Notices

Ring Ring! Sober Weekender Thread Aug 14

Old 08-14-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Good morning! So much going on here. That PeeWee Herman picture made me smile.

Behan, you should have gone shopping with Sao. Safety in numbers. You'll find something to wear.

Skies are leaden here too. Warmer and maybe some rain later. Daughter begging for $175 doll bed. My mother in law created a monster taking daughter to American Girl doll store.

Brynn, I hope you're feeling better today. I imagine it was upsetting.

Tetra, feel better. Mecanix' suggestion of sticking to routine is good. I found routine was my friend when I was having anxiety and panic attacks.

MLD, good for you for doing your homework on the sale prices. Must be a relief to have the big stuff gone.

I'm off to pick up dry cleaning and see about getting a coat relined. Then I don't know. Laundry for the trip? Cleaning. Tonight an AA meeting.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Sao, not sure about the Amy Winehouse statue. A little unnerving to me.

BigS, I saw that Chris Farley show as I was skipping through the TV menu but didn't watch. Maybe I should have. I did watch House Hunters International. One episode showed a couple relocating to Guatemala. Same lovely views.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Ha ha thanks MesaMan - I haven't been that slim since about the age of 11. I did get - drum roll - 34 inch waist trousers. Last suit trousers were 38 inch.

In order of appearance welcome:-

DitzyDandelion
kamm
Sharon
VDGS
InTheEnd
beer gone
readytolove
vanaprastha
BeanSkillet
caliredHead
Will do it
Time Rise
aosta
Yoga pants
upwardspiral
racing 22
Melina
already in use
endless patience
Ghost face

I really hope I didn'y miss any new weekenders and if anyone on the list has posted before then my apologies - memory not what it was

There is always room for more
Old 08-14-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

It's about time I popped in to say hi. Hope you're all having a good time xx
Old 08-14-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Sao, I like that idea of the list

I'm having breakfast. Thanks for getting the Led out, ya'll (trach and Mesa)
Old 08-14-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
saoutchik

$175 for a dolls bed Ruby? Phew!
Old 08-14-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post

BigS, I saw that Chris Farley show as I was skipping through the TV menu but didn't watch. Maybe I should have.
Me too. It has been on a lot. If it shows up again, I will watch it.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Holy hard work and choreography! That synchronized swimming/Led Zeppelin thing was amazing. Such energy.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Oh, I watched on Netflix two one-hour documentaries with Russell Brand about addiction. Pretty good - they're new to Netflix, if you have it - worth watching.

He's been in recovery for many years, he has a controversial stand on how addiction could be treated/decriminalized. Plus he's just a character.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Oh thanks for the reminder about the Russell Brand stuff. Had heard about, then forgot. Memory isn't what it used to be. Better than during drinking days, though! At least I now remember (mostly) conversations I had with people a few days later. Things I told them, things they told me. Things I promised to do. If I forget now it's not because I was in a blackout. Just 'cause I'm in my 50's. People understand that.

Riding mower sold today. So over $2000 made so far now. Whooppeeee!
Old 08-14-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Hi Petals - how's the taxi business?
Old 08-14-2015, 12:02 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Chris Farley was one of my favorites. Haven't watched the documentary though.

Mld...glad the sale is going well.

We are getting a break in the heat...only 98 today vs the 106 we've had.....yay!

Finances done, laundry done, cleaning lady coming this afternoon. Went to the store and bought some cherries and avocados. Might make guacamole later. Cherries for lunch.

I've told y'all before that I have to drive by my old bar a lot and I always see all the regulars cars there still. Yesterday I almost went in......not to drink, but just to force myself to look at the people I used to hang out with and the place I used to hang out in. I didn't do it, but lately I just feel this compulsion to force myself to face all the bad stuff in my past. Have no idea if that's healthy or if Im just torturing myself. It's like I can't let it go....or let myself off the hook for all my mistakes and failures and just plain bad behavior. Not trying to be a downer....just thinking out loud to people I think will understand.

As for $175 doll beds...yikes!! I'm still waiting for an Easy Bake Oven that I asked for 3 Christmases in a row!!
Old 08-14-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

My mother drives me insane. It's like if I am not happy, she is not happy.

The only support I have is my dad.

I made it through the day barely. My colleague is having a birthday party at the end of the month and she invited me along so I was happy.

I was doing so well. Today I applied for a job at a large multinational corporation. My dad was thrilled and said I have come on a lot and I am really putting myself out there. My mom says if I keep having panic attacks like this, my boyfriend will dump me. I was shocked and I said no he will not because I am a catch. My mom was like "who told you that?" I wanted to say "my friend Bimiblue". Dad was laughing and he said I am so happy you are finally fighting your corner".

My mom just told me that my sister and I have broken her heart. And here we go again. You just can't win with some people.

My aunt is okay by the way and has been released from hospital.

I need a break from this. I might go to Dublin with my dad next month just for a break. I need a no stress weekend.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

I did talk to my brother.

He said his wife might not be able to take extra time off work but he will take some time and we will take the train to Philly and have some fun!!

Really can't wait
Old 08-14-2015, 12:24 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

I'm on board!!!!
Old 08-14-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
My mom says if I keep having panic attacks like this, my boyfriend will dump me. I was shocked and I said no he will not because I am a catch. My mom was like "who told you that?" I wanted to say "my friend Bimiblue". Dad was laughing and he said I am so happy you are finally fighting your corner".
Tell your Mom if she keeps being a judgemental ish that you're going to dump her.

I mean.

I didn't say that.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Hey all! Greetings from the beach. Hot out. Water is cool, not cold. Sun shining. Beach not crowded in the least. The Blue Angels flight team practicing for the air and water show this weekend, off in the distance.

Tetra, you are a catch. Some people are just not happy. Sounds like you're mother is afraid to let go.

Yes, $175 for a doll bed. I told daughter to put it on her wish list. Crazy. She can wish all she wants but scrooge Ruby isn't buying it.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

My current view. Skyline in the background
Old 08-14-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Wow Ruby, looks amazing!
Old 08-14-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Aww from my garden I just see a block of council flats. I call it urban chic.