Notices

Hop to it! Weekender Thread April 1 until....

Old 04-02-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Congrats Mec!! Love your balcony Ken.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Good night solarion. Sleep is so important. I don't get enough and it's taking a toll.

Train home was nice. I don't miss sitting in traffic.

K. you do have a lovely balcony. Maybe you could train something to grow up the railings?
Old 04-02-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Count me in. Two AA meetings under my belt and feeling hopeful.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Good for you Cleomie! Hang here with us this weekend if you need the support while not at meetings.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

I love the talk about clanking bottles. Made me think of when I would take my bottles to the recycling bins...I was always so embarrassed that I had so many wine bottles and was afraid someone would notice. As if everyone was watching me dump my bottles and thinking, "wow, she sure drinks a lot!!!" As if anyone even cared!
Like buying booze from a convenience store...I used to have a few and would alternate cause I didn't want the cashier to think I was a lush...as if they even cared. Dumb, dumb. Sure glