in every bus!

Welcome to SR and the weekender!

What's the sober plan for the weekend? What do you intend to do?
Old 08-14-2015, 01:59 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alreadyinuse View Post
First time joiner! Am on a much needed r&r weekend. I just wanted to escape and have no plans but you know what they say about that! So my plan is to rest read walk eat yoga sleep & repeat daily over the weekend. Back home Sunday to the kids.
So I'll be keeping closeby, now I need to get more zzzzzz's, it's a warm night in Irelabd xx
Awesome plan! Check in often and tell us about how you are doing!

Welcome to SR and the weekender! We meet every week so we are always here for you!
Old 08-14-2015, 02:04 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post

It's been a long and emotional day for me. I had to go somewhere today that holds a lot of really bad memories. I spent most of the time trying to distract myself from thinking about it all. Didn't work. And if that wasn't bad enough, i stopped by to see my dad and he was drunk and making Mac and cheese and a few minutes away from setting the house on fire. I can't see him like that anymore. He looks awful. I live in constant fear of finding him dead one day.

On a brighter note....I'm sober and my future is not defined by my past....or my heritage!

Xoxo
Hugs brynn!!! I am sorry that you had to deal with that but your sober response is inspiring! Thanks for telling us.

To all the new folks with us.... This is a perfect example of living sober. Life happens but we can handle it.

K
Old 08-14-2015, 02:14 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Hugs Soberclover!!!

Well... I think I will singlehandedly get us to 500 with this weeks unusual meet and greet method. But it feels right to say more hellos this weekend. Not sure why.

I never drive in the dark either trees. It is a good feeling. I drive more in the early morning dark than I ever do in the evening dark if that makes sense.

We have a big tado at work today. Everyone leaves mid morning to go to a activity campground so we can all socialize and play games. They are going to have bubble soccer. You put on this big bubble thingy and run around or something like that. Not this guy. This year has a political aspect as I try to climb the ladder. My old ladder was a step stool since drinking and drugging always held me back. Not now. I will get into some very senior situations and am handling them amazingly well. I kinda surprised myself. Lol do I want to go? Oh hell no.

With my face blindness I hate crowds of people I am supposed to know and cannot identify. Drives me crazy.

Henry's new deal is to hide under the bed in my room. Then come out as I jump in the shower and sit right outside the shower. Never moves. I have to walk around him to finish getting ready. But he is so old and I love him so he can sit anywhere he wants. Daddy will adjust.

No iPad at work today so this is all I got to add until much later. SMART meeting tonight. The Friday meeting has grown and we go for an hour and a half. I need it today.

Tattoo all healed. I am sure it will get a few comments today when I am at this thing. Good conversation starter. For them not me. Lol.

See you all later!!
Old 08-14-2015, 02:15 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Good morning weekenders and TGIF!

I'll echo everyone in welcoming all the new folks. This is a great place to hang around for support.

Wishing everyone the best day.
Old 08-14-2015, 02:34 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice friday everyone
Old 08-14-2015, 02:39 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Checking in. I'm taking a sick day from work today. Side effects from the meds (I think) have have resulted in some things you do not want me to post about.

Back in 2012 I took a lot of sick days. It'd be 3 in the morning and I'd be on a bender, and I would e-mail my boss to tell him I'd be out. I couldn't call and leave a slurry voicemail! So glad those days are over.

I'll be napping on and off all day, I think. Trying to catch up on the sleep I didn't get last night. Don't let me derail the party bus! I'm in high spirits despite feeling poorly physically.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:00 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

I am not coping well.
I had a panic attack last night.

At work now drinking camomile tea.

I gave my father a fright I think.

Luckily my boss was very understanding.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

I'm going home to my parents after work for some rest and tlc.

I didn't know it would be this hard.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Gone to Camden to look for suit - no luck yet. Just seen a woman with so much fake tan she looks like an oompah loompa

The statue of Amy Winehouse is making me feel uneasy (survivor guilt?) It is a nice tribute but as a statue i'm not really liking it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150814_120436.jpg (65.4 KB, 40 views)