Notices

Ring Ring! Sober Weekender Thread Aug 14

Old 08-16-2015, 03:48 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Kamm, that's so exciting! Congratulations to your sister!

Today I'm trying to make plans for after work this week. I'm going to a couple new AA meetings but after work and Saturday evenings are the hardest time for me to remain sober. I need to get my thinking cap on!
Old 08-16-2015, 04:18 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Oh nooo he didn't!!!!!

Oh yesss he did!!!!

Carpet shampooer running at 6:30 am on a Sunday on the third floor?

"This house is clean!"

Movie line!

K
Old 08-16-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kamm View Post
Love reading everyones stories! Hit 4 weeks today and am finally starting to feel somewhat normal again. My sister had her baby last night and video called me (I live on the other side of the world from her) as soon as she got into her room. It was wonderful to be sober and answer the phone and see her in her raw happiness and the new baby only a few hours old. Normally I'd be drunk and too ashamed to answer the phone. Loving the experiences that being sober continues to share with me. Finishing my first month strong and ready for hundreds more. Thank you all for continued support!
Fantastic!!!!
Old 08-16-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Do your best

Afternoon everyone hope your all having a nice day
Old 08-16-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

what a struggle it is to use this computer... I was able to read some posts...
I did see that weasel looks like a fire hydrant with legs...
not sure if it's the mouse or cpu or internet connection or what...
I do know that I have to gut in the overhead to work on a light fixture before it gets too 150 degrees up there today...

Spent another afternoon watching my sister go through the stages of inebriation. Funny the same people day after day... fortunately golf was on tv and then baseball... I nursed too many club soda cranberry with limes,,, I'm good for a while

have a good sunday all - work day all day I hope
Old 08-16-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Good morning, all! Slept a bit better last night than the previous night...but still woke up with awful congestion that required half a box of tissues to clear so I could breathe.
Planning on a longish (5-6mile) run this morning. And just being lazy, reading here, reading a book, and journaling.
Day 3 for me - historically that's been a challenge, but liquor stores are closed here in Utah on Sundays! Grateful for the extra help courtesy of religious laws.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Not much time to post.

MB, I hope you feel better.

Della, good for you that you treated yourself. I hope your funk passes. Sometimes I have to push myself to get there.

Kamm, congrats you your sister on the baby and you for hanging in and coming back.

Sao, way cool message. That's awesome.

Behan the party sounds like fun and you did it sober. Well done on 8 months. It's inspiring.

Mec, glass boxes for sure. You have a way with words to invoke a mental picture. Why not do the painting? Good idea.

I'm going to an 8 a.m. meeting to see friends. Then church then packing. And cleaning but no rug shampooer at 6:30 a.m.

See you all later.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Morning all...since back from Florida I am not keeping up with this thread well. I am in a general funk honestly, and so trying to pull myself back out of it currently. Nothing I am worrying about am I capable of changing, so really need to shift my attention to things I can do. Easier said than done it seems.

So, went for a hike last night, which made me feel better, and caught up with the thread this morning...maybe get back into my little routine will help pull me out of this mood
Old 08-16-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

We can work together to get out of our funk Learning.

Today I am making myself paint pallets with my friend lol.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning!
About to head out for a hike and then some shopping and lunch with my guy friend. We are going to the man stores - Fleet Farm and Menard's. This will only mean something to people in my neck of the woods. Think Home Depot only with more stuff like housewares, pet food, clothes, farm supplies, guns, and fishing gear. Around here we say if Fleet Farm doesn't have it, you don't need it. Should be fun.

Bought 20 pounds of Colorado peaches yesterday. I offered to split them with my mom, and now I'm sorry I did. They are soooooo delicious. Might have to get more. I want to freeze some and can marmalade (peaches, oranges, pears).

Have a lovely Sunday!
Old 08-16-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Agreed Della. Just had a long shower and got the sheets in the wash, so at least now I am not literally funky!

Cats are chasing a bug around the house, and I am trying to decide what I should do with my day, may clean the aquariums out.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:03 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.

Congratulations on 4 weeks Kamm

MLD - I LOVE peaches too... so juicy. I have really been enjoying the cherries this year, as well and so good for you.

Tetra, that is great you are thinking about going back to school - good for you.

Don't have any solid plans today... maybe do some outside yard work and clean a few more cupboards, read and relax. The only think I know for sure is I won't pick up a drink - no desire at all. Today will be a great day... no matter how it unfolds.

Enjoy your sober, sunny, speculator, Sunday!
Old 08-16-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Way to go Behan! So glad you went to a party and woke up today feeling great.
Hi mcpaul...welcome!
Cool bottle, sao.
hope you feel better midnightblue.
GLAD you are doing ok today, della.
just ate half of a cinnamon roll...I think if I eat the other half I'll have to go back to bed or catatonic. Too sweet for early morning.
See you all later.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Got a nice 2 mile walk in this morning with my dog.

It's 9am and already 85 with 75% humidity....ugh
Old 08-16-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning y'all!

Behan....thanks for the report! What a wonderful perspective and now you've got your first sober party under your belt! Well done!

Kamm...congrats on your sisters baby!

Sao....finding that message is so cool! What a neat surprise!

HAF....cinnamon roll sounds good...send the other half to me!

Learning....washing linens on Sunday has kind of become a ritual for me. I love starting the week off with clean sheets!

Hanging around the house today reading the paper. Will attempt the New York Times Sunday crossword. Wish me luck!
Old 08-16-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Rush together....it's nice being able to exercise in the mornings again! Good for you!
Old 08-16-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Googled Colorado peaches, they do look good MLD - even have their own festival

I'm working on the Lancia, someone nearby has one of those minibuses (I think it's a two-stroke) It is driving me NUTS! High pitched Ying! Ying! Ying! every 30 seconds. Made me think of this
Old 08-16-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sound and pictures don't mix (dubbing?)

By the way, I thought there were 4 Shangri-Las, where's the other one?
Old 08-16-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

That's funny Sao!!!! Like the song even as cheesy as it is.

St Loius cut pork ribs. Figured I would look up how to cook'em... Slow and low with a rub on the roaster might do it. Have the central air on so I think a hot oven will be tollerable. Especially if it's on for a few hours.

Water walk... Tommy time... Car washed... Ha ha ... Carpets cleaned! Feels so good to be home when things are in place.

Big work week with this person who is not doing well. She just does not have the skills. I forget I do what I do very innatly. If you see it you see it. If you don't it not easily trainable. Maybe I can get her to put the phone down long enough.... Probably not. That's her defense.

Now.... Look for recipes.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Minibus should have read minibike. Duh