Notices

Newbie Weekender Sober Thread June 25 until

Old 06-29-2015, 02:42 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Learning... Thanks for posting. Glad you are staying sober and working through things for the better. While I use this thread to stay sober hearing of your dating also reminds me that I don't want to date either. I don't mean that in any bad way just that I am an old dog and I don't have the drive to care if someone is interested in me.

As for me.... I have another weeeeeeeeek off!

I submitted to the tattoo artist the details of what I want her to create. So I am getting my 50th birthday tattoo done soon. I cannot wait. On my right calf. It's gonna be so darn cool. It's a 3-D tat. Cannot say what but I will post a pic when it gets done.

Gym is done already. Gonna clean me up and head to get coffee with Tommy. Then detail the car. Not supposed to get any more rain until Wednesday and that makes the efforts worth it.

Hope you all did well. I was not able to always keep up with this weeks thread.

Thank you for another sober weekend. Thank thank thank you.

K
Old 06-29-2015, 02:48 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Got the week off too now
Old 06-29-2015, 02:51 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Ok well now I want to take the week off!
Old 06-29-2015, 04:10 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Aw man...all you people have the week off!! No fair!

Still have a hard time following this thread but love to check in when I can!!!
Old 06-29-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Morning

Well, I have dated off and on for 3 years and usually do not really care, but (in case you had not noticed!), really like this guy! Will try for cool, calm and collected...but I am a heart on their sleeve girl, so will probably end up insecure, worried and obsessive! Hopefully we can get beyond the initial awkward stage or end quickly as I do not like the early stages!
Old 06-29-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Angie and MNS and lily congrats!

HaF, thank you.

Learningagain, I do stuff like that. Think twice, text once. Type here instead. Yay on date two.

First day of camp and it's pouring rain. Absolutely pouring. Argh!! No other options for mom's using it as child care. They must go. Poor kids.

Anyway, I have to run. Easily get out of morning routine practice when you have a week off. I'll catch up later on the non weekend weekenders thread.

Have fun Weasel and mecanix on your week off. No 12 mile hike for coffee Weas? And bimini, hope you got sleep.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Oh no Ruby! Camp is rough in the rain. This summer has been a washout so far. I had lots of plans, but the weather is not cooperating.

I woke up early, but must have slept in a funny position as my neck is really hurting and have a headache. Seeing if it eases up.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:22 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Feel better, LA. Morning headaches are no fun.

Rain easing. A good sign. Maybe the kids will get to run outside. At least it isn't hot. I'm bummed because I'm out of raisin bread for my almond toast.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

I think my wife is worse than I am sometimes. When we were in Roatan she wanted to move there. When we were in Seattle, she wanted to move there.
Last night I was watching a surfing 'movie' on netflix and she wandered in. Now she wants to go surfing in Hawaii and Australia and... Uh, NO!

Brain's Taxi Service did a trial run to Allentown to where the nursing board exam is going to be tomorrow. There and back in 2 hours. The site is horrible for building identifications. Looks like a 6AM departure will get her there an hour early. I'm afraid if I leave 20 minutes later I'll hit morning traffic and big delays. Better early than late. Late is a 'thanks but no-thanks' kind of deal. Thanks for spending the 200 dollar fee, but sorry, you can't take the test.

Still cloudy and cool here. I saw a patch of blue sky yesterday for about 5 minutes. That was it.
Have a good week all.

learning - slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow down girlfriend. Two things firemen are afraid of, gas pipelines and women who are impatient.

Weasel, a 3-D tattoo? What, do they pull off layers of skin and go deep to start or something? I also found out what you meant about becoming a first class citizen. I don't get the news. Everything is second or third hand - which is okay by me. I did hear on the radio about CNN covering a "flag" among the rainbow flags that they thought was an isis flag. But on closer inspection it displayed "toys" and things of that nature.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

I have the week off too!! But I'm actually temporarily laid off so it might be many weeks money might get a bit tight but hey looks like I'm going to have most of the summer off. Oh no! A summer off?! lol

Ruby your plants are very pretty. I did my garden a month ago but all the rain has drowned a few of my hanging pots..... but hopefully they make a come back.

Weasel that's cool about the tattoo. I don't have any myself but I know what I'd get if I got one. I even went as far as getting a tattoo artist to draw it for me but I didn't like what he drew so I never went through with it. Do you have other tattoos?
Old 06-29-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

See some 3D Tattoo Pix linked below. Wicked stuff.

