Notices

Hop to it! Weekender Thread April 1 until....

Old 04-01-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hopping on. Another busy day in front of me. Mr. strat comes home tonight. I am hoping I can get this presentation done before he gets home and after having to go in this morning to work on 2 class projects.

Della-don't fall for the bribe! Even if you pay, there are no guarantees. I think it's a conspiracy. *gives weasel 2 cans of spam*.

2WT-it's so good to see you back!

Olive-how are your plants doing?

Twal-that was great!

Ruby-that is a great idea to get your bike fixed up so you can ride it. So happy to hear you're having a good day!
Old 04-01-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welp ~

At least we know that, if the GeekEnder Bus gets crowded, we can always increase our carrying capacity and switch to RR Cars. Gee, no wonder another Search Result I just saw mentioned '1,500 People Die Each Year On India's Railways'. Ya think?

Pro Movers efficiently packed up our stuff at our City House yesterday, and show up here at the W. CO Ranchette in a few hours to unload. Money well spent. There's several things I'm too old for, and Packing/Moving myself is but one of them!

Stupendous Weather, and a close call-free Drive yesterday while towing my Utility Trailer of 'stuff', including a high-end Treadmill.

Here's an appropriate Tune from Little Feat featuring the esteemed Fred Tackett on Mando for L 'Birthday Bwana' Brain.

'New Delhi Freight Train' ~ Little Feat ~ Live
-

-
Old 04-01-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

MM, I'm hoping that train isn't leaving the station and is a posed shot. Can't see out those windows. Amazing.

Well, it's officially started looking like April fools day. I got to work and realized my lunch is still sitting on the counter at home. At least I have that chocolate donut and my apple and raisin toast with almond butter so I won't starve.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Ruby2, I am a Whovian through and through.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey all its good to be back, kinda fell of my sober bike there for awhile. Its been quite a transition from nh to fl but I'm loving the weather. I have been doing odd jobs for cash but i finally found a real job and start on monday.
I'm waiting in the dr.s office to have my knee drainded, sooo that's my day so far.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good morning, all!

That was a nice early start, Ken

I'm refusing to spend the entire day on this site today.

I think I'll watch "Chocolate" tonight. Talk about romancing chocolate. Mmmm Johnny Depp.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I woke up at 10:30. Was up all night almost. Arg - "discussing" with missus over traveling to crimea. Then she tells me we are packing sleeping bags so we can live in a tent for a few days. WTF? I should have said have a good trip and gone fishing in Montana for chrissakes. I really don't feel like sneaking around and trying to stay under the radar. This saga is just stating. Then asks me if I am okay to hike and sleep in a sleeping. After all she reminded me I am 56 yesterday. But not many people get a change to travel through the good ole uzzr...

Thanks for the song Mesa... Still Little Feat will never be the same...
Since the wife is so concerned, here is a more appropriate LF tune:

ps I called shotgun last night.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

2WT, I'm glad you made it safely to FL and that you have a job lined up. And you're back on the bus. Knee draining? Doesn't sound so great though. Hope it's only a temporary setback.

Tennantsmith

Temporary lull at work so I'm enjoying the sunshine. I'm also going to take the time to text my brother to figure out Easter plans. Our mom usually puts them together but parents out of town for a wedding Saturday. My brother and I are great at miscommunicating with each other.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Bimini, if you spend the day elsewhere we'll miss your humor! Report back please and regale us with your adventures.

Brain, sounds like an interesting excursion. Tenting in b kpym
Old 04-01-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Definitely in and late as usual. Great intro to a sober weekend Weasel!

Looks like i'm on the roof with Soberwolf... and no, I'm not riding on MM's crowded roof!

Happy belated birthday LB. I used to do the hiking and camping under the radar thing. Loved it when I was younger! Now my sense of adventure is borrowing our friends POP-UP-Trailer which sleeps 12, has a nice air conditioner / heater, stove, heated shower... you get the picture.

Going to feel great enjoying this spring weekend sober and with family; my personal one and my extended one at SR as well!

Happy sober Easter everyone!
Old 04-01-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm in!
Old 04-01-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi Ccam, hi Trees!

Ccam, not late. The thread is early this week. Never late. Didn't Mec say we don't leave anyone behind?
Old 04-01-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by TennantSmith View Post
Day 4. I've been exercising a lot more over the past few weeks. Some hard hill runs decided to kill my shins yesterday.so today, I'm doing some elliptical time and lifting. It's Spring Break starting tomorrow, so I have a lot planned with my girls.

Happy Spring
It so nice to look in the big mirror that lets me see all the smiling faces on the sober bus... Oh! Wait! A new face!

Welcome to SR. TS! And welcome to the weekender!
Old 04-01-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post

-
That guy walking between the tracks is really taking his life in his hands!
Old 04-01-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
I am in)
Old 04-01-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Welcome back 2Wheel! Glad things are turning around for you.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Ruby having my knee drained is a huge relief. Feels so much better afterwards i can walk pain free again.

LB that sounds like an odd trip, but interrsting that's for sure.

Gonna go pick up a pair of reading glasses, and head to the library. I'm slightly upset about the lack of bacon talk in this thread. Ok phew now i feel better.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

2WT, glad you get relief. Bacon was just waiting for you to bring it up.

Reading glasses, ugh.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:05 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
EndGame

Easter Sunday. Death and resurrection. A poignant metaphor.

Rising from the dead after enduring unimagined suffering and then making the ultimate sacrifice in the service of love, so that others would live. Leaving the past behind, and embracing a newer, more meaningful dimension of reality.

Sounds familiar.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

well.......................... I'm sober at least.

Still some work to do tho...... I seem to have misplaced a 1099B/papers and a couple other documents. When I took over the paperwork and filing system I was still in old brain mode... gotta do a little scrambling today. My trip to the gym has been postponed.

2wheel... we are getting a car and driving from the "mainland" and taking the ferry to kerch, then driving to sevastopol. looks like setting up base camp and taking day hikes. I am totally against the whole idea. She is making plans, I am making excuses, or actually using very good reasoning.

It really is a beautiful place tho...