Notices

Stay Sober Weekender Thread until 6/1

Old 05-28-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
My mother saves little snippets of things because they interest her. One of them was people talking about their favorite childhood books and someone listed The Phantom Tollbooth. I read a lot as a kid and strangely, had never heard of it. Started reading it to my son last night and I really, really like it. Awesome! So if you're looking for a good read.
I named my dog after the boy in the story.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Wow, Saochick that's an awesome theater. And headphones, too boot?! Only in the UK would they think about being so thoughtful and polite of the neighbors in the evening. I dig it, looks like a great spot.

Dinner plans tomorrow evening with a lady. Nothing serious. Probably pack for vacation tomorrow afternoon. Gotta work on being efficient and pack lightly and wisely! Speaking of efficiency, I went and bought all the little tiny travel toiletries that I'll need for my trip. Very successful after-work outing. Also did laundry. Feeling prepared and "listo".

Also I called my ninety-nine year old grandmother today on my lunch break! She answered and we chatted for 20 minutes, which is a good long spell for her. She sounded good. I am heading up to Minnesota USA to visit her in early July. It will be her 100th birthday and coincidentally my 3-year sobriety anniversary falls just a few days prior. Some great trips planned this summer!

I've been down here for almost a year now. It's definitely become "home" and as you can see from the picture below, it's hard to complain!

Old 05-28-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Wow!! Breaktaking, BigS Truly. What a great location. You really have it made
Old 05-28-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Saoutchik, very nice outdoor theatre
Old 05-28-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Did I just see salted caramel ice cream
Old 05-28-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I ate ice cream. Enough for everyone. There will be no relapsing on SR tonight if I have anything to say about it.

I spent a lot of money at the grocery store. How does that happen when I live alone?

Oh yeah, meat and monster pak of TP...

Old 05-28-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Just put some air in the old unicycle. It sure a lot easier when your not falling over before you get on. It's so much fun.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I ate ice cream. Enough for everyone.

Thank you Bim!
Old 05-28-2015, 06:28 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

I'm in for a sober weekend!
Old 05-28-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Dharma looks like you have a good doggie there.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I'm in for vicarious vacations and ice cream eating! I miss Blue Bell though

I always thought unicycles looked so cool but I'd probably kill myself learning to ride one! I can juggle though (not fire or swords, just balls and pins).

Bimini....I have a fear of running out of TP so I always buy gigantic quantities....kind of embarrassing taking it out to the car though....I wish shopping carts had privacy enclosures on them....always feel so exposed.

Gorgeous photo big S!
Old 05-28-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Beautiful view Big S
I went to dentist and had a hair cut today. Very exciting, I know. Realized one of my tires is bald, so need that and an oil change tomorrow. Then I work sat and sun. Good news is I have a special dark Hershey bar. Pretty excited about that.

So yup, kinda boring but I'm sober and in a pretty good mood so can't complain. Maybe I'll watch a movie later...any Netflix suggestions?
Old 05-28-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I ate ice cream. Enough for everyone. There will be no relapsing on SR tonight if I have anything to say about it.
Haha!!! I helped! I helped A LOT!
Old 05-28-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Brynn "shopping carts with privacy enclosures". That gave me a laugh. Thanks. I always feel self-conscious pushing around the village size pack of TP too.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lily123 View Post
Did I just see salted caramel ice cream
You did. But now it's all gone. I scooped out the caramel first. Then determined it's not fair to the ice cream.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by melki View Post
You did. But now it's all gone. I scooped out the caramel first. Then determined it's not fair to the ice cream.

That's good, sound logic, lol! I like the way you think.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lily123 View Post
I went to dentist and had a hair cut today.

Maybe I'll watch a movie later...any Netflix suggestions?
Lily - I find I get a better haircut at the hair salon. Not judging, jus' saying.

I get hung up on all the one hour stuff on Netflix. I have 490ish things in my queue and almost never watch movies.

I think I'll watch Despicable Me II - tonight. Maybe. If I get off the forums. (It's not on Netflix.)
Old 05-28-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Crud! All this talk of netflix reminded me I forgot to watch Through The Wormhole last night! (No it's not on netflix but for some reason talk of netflix triggered a reminder).

Melki.....I used to eat the marshmallows out of Lucky Charms and crunch berries out of the Cap'n Crunch and leave the rest for my siblings .
Old 05-28-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by melki View Post
I scoop out all the caramel first, leaving just the ice cream.
Then I discovered jars of caramel to add to the ice cream for when I have scooped out all the caramel.
It turned into caramel with ice cream instead of the other way around.

I eventually had to stop.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Omg, Bimini, the dentist/haircut comment made me laugh out loud. That was fantastic.

Some good humor and good ice cream on here tonight. I finally finished my running around and the children are in bed. So I get approximately two seconds of me time. I never get to cook anymore. Blah!

Saoutchik, cool theatre. I like that. It would be so fun to watch a movie there.

BigS, another lovely view. And awesome that you will be around to celebrate your gram's 100th. That's fantastic.

Behan, it wouldn't hurt to see the doctor for a check up. But, could be paws. How long do you have now? I have had a couple of physicals since quitting and it feels good to get a clean bill of health. Mostly. I have high blood glucose.

Tomorrow is work. I'm hoping my mother in law follows through on picking up the kids from school tomorrow. She's backed out the past two weeks which is frustrating.

Brynn, it's very cool that you can juggle. I've tried but just can't seem to get the knack.

I'm going to get some ice cream.