Notices

Hop to it! Weekender Thread April 1 until....

Old 04-02-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

give the guy a break Ruby, it is after all less than 10 times a year.
some people...
Old 04-02-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
How on earth can you possibly get arrested 226 times between the ages of 18 and 54?
Was his name Bob?

And when you feel antsy, go to the ladies room and do some quick calisthenics. I did that in my last job. Only got "caught" a couple times.

I used to work in the restaurant industry. I would go to the walk-in to "cool off." We got plenty of exercise - in my case I had to get away from people.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Bimini, I understand! Getting away from people. The bathroom is unfortunately a tiny room. I'd hurt myself doing calisthenics. But, I think if I can I'm going to take the train to the office which gives me a decent walk at a good clip.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Love going into the walk in to cool off.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Or you could kick something, I like that idea as well. There were times in that walk in when I would scream. I hope it was soundproof...
Old 04-02-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Weekenders
Old 04-02-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Or you could kick something, I like that idea as well.
Ms. Ruby need's some steel-toed flats.

Hiya Soberwolf! Have a seat and check out the view. The sober weekend is here.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hi SoberWolf. What's for dinner tonight?

Verte, I like the steel toed idea. I think if I'd worn my Doc Martens this morning, I may have kicked the wall. It's brick.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Tales From Ruby's World caused me to recall this one...

I got the monthly Mag from 'National Lampoon' fo evah. The Crowd that later wrote 'Vacation' and 'Animal House', et al. Da Wife could tell when this Mag had arrived in the Mail because she could hear the howls of my laughter throughout the House.

There was a section called 'True Facts'. These were Newspaper Clippings sent in, and vetted. Man, you'd feel like fn Einstein after reading a page or two of those bits.

One Story I recall many Decades later was about this Armed Robbery Homie in Court on Trial. His Public Defender was doing the best he could with the Case. 'You can't polish a Turd', as a good Pal used to say when attempting to repair some beat-up Guitar given to him to make sound wonderful. Homie The Perp was generally keeping it together in Court. Then, the Prosecutor asked the Convenience Store Clerk on the Stand if he recognized in the Courtroom the Gent who'd stuck a Gun in his Face while demanding he clean out the Cash Register. He pointed to Homie The Perp and said: 'Yes, that's him right there'.

At this point, Homie loses it. He JUMPS up and yells: 'I KNEW I shoulda shot your MuthaFu**in Head off when I had the chance'! Um, .... LONG pause .... 'Uh, if I was the only one in the Store, that is'. Homie then sat down, fuming.

The Jury returned a Verdict of 'Guilty' after ~15 minutes deliberation.

Just finished off my Sushi Rolls for Brunch. Unpacking numerous Boxes unloaded only yesterday. Nature Abhors A Vacuum, and we collected some 'stuff', fo sho. Good times, actually. I got some Fix It Chores to jump on. Secure back on the bottom of an Art Deco 'Hoosier' we got eons ago. Then, fancy Plates and Collectibles can load in. Put the Platform Guest Bed together. I built it in College, and it's sturdy enough to support a Tank. But, hey, it's paid for.

Away to the Dog Park later to let our Goldie play with his Bestie Pal Pooch; a Dog Play Date we set up last night.

I guess LBrain has answered our nagging question: 'How Lowe can you go'?-)

From a Comment in his Post #107, here's one for our Summer Camp Leader Weas...

'Too Many People' ~ Sir Paul McCartney ~ Live
-
Old 04-02-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

MM, that's classic. I love reading odd newspaper clippings. I saved one. Mugshot of this crazy looking guy. Really nutty looking. Crossed the US Canadian border in Vermont, into the US. Border patrol notes he had a bloody chainsaw and other sharp objects in his car but let him through. He had murdered his neighbors with the chainsaw. I would have stopped the dude at the border. No one was suspicious?
Old 04-02-2015, 11:54 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Hi weekenders,

Grey and miserable weather here. Just one more day to go then le weekend long!

Hope everyone is keeping well.

B
Old 04-02-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is "good friday" here. There is a prohibition on the sale of alcohol. It's somewhat akin to a storm warning. The shops will be packed with people stocking up on alcohol in preparation for the drypocalypse!!!

B
Old 04-02-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
saoutchik

The weekender bus is really moving.

My feeble Saoutchik brain can't remember
100 or so posts

Like Weasel I spoke with my firms owner ( there are only 32 people in it so I speak to him most days) No praise for me - I would be really worried if he started praising me - did get a half hearted apology from him + we are to get green tea at work, down to my ceaseless propaganda I reckon.

Also like W I live in a flat -2nd floor but we call it the 1st floor for some reason with the 1st being called the ground.

Too tired to cook

Welcome to all the new people
Old 04-02-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

Hey weekenders!

I don't have any plans this weekend. My baby turns 4 next week & I am a little emotional about it. I know, ridiculous...but she is my only child. Time is flying by too quickly for me. LOL

Will be planning & preparing for a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle birthday party for a 4 year old little girl. My daughter is awesome....not the "conventional" little girl & I am totally encouraging her to be different. :-) Different is awesome!
Old 04-02-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I used to work in the restaurant industry. I would go to the walk-in to "cool off." We got plenty of exercise - in my case I had to get away from people.
You brought back memories. We used to go to the walk-in to get stoned. God knows what we were thinking. I mean, it's not like there was a window or a back door to escape.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Happy birthday to your daughter JT. I got a little teary when my daughter turned four too. She's my baby and will be 7. And since I'm fifty, no more for me. Have fun with TMNT.

Behan, it's gray and dreary here too. More rain expected but that's ok. Wash the winter grim away. And April showers bring May flowers, right?

Saoutchik, Just rest. Sounds like you're done in. I had a sandwich for dinner last night. No energy for anything else.

On the train downtown. Will close my eyes
Old 04-02-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

EndGame, kind of like the "smoking in the bathroom". I mean, it's not like the smoke dissipated like magic.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

.....lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K59EMGgrUA

Playing around trying to find out how you get the image link to the page....
Old 04-02-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Count me in Weekenders!!
Old 04-02-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
You brought back memories. We used to go to the walk-in to get stoned. God knows what we were thinking. I mean, it's not like there was a window or a back door to escape.
We had to take polygraphs on the regular. One of the questions was, "Have you done illegal drugs or possessed illegal drugs on the premises?"

When I say, "cool off" I am being literal.