Notices

Make Hope Wider Sober Weekender April 23rd Until....

Old 04-23-2015, 11:32 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I am in!

Everytime I go to see my therapist, I come home almost "high".

I feel free!

I have decided that life is for living!

I have decided to stop apologising for being me, and to start living my life!

"Everything that has happened along the way—forget it.
Forget about the first love that broke your heart.
And forget about the last break too.
Forget the time a friend you thought was best pushed a knife in your back.
Forget the words and the spite that resound in your head.
Forget the trauma that injured your flesh or your bones.
Forget the rejection you felt when someone failed to recognise your value.
Forget the tears that cleansed your soul.
Forget the mistakes that everyone makes.
Forget what you gave, without return.
Forget the mistrust, the resentment and the jealousy.
Forget about lies, betrayal and deceit.
Forget about the ones that got away—they were not meant.
Forget the time someone tripped you and caused a fall.
Forget the times you gambled but forgot you could lose.
Forget about whispers and gossips and stories—it is all an illusion, the truth only lives in one self.
Forget about rules and regulations—make new.
Forget about thinking—let the mind sit still.
Forget about time—let your heartbeat decide.
Forget about fear, it will paralyse—it is useless.
Forget about perfection, it is unobtainable—imperfection is true beauty.
And forget about forgetting—allow the release to happen. Naturally.
Then try as you can, to remember this…
Everything is already a part of you, the lessons have been learned, the memories etched and the effects have sunk in.
There is no need to hold on—it all already exists, so allow it. Let it just be. Without grasping.
Without pressing repeat.
It all had a purpose, once, long ago. Even if it was yesterday, or a minute ago—it has now passed. Past.
So just breathe…and breathe again. Deeply.
Right here, right now.
You are alive. You survived. In this very moment, this one… here…
You can choose. Choose to live.
Run. Fly. Wildly.
Begin again.
And begin to feel alive.
Feel.
Everything and nothing and all in between—feel it all. Flushing through your veins—let it in, let it sit and then let it go.
Slowly, but very surely, replace all of the forgotten with all of the new.
Add to it, mix to it, blend whoever you were, who you are now with who you are about to become.
Alchemy—turn it to gold. Turn you. It is easy. Try. All of you. Every part.
Stir the storms with the rainbows, the pleasure with the pain. Create.
Forget the old. Sprinkle in new.
Stardust. Magic. Wanderlust. Mystery. Moonlit skies. Forests. Deserts. Sparkle. Dance. Have faith. Go. Find. Don’t look far. It is there. It always was, always has been. Right there, right here. Right now.
Be free.
And each time you are overwhelmed, or hurt, or angry or in pain—go back to the top, read once more, unlearn, forget and begin again".

I bought a new book today: "Overcoming Social Anxiety and Shyness" so my plan is to exercise and do some reading this weekend. Spend some time with dad, he told me I "brighten up the house". No one told me that before. Rest a bit - I had to attend a big department meeting yesterday - I never thought I would ever say those words! It was kind of stressful for me.

There was an item on the news just now - a 22 year old footballer was playing a football match one evening, three days later he is in a wheelchair for life. I just can't get my head around that. How life can turn in a flash. And I will count myself as very, very lucky.

As my best friend said: "what mistakes did you make? Did you murder someone? Rob a bank? Keep it in perspective...."
Old 04-23-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening guys watching new show 'meet the goldbergs' then later on i watch more of the first season of breaking bad
Old 04-23-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

A while back I took a night class in 'Customer Service Techniques' to boost my confidence and so it would look good on my C.V.