Me, I designed a Celtic - Deco 'Ring', and got my Wedding Ring inked on. 'Tis a good thing, due to always mucking with Electricity, and Mechanical things. Rings and I don't play well together. After my Ink was complete, I saw a Pic of a Gent whose Ring got caught in Machinery. Stripped Flesh right down to the Bone. That Pic spoke to me; the already Converted...

Toasty here, so I'm watering the Yard to get it through a ~week of heat. The stubby Sprinkler Risers only do a so-so job, due to Backyard Vegetation getting taller.

Commuting today ~5 hours West to the CO Ranchette. Almost always enjoyable. With >2 weeks left here at the City House before Closing with RealtorZilla and a very nice Buyer, we're hauling over items we don't want the Movers to possibly maul. In the Version 1.0 Move a few months ago, they did very well, overall.

Our Realtor stopped by last night, and I blasted 'The Who' from an old Glastonbury Festival. A ~1 kiloWatt Amp + Studio Monitor Speakers. He was impressed, and now wants my advice to build up his own System. A fellow Music and Pop Culture Geek. My Ears are still ringing a lil. Was worth it to hear the Song below one mo time. Recovered Alc Pete Townshend winds up with bloody Fingers and ripped Pants right at the end while he slides across the Stage. He gave at the Office, so to speak...
- 3D Tattoo Pix - .

- 'Won't Get Fooled Again' ~ The Who ~ Live -
Old 06-29-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post

Weasel that's cool about the tattoo. I don't have any myself but I know what I'd get if I got one. I even went as far as getting a tattoo artist to draw it for me but I didn't like what he drew so I never went through with it. Do you have other tattoos?
Hey Zen... I have three all together. This will be my forth. And probably not my last.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Happy Sober Monday, dear people!!!
Old 06-29-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

LBrain - I know, I know...but he also knows I am usually busy putting in 80 hours a week between school and work and right now I am off for the summer and very bored. So I warned him I might be a little annoying!

Idle hands and all that...
Old 06-29-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Tues morning ... Thanks for the support folks.

3d tats are pretty cool. I have freckles.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Idle hands are BAD LA! I've gotten into trouble with all that. And I'm teasing. Eighty hours with work and school. You are one busy woman.

Brain, good idea on trial run. Good luck tomorrow. It would be bad to miss that test.

All sorts of hubbub going on this morning. I'm now not so busy. I really could get used to retirement or being a stay at home mom but alas, retirement isn't for another 15 years. Sigh. My mom keeps playing the lottery for me.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Oh, and this thread apparently is well loved and well needed this week as this is the earliest I've seen us get to 500 and a rollover.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  

I finally get moving and put laundry in and we have lost power. No idea why as it is a cool and cloudy day. I think it is a day to stay in bed!
Old 06-29-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Two Maggie Hambling paintings Mecx - way to go. Even I have heard of her. Actually she was on a tv proramme recently with Victoria Coram about bohemians. Best get 'em insured

Your a brave guy for having tats Ken. I know that if I ever got one I would change my mind after about 2 or 3 days

Reached 26C today (79F) Think I will walk home tonight as I had a business lunch today (very 1980's except for the no booze) and still feel full up.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 500 (permalink)  

well stupid me again, I got a 2 months free offer for sirius xm from the "dealership". the chucklehead I spoke to 10 days ago when I activated it said they could do it with the car off. It didn't work and I didn't care. But I got a letter with all my info on it telling me I can commence continued service blah-blah-blah. I was going to just toss it but I decided to call them. I told the "chick" it wasn't turned on. Next thing I know I'm sitting in the driveway - it works now. Of course now I'll be pestered to pay for it - ain't gonna happen in a bazillion kadzillion years. Poor gal apologized for my two month free trial being only a month and a half now. Are they serious? No pun intended.

Wife is up and has to make a daay of going to sleep at a normal hour happen so she gets up tomorrow.
I have flowers to plant and yard debris to move and get to the curb.
And probably pick more blueberries. We are enjoying them now and I doubt any will be saved for later days.

Hope you know I'm only kidding learningA. Ask Ruby, she knows I'm a kidder.

Well I ain't been shotgun for a while but I've been caller 500 a few times lately. I'll take 500 thank you. Sao just beat me for 499.

Last edited by LBrain; 06-29-2015 at 09:49 AM. Reason: 500 again