Notices

Hop to it! Weekender Thread April 1 until....

Old 04-01-2015, 02:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Cool Hop to it! Weekender Thread April 1 until....

How about a nice simple kickoff to a weekender thread... started early for those with time off for the Easter holiday.

I used to own my own chocolate store. Easter was a wonderful time to be making candy. Many molds of little white chocolate lambs. Bunnies with big ears. Bunnies with hand made marshmallow filling in the cotton tails. I would blow up balloons and drizzle dark, white and milk chocolate to make a string like form that when I removed the balloon was left with wonderfully fun editable Easter basket I could delicately fill and box up for someone special.

Drinking took my creativity away. But living sober is reigniting it in new ways.

Hop to it this long weekend. Know that what drinking has taken can return.

See it in the posts of others staying sober this weekend along with you. You can do it!

Are you ready?

Welcome to your sober weekend!

*Ring Ring*

Old 04-01-2015, 02:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

bang ! shotgun
Old 04-01-2015, 02:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday LB!!!

This is NOT the shotgun post!!! AHHH!!! I did not even have tme to get my own first post in! Well done M!! well done!!!

Welcome new folks! Please feel free to join in and stay sober this weekend!
Old 04-01-2015, 02:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Good to see you K ,
thanks for kicking us all off and welcoming us with the freedom bell and the bell of mindfulness .

I often paralleled our experience of getting sober with that of learning to ride a bike .

We sometimes fall off , falling off isn't part of cycling but for some it's painful and a lesson in being sober and moderate in habit .
There will be potholes and cracks in this highway as we go along , if we stick together maybe we can avoid them .
If you take a tumble none of us race off , we're not in a race we're just out to enjoy the sober ride of our lives .
I hope you come to join us ..
*ring_ring* goes my sober bicycle bell , the first ring is the bell of mindfulness calling to you , what are you doing right now ? take a deep breath , be aware of your body and your mind , what are you doing , how are you acting ? Is this how you want to be , you can start your day over any time at all .

The second ring is the freedom bell , Weasel and i are ringing it for you now , freedom is available to you i hope you come join us .

Take care everyone , lets do this , m
Old 04-01-2015, 02:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm in for a sober weekend! Let's get the party bus rolling...
Old 04-01-2015, 02:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Good to see you K ,
thanks for kicking us all off and welcoming us with the freedom bell and the bell of mindfulness .

I often paralleled our experience of getting sober with that of learning to ride a bike .

We sometimes fall off , falling off isn't part of cycling but for some it's painful and a lesson in being sober and moderate in habit .
There will be potholes and cracks in this highway as we go along , if we stick together maybe we can avoid them .
If you take a tumble none of us race off , we're not in a race we're just out to enjoy the sober ride of our lives .
I hope you come to join us ..
*ring_ring* goes my sober bicycle bell , the first ring is the bell of mindfulness calling to you , what are you doing right now ? take a deep breath , be aware of your body and your mind , what are you doing , how are you acting ? Is this how you want to be , you can start your day over any time at all .

The second ring is the freedom bell , Weasel and i are ringing it for you now , freedom is available to you i hope you come join us .

Take care everyone , lets do this , m
Well said!!! Well said!!!

Sobriety is a tag team event!
Old 04-01-2015, 02:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Damn how early do I have to get up to get shotgun? That's it I am moving to the UK.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

IN!

Happy April Everyone!
Old 04-01-2015, 04:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Riding the roof im in
Old 04-01-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well Ken, you wrote my own sorta dream in your OP. I love to make/temper chocolate and I'll be doing some for Mr Marcher and Mum Marcher on Friday.

As for the old drinking? How did I have the time to drink? There is so much to do.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Damn how early do I have to get up to get shotgun? That's it I am moving to the UK.
Forget it Della. I live in the Future, in Australia, I didn't get Shotgun here and I never have on the Marcher 2013 thread. I'm seriously thinking of bribing either Ken or Dee-- I wonder who is more bribe-able?
Old 04-01-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good morning! Della, I used to think I'd up and move to England at some point.

I'm having a good day today. It hasn't yet unfolded, but that is my mindset. It's Wednesday. I'm not battling a hangover. My head is clear and I'm not filled with dread or regret. I'm happy to be here. I want a window seat to see the passing pageant.

You reminded me that at some point I want to get my actual bicycle fixed so I can ride this summer.

Marcher, what does Thursday hold for us here on the other side of the timeline?
Old 04-01-2015, 04:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Forget it Della. I live in the Future, in Australia, I didn't get Shotgun here and I never have on the Marcher 2013 thread. I'm seriously thinking of bribing either Ken or Dee-- I wonder who is more bribe-able?
Ken
Old 04-01-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Marcher, what does Thursday hold for us here on the other side of the timeline?
Allow me..... SOBRIETY awaits my dear Miss Ruby. Sobriety...onward!
Old 04-01-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good Morning Sober Enders!!!!
Yesterday I thought it was Monday, and now today it appears to be Thursday?! Oh, I know, this must have evolved into April Fools Week!

Climbing aboard!!!!
Old 04-01-2015, 05:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Ken
Most definitely I wouldn't even attempt it with Dee...I think with Ken it would only take a can of Spam!
Old 04-01-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Did i hear sober bike? I'm in, deff need a sober weekend.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Day 4. I've been exercising a lot more over the past few weeks. Some hard hill runs decided to kill my shins yesterday.so today, I'm doing some elliptical time and lifting. It's Spring Break starting tomorrow, so I have a lot planned with my girls.

Happy Spring
Old 04-01-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!
I'm on board for a sober weekend. ...couple more days of work and half day Friday.
Great idea to get the bike out of the shed! Maybe that will be a weekend project. I'd like to go for a ride.
Della. ...I'll meet you in the UK. I have images of beautiful little cottages with gardens.
Ok...more coffee is needed here. Have a great day-don't be an April fool..see you later.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

2wheelterror! How are you doing? Good to see you!

Tennantsmith, sounds like a healthy busy week. Welcome to the weekenders. Dr. Who fan? Me too.

HaF, maybe we could do an England field trip.

At work. Hopefully it goes all according to plan. Which is a smooth day. Once I get the kids ready and out the door, it gets better. Supposed to be near 70 today but heard weather snippet which said something about dropping temps on friday and snow. Ah, well. I can't fix, manage or control the weather. I'll just have to accept it.