Notices

Ring Ring! Sober Weekender Thread Aug 14

Old 08-14-2015, 04:06 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Best wishes Tetra
Old 08-14-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Yes I am up for a sober weekend. Went to two parties last week where other people were drinking. Don't want any of that this weekend so I think I'll do some nice cooking and go and see a jazz concert.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Thunder and lightening, very, very frightening.
For the dog, not me.
But between the two, I am not really getting a lot of sleeping in.

Tetra, sending you good thoughts. I know it is hard, but I also have faith that you will get through. Don't forget to breath.

Hope you feel better soon, Non!

Friday!!!!
Old 08-14-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

I'm in for a sober, relaxing weekend after a work week of high stress that is affecting me physically as well as emotionally. I'm exhausted. Will be a quiet cabin weekend. Will cook, read, float in the water, nap.

Hello to all vets and newbies! I love seeing what everyone is up to on the weekend.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That's it, suit purchased (dark blue two-piece) fed up of shopping

I'm sure the guy sitting next to be is trying to read what I am writing (how bored do you have to be?) I'm at lunch waiting for some Tapas - which breaks my no meat on weekday rule but since i'm on holiday...

Hi JaneLane, we're you affected by the unexploded WW2 bomb earlier in the week?
Old 08-14-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
....... the unexploded WW2 bomb earlier in the week?
Old 08-14-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

I'm all in! Getting back into sobriety and don't want to spend another weekend in bed Hunged over regretting what I did the night before
Old 08-14-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Hugs to tetra, I hope you have a bit easier of a day, just reach out when you need to.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Good morning!
Yay for friday...long day ahead, then let the weekend begin!
Cool statue of Amy Winehouse...such a tragic shame.
Big hug to you, tetra.
have a great day -see you later -
Old 08-14-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Sending hugs and best wishes to Tetra and Soberclover.

Led and Neil Young are two of my favorites.. .thanks for the reminder.

Great visit with my parents yesterday - had a lot of laughs and brought home some fresh vegetables from their garden.

Looking forward to a day of work - work that I love.

Getting the house ready this weekend for 6 visitors next week... they are staying for 6 days - for the most part they are non-drinkers. Should be a great time... they have four kids.

Have a fabulous, fun Friday everyone!
Old 08-14-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning! More estate sale today and tomorrow - not a ton left so should be quieter today. Best sale yesterday was the snow blower. Most (but not all) big ticket items are gone. So lots of puddly sales today. Still haven't sold many antiques. Did sell a 1961 Barbie yesterday. Guy wanted to pay $40 for it. Told me it wasn't in great shape. I knew from doing my research she was just fine. He came back later and paid what I was asking.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,

Getting through the work day here. Everyone in fine Friday form - we all took a much longer lunch break than usual.

I have been struggling with deciding upon suitable attire for this 40th birthday party I am going to on Saturday. I think I have finally found my outfit:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
suit.jpg (3.6 KB, 52 views)
Old 08-14-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Day 5 first weekend.... terrified. Old habits are so easy. I am trying to plan something different not to fall into the same craters. I am in a relationship that apparently drinking was important. So I am planning on a little trip to visit family after this weekend. Hopefully that will help. I have decided I have to survive.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Wanted to say a quick Hi to all the sober riders. Have taken time off from the WWW. Still sober and loving it. Gets better everyday. Day 114.
Have a great sober weekend everyone.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Sao - so you went off to Camden Town and bought a suit, eh? Pretty cool! Like the statute. I've been waiting to see if I can get a copy of "Amy", the new (and perhaps controversial) documentary. Speaking of which, I watched "I am Chris Farley" which was very good, a new documentary about the late comic who died at age 33 of a drug overdose in Chicago. Death came far too soon for both performers.

We might as well all enjoy reality (and sobriety) in our brief time on this beautiful earth. Today I'm going to work from the top deck of my terrace. Nice weather today, in fact here's a pic from just a few minutes ago! I got an extra seat - who's in? Let's beat the weekend blues and cravings together!

Old 08-14-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hi Tetra ,
you made it out to work and back , I think it's important for us to try and keep the routine going . keep on

Friday here felt like Thursday to me somehow ..

I'll be glad to put the new brake pads in the car tomorrow , give me a chance to look round the car and see what else needs to be done .

I might give it some wax oil treatment as mex-m8 does love to drive and park on the seafront ..

I was thinking I might buy myself an old StreetKa , MG TF , Mazda MX-5 , just so i can have a fun knockabout whilst Mex-m8 uses the Soul to commute because he works shifts i find myself sat at home a lot with no wheels …
If only i had enough for a stick shift C3 427 or 454 Vette … hmm maybe i'll just save for a while longer …

When the time is right things happen , i no longer demand that life fits to my ideas .. better things happen when i wait for things to arise under their own impetus .

Take care all ,

m
Old 08-14-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
I got an extra seat - who's in? Let's beat the weekend blues and cravings together!
Be right there, Big!
Old 08-14-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning y'all!

Ha! Behan....you'll be the talk of the party in those fine duds!!

Sao...congrats on the suit shopping without the daughters. What a chore.

More hugs coming your way tetra!

Hope you feel better soon, Nons!

Paying bills and getting organized today. Might hit some sales later.
Have a great day y'all!
Old 08-14-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi GS! Good to see you!!

Lovely photo big S! Wait...just realized I can see photos on here today!! Weird! But yay!

Mecanix....wise words. And Hope you find the right car at just the right time.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Welp ~

Linked below is 5:30 of your Life on the InterWeb that - for once - you won't wish you had back from feeling as if you wasted time watching something. A Gold Medal-winning Performance of Synchronized Swimming to Led Zep. Fee_nominal!

- Synchronized Swimming Competition -

Da Wife got thrown into the Pool at about age 4 to start Swimming, and make the Olympics. That didn't happen, but Synchronized Swimming, and teaching at the HS Pool later in Life, did. As did a few 'private' Swimming Soirees at night in the HS Pool with me after we met. Fine Memories, dem ones...

Within the last week, a bit of sad News Trivia was that the search for a missing Russian Free Style Deepsea Diver was called off. He had won numerous Competitions for the depth of his Dives sans any Breathing Apparatus. According to the Story, he could hold his Breath for 9 minutes!

We went out last night to hear some Music in a local Park. The expected Alcohol and [legal] Pot in darkness. I'm pleased to tell any Noobs here that these Scenarios can become giant non-issues over time, as was the case yesterday. Stellar People Watching. Even Hippies with Hookahs.

I did run across this Pic of Sao in the Sartorial Splendor of his new Suit. Fetching, eh?-)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Pee Wee.jpg (50.9 KB, 51 views)