I just got the certificate in the mail today - "Tetra - distinction" and I did smile when I opened it
Old 04-23-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

In for a sober weekend!
Old 04-23-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I guess there is no button like on google maps I can click to go back to the old style "classic" google maps. The day I can't click to use the 'classic' maps is the day I stop using it. hint
Old 04-23-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
I am in! Everytime I go to see my therapist, I come home almost "high". I feel free! I have decided that life is for living! I have decided to stop apologising for being me, and to start living my life! "Everything that has happened along the way—forget it. Forget about the first love that broke your heart. And forget about the last break too. Forget the time a friend you thought was best pushed a knife in your back. Forget the words and the spite that resound in your head. Forget the trauma that injured your flesh or your bones. Forget the rejection you felt when someone failed to recognise your value. Forget the tears that cleansed your soul. Forget the mistakes that everyone makes. Forget what you gave, without return. Forget the mistrust, the resentment and the jealousy. Forget about lies, betrayal and deceit. Forget about the ones that got away—they were not meant. Forget the time someone tripped you and caused a fall. Forget the times you gambled but forgot you could lose. Forget about whispers and gossips and stories—it is all an illusion, the truth only lives in one self. Forget about rules and regulations—make new. Forget about thinking—let the mind sit still. Forget about time—let your heartbeat decide. Forget about fear, it will paralyse—it is useless. Forget about perfection, it is unobtainable—imperfection is true beauty. And forget about forgetting—allow the release to happen. Naturally. Then try as you can, to remember this… Everything is already a part of you, the lessons have been learned, the memories etched and the effects have sunk in. There is no need to hold on—it all already exists, so allow it. Let it just be. Without grasping. Without pressing repeat. It all had a purpose, once, long ago. Even if it was yesterday, or a minute ago—it has now passed. Past. So just breathe…and breathe again. Deeply. Right here, right now. You are alive. You survived. In this very moment, this one… here… You can choose. Choose to live. Run. Fly. Wildly. Begin again. And begin to feel alive. Feel. Everything and nothing and all in between—feel it all. Flushing through your veins—let it in, let it sit and then let it go. Slowly, but very surely, replace all of the forgotten with all of the new. Add to it, mix to it, blend whoever you were, who you are now with who you are about to become. Alchemy—turn it to gold. Turn you. It is easy. Try. All of you. Every part. Stir the storms with the rainbows, the pleasure with the pain. Create. Forget the old. Sprinkle in new. Stardust. Magic. Wanderlust. Mystery. Moonlit skies. Forests. Deserts. Sparkle. Dance. Have faith. Go. Find. Don’t look far. It is there. It always was, always has been. Right there, right here. Right now. Be free. And each time you are overwhelmed, or hurt, or angry or in pain—go back to the top, read once more, unlearn, forget and begin again". I bought a new book today: "Overcoming Social Anxiety and Shyness" so my plan is to exercise and do some reading this weekend. Spend some time with dad, he told me I "brighten up the house". No one told me that before. Rest a bit - I had to attend a big department meeting yesterday - I never thought I would ever say those words! It was kind of stressful for me. There was an item on the news just now - a 22 year old footballer was playing a football match one evening, three days later he is in a wheelchair for life. I just can't get my head around that. How life can turn in a flash. And I will count myself as very, very lucky. As my best friend said: "what mistakes did you make? Did you murder someone? Rob a bank? Keep it in perspective...."
Well said.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hey soberenders,

I'm in like Flynn. One more day of work, then a long weekend ahead. We are going to drive to Mrs Bs home town for some visiting and family time.

These sunny days are giving me dreams of cold beer. But I am smashing these thoughts. I am very hopeful that I will maintain this sobriety.

I hope everyone is keeping well on your particular part of the planet.

B
Old 04-23-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
saoutchik

St George's day in England
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150423_202003.jpg (43.4 KB, 51 views)
Old 04-23-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey everyone! Good to see you.

I had a very crappy day at work. People not in my area being unpleasant and not flexible. So I raised the issues to management and wait for the executive decisions to be made. I know I am correct so it's just a waiting game now.

Trying a new restaurant tonight in about an hour. Hungry here! Cannot wait.

Will check in later.

Oh yeah. Hate hate hate the new layout. They take too much room from the right side of the screen and that makes the print so small my eyes strain when on the iPad. Sucks.

Ok... Nuff complaining.

