Notices

Hop to it! Weekender Thread April 1 until....

Old 04-02-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Hey all headed out for breakfast with Bacon and not that canadian bacon eeeek. Then go ride some trails on my mountain bike since my knee is feeling better today.
Stay sober peeps
Old 04-02-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
LOL I knew this was exactly the place for my vent. The weekenders always have the best responses! Loved them all..still laughing over some of them...

Welcome canguy. It gets easier. Keep on keeping on and one day you will realize a whole day has gone by without thinking about drinking, then weeks, months...and so on. Life is infinitely better without booze.

Making some soap and doing some other creating this week. I love Spring Break. LOVE.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Jumping on the bus, as 4 day weekend about to start.....
We were supposed to work tomorrow, but boss went out for a liquid lunch and declared a holiday!
SO drinking is not all bad! For me, yes, for him.....not so much!
Old 04-02-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Just spent a half hour reading what I missed since Monday - now I've already forgotten who said what, but some things stand out.

Love the idea of a sober party bus! Most party buses I've been on were sh*t shows of drunken ridiculousness. Drunk before getting to the destination. What fun is that? Party bus to baseball game an hour away, and don't remember much of the game. Kind of pointless. At least that's how I feel now. At the time getting drunk without having to drive WAS the point.

Bicycle! That's right, I have one! Quite a nice one, as I remember. Time to dig it out and see what needs to be done to bring it back to life.

TennantSmith - whovians unite!

Ruby - I think a book about stuff you see at court is a very excellent idea. If you can do it without actually identifying anyone, of course.

Gardening - going to FINALLY dig a garden patch into my back yard this year, with help from daughter and son-in-law. I have a perfect, perpetually sunny spot I've been gazing at longingly since I bought the house 11 years ago. It's about damn time.

Ignorant mean people - everywhere, I fear. I have a hard time holding my tongue, at times. I just try to teach my children to be tolerant and kind, and hope for the best for the world in general.

Looking forward to a weekend warm enough to get some stuff done outside. A couple of years of benign neglect has left my yard a bit shabby.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I am so getting a bke this year. I love those retro beach looking ones. If that makes any sense!!
Old 04-02-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Good morning...just checking in with my sober friends! Hanging out with my family that's here for the Easter weekend. I've taken a couple of days off of work so I could spend time with them.

We're headed to the pool in a couple of hours and then to an Italian restaurant that my mother keeps raving about. There's also an Easter egg hunt this afternoon that my niece's will partake in. It's going to be a very busy day and I like that because it keeps my mind off of alcohol. Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-02-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Ok.... So I am home. Too many people. I faked being sick as I am never out for being sick... So I will check work emails during the day and relax a bit. Hmmm... What's for lunch. Something sloppy I think. Yeah!
Old 04-02-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Geez, I come on Thursday to look for the weekenders thread and see it's already been around for 24 hours! I'm late! Good to see everyone, new faces and old.

The entire country is on holiday this week (although not me, as my job is based in the USA). There are parades and processions every day in my town, which is one of the largest in Latin America for tourism this week as well. The historical significance here has made this a destination spot for those celebrating "Semana Santa". I drove by a parade that was starting up on Monday and I had to snap this pic. The outfits seemed....questionable. Of course, this type of Easter dress is actually very traditional and have its roots hundreds of years ago in Spain, but as an American I gotta say it just didn't look right.

Sheesh. Anyway, have a great Thursday folks. Let's fill the bus up with gasoline and power through the weekend!
Old 04-02-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Thunderstorms this morning, maniac drivers. More harrowing than usual so I'm decompressing before going in. I expect it to be quite busy today as it was so nice yesterday. People tend to hang out drinking, fighting and doing other stupid stuff when the weather is nice.

Ah, garden. Go for the ground breaking! We expect photos.

Bernie, have fun on your trip. Hang in there with the drinking. And your kitchen will be done. Added bonus!

Brain, two o'clock? I think subconsciously you were not keen on the job. It will work out.

Time to get in. I'm glad to see everyone here. Can guy, post post post. Bump that number up.!
Old 04-02-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I live on the third floor so a garden is tough. But I want to find a few good ivy plants. I have two pots with trellises that I would like to grow the ivy and make a topiary sorta thing-a-ma-bob.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Just for you Della!

Old 04-02-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

geeeze verte, I hope you let the paint dry on your bike before you put those lemons in the basket, helluva paint job by the way.

BigS - I was started laughing when I scrolled down on saw the purple hoods... I was thinking, "Oh no..."
Don't forget to wear black on Friday. Is your girl going to be carrying the Mother on Saturday?

so much I forgot is right...

canguy, thanks for reminding me. I may just get some worms on friday for opening of the trout derby near me. First day of trout season. It is comical actually. People lined shoulder to shoulder on small streams attempting to clean out the stream of trout. It's their g-dam right to take as many fish a possible in the shortest amount of time possible.

Wife gave me orders this morning - NO MORE BACON! I need to get my cholesterol below 200 and my bp down to 115/70 - oky-doky
So I just finished off a quart of ice cream with chocolate sauce and almonds. Can't quit if it's still there. I ani't dumping a quart of ice cream folks. One pound of bacon left. That ain't going to waste either.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

oh della, I found an old pic of verte's trike, don't let that fancy lemon cruiser fool ya...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
LeTheVerte-tricycle.jpg (67.0 KB, 40 views)
Old 04-02-2015, 08:11 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

BigS, Whoa! That pic stopped me in my tracks. Thx for sharing it.

Phoenix, I hope you feel much better very soon.

Ruby, I would love to read your book. Start writing, girl!

Canguy, Hi! Stay close to the weekender thread. It helps me tremendously.

Going to work for a bit, then church for dinner and a special Maundy Thursday service. Looking forward to 3 days off with family and chocolaaaaaaate.
Stay strong, bus riders!
Old 04-02-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Verte View Post
Just for you Della!

I love it!! Exactly what I was talking about but the one I covet is baby blue and tan.

Brain there was a guy in town that tooled around on one of those...I haven't seen him in years I wonder what happened to him...and dude you know you didn't want the job
Old 04-02-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Della, I picked up a vintage pink and gray Schwinn at an estate sale. I have to take it in for tires and brake pads. Target has some cute (for bikes?) retro feel two wheelers for women in nice colors.

Weasel, you could get a big Rosemary plant in a clay pot and do a topiary out of it. Have to be vigilant on watering, both ivy and rosemary. I actually over wintered an English ivy plant from the summer. And the begonia that was its pot companion is sprouting.

Phoenix, I hope you feel better soon.

BigS, I like the pic. I'd have been taken aback but they are purple and black. Pre Easter colors.

Taking a break for a minute. I feel so antsy to move. I felt like kicking something earlier but I have soft toed shoes which I don't want to wreck. Trying to find the perfect pair of comfortable shoes is such a pain. I like squared toes, flat and soft.

Time to get back.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

How on earth can you possibly get arrested 226 times between the ages of 18 and 54?
Old 04-02-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

okay, I really didn't want the job. are we all happy now?
stick around and stay on the bus...

the original stay. to think I used to be able to do this falsetto. I could also sing "Angel Baby" in key.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

why not, it's a long weekend and this thread needs to roll

Wayne Newton had nothing on me!

Old 04-02-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

For habitually drinking on the public way