Notices

Make Hope Wider Sober Weekender April 23rd Until....

Old 04-23-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
I think the right-hand sidebar is mostly ads, guys. I'm guessing that in order to keep SR running (paying for tech staff, employees, website hosting fees, server space, etc) that they elected to support some advertising. It's been minimal in the past, but I'm thinking it's more visible now because there were bills to pay. This isn't just a reddit thread, running SR is a full-time job for a handful of people. They developed an app, and have probably hired new people because of the growing success of the community.

I know everyone HATES new technology. But this is the Internet, after all - a place where things change quickly and tech-savvy users make adjustments. I'm sure by next weekend we won't even notice the sidebar. Heck, I didn't even notice until I saw the negative posts today when I just logged in! In short...we'll live. C'mon guys, get positive!
But, but, I PAID for the mobile app! It ain't pretty but the functionality seems to be the same. A backpacking site I used to frequent made a huge change in their forums rendering it useless to keyboard-centric users. They only lost 2/3 of their regular users. Including me.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey FaD... I signed up for a month with the personal trainer. I like the guy. Easy to work with. I will probably go a few months. Helps to have the added encouragement. Hope you are well!
Old 04-23-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Soon be Friday Ruby,

Personal trainer Weasel, your taking this fitness seriously which must be a good thing. I try to with jogging and sit ups etc to compensate for my increased appetite.

Make hope wider and Saoutchik narrower will be my motto this weekend
Old 04-23-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Checking in on this chilly evening. Hope for me comes from proactively protecting my plants from impending potential freezes. Yup, I do the work to cover them all and batten down the high tunnel hatches. Protect my risk the best I can then let the weather do it's thing 'cause I can't control it. Hope all are well.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Very much in!
Old 04-23-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Just watched a film called Invictus. Spectacular!

B
Old 04-23-2015, 05:31 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I haven't seen Invictus but I've heard good things, glad you liked it Behan. I myself am watching the Season 2 premier of 'Penny Dreadful' tonight, I liked the first season and look forward to more thrills. I also have Season 1 of "Indian Summers", a BBC mini-series about the British Empire's last days in India. The first episode was okay but I wasn't exactly licking my chops for the next. Does it improve, anyone?

Had a nice afternoon today. At 3.30pm I left the house and strolled the lovely colonial streets here. I stopped at a cafe I've been meaning to try out forever, and it did not disappoint! Two young Guatemalan guys were working and since I was the only customer in the store, they chatted with me while I drank my iced coffee. I needed a little human interaction, it was nice and a simple and enjoyable experience. After that I got some copies of my keys made and then hit the big Thursday marketplace and came home with some red bananas and a watermelon.

Planning a road trip. I hope to share the plan with you guys when I've got it mapped out, it's gonna rock! Getting my groove back here, feeling happy.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Say what?!?
So, weed is legal in my state and you can often smell it driving down the street or walking past houses. Thought perhaps I had a contact high when I logged in this afternoon and found this strange, strange place.......

Greetings Sober Enders!
A few weeks ago I was given an Amish Friendship Bread starter and apparently today is the day to bake the bread. No telling if it will turn out. I am a whiz with cookies, but have never successfully baked a loaf. We shall see.

Now Non, don't go spending that bonus all at once. Put some away for a rainy day.

Can't wait to see your weekend trip pictures, Big.

Smells like cinnamon in my house right now.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hope it turns out well Olive! Guess what I got today????

Nons can I borrow a couple bucks?
Old 04-23-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Hope it turns out well Olive! Guess what I got today????

only .34 cents. Maybe Non can loan it to you.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hopefully it won't take me 2 months to get a stamp lolol.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

BigS,,, hanging in there...
Olive, I never made a loaf either, I pinched a loaf tho..

Nons - CONGRATULATIONS!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
major award.jpg (26.3 KB, 39 views)
Old 04-23-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

It is a major award! I keep telling Mrs Nons that, but it doesn't seem the full gravity of it has set in. Perhaps she is in shock?

We are making hope wider, but the forum got narrower.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Olive, I never made a loaf either, I pinched a loaf tho..
Ba dum bum ching!

Old 04-23-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Nons maybe she is just afraid it's going to change you.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

So I also thought I had hit a wrong button and landed in this strange site. Tried hard to get back on the old site, to no avail. If this is how it's going to be, I suppose I can adjust. I guess it's ok. I thought it was a mobile ap or something.
Yucky day at work. ..creepy guy kept calling me. He sounded drunk. I referred him to another business because I was uncomfortable even speaking to him. He got belligerent and called me names since he knew I was putting him off. I got scared and alerted my neighbors...hopefully it won't hear from him again, but I felt on edge all afternoon.
So....this week flew by.
Ruby. ..I'm glad to hear you are having some Ruby pampering time to yourself.
Olive. ..your house must smell heavenly.
BigS....Road trip sounds great! Glad to hear that you're getting your groove back.
I'm going on a little road trip on Saturday. ..gonna scope out a camping spot for future reference. Will take one of my dogs for the ride. Sounds like fun to me. Now that I've discovered the fun of doing things alone, I prefer it that way. It's pretty weird for me. Totally contrary to the old me. A few friends heard that I'm going camping this summer and they all want to come. I'm reluctantly saying ok...when in reality, I like my solitude these days. Of course my dogs are ALL going camping.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I wonder what's gonna happen when someone posts a photo that is too big. The kind that makes the page wider.
Will that be like matter/anti-matter? Will the forum implode?

goodnight Olive.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:54 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I'm in
Horrible few days but midday Friday here things are looking up, just need to keep positive over the weekend -so sticking around here!
Old 04-23-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

and oh wow only just logged on to my computer to see the new layout/what everyone was complaining about…think i'll be sticking to posting from my phone haha
Old 04-23-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

My phone has the new format too...