K
Old 04-23-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

i'm in too.
been missing lately.life has been getting on top of me but im still here.
x
Old 04-23-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I like the orange format but I agree that the right hand side bar is annoying

Tetra, well done on your award, you have also won the Saoutchik award for a great post
Old 04-23-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I think the right-hand sidebar is mostly ads, guys. I'm guessing that in order to keep SR running (paying for tech staff, employees, website hosting fees, server space, etc) that they elected to support some advertising. It's been minimal in the past, but I'm thinking it's more visible now because there were bills to pay. This isn't just a reddit thread, running SR is a full-time job for a handful of people. They developed an app, and have probably hired new people because of the growing success of the community.

I know everyone HATES new technology. But this is the Internet, after all - a place where things change quickly and tech-savvy users make adjustments. I'm sure by next weekend we won't even notice the sidebar. Heck, I didn't even notice until I saw the negative posts today when I just logged in! In short...we'll live. C'mon guys, get positive!
Old 04-23-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

yes indeedy...

well, it looks like job hunt is my new top priority... missus is pretty upset about the shenanigans going on at her place... it is affecting her schooling, and overall well being... I mean, she is ready to quit today! And from what is going on I can't blame her one bit. A lot of prejudism going on - against her.
I was hoping she could stick it out for another month at least... problem is we need the medical benny.
So now it's a matter of getting "a job" as opposed to looking for work if you know what I mean.

hope all are doing well this fine evening... there was a huge breakdown here at the brain household today... and the entire thing is entirely my fault... if I didn't lose my job none of this would be going on. My turn to step up to the plate after a year off.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

HaF, I love the comment on the light at the end of the tunnel NOT being the train coming to smash us down. I've thought that myself.

Tetra, great post! Good to see you.

Good to see everyone! My this thread is moving quickly. Three pages already. I'm biding my time at the office until I can leave to fight traffic. My mother is watching the children this evening so that I can go get my hair done. Cut and color. It grows so quickly I feel very shaggy. A nice treat to be without the kids and have quiet time for a couple of hours. And I keep thinking this is Friday and it's not. Very disappointing.

BigS, I used to do stuff like the ex is doing. It is painful but ultimately, if you are firm and kind and straightforward, it will diminish. I love the pots. I am a big advocate of varietal greenery instead of flowers for color. Texture helps. The pic made me smile. Soon. Soon I can plant. Glad I didn't already. Snow flurries and near freezing temperatures last night. Hopefully not much longer.

Talk to you all later!
Old 04-23-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Dude! This new format is going to take some getting used to.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Brain, sounds like a ruckus going on at your place. I'm sorry Mrs. Brain is having a rough go at work. It makes things all that much harder.

I'm glad that you are all confirming that the site has definitely changed and it isn't some button I've mysteriously and accidentally pushed that is doing this to the screen.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Besides St. George's day, April 23 is the date of William Shakespeare's birth and death.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

et tu Rube' ?
Old 04-23-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I received a debit card in the mail today from my (now former) tax sweatshop employer. Apparently I was put in for a cash reward for my highly successful tax season. It took me 10 minutes to log into the card's website to see how much cash was on the card.

$5

Can I get a woot woot up in here!?! Daddy's got rent!
Old 04-23-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

We've got a St. George's Flag; one of two given us in Scotland by a Family Friend's Brother serving in the Military. Neato stuff.

I carry the other Flag in my Trailer, and put it out when Camping just to lend some Class to my Temporary Abode. My presence requires such an Addition!

Here's the Son of said Scottish Family Pal waving the Flag we were given [not St. George's] around a Rock Formation/Campfire Ring at our Mountain House. It's the one now under Contract that I've been filling out Paperwork for today. This is at 9,050' ft. Elevation. I taught 'Junior' how to fish in the ~75 Acre Private Lake in the Background. Nice Fishin' there.

Thanks for the reminder about St. George's Day!

'Life's Been Good...' ~ Joe Walsh ~ Live From Daryl's House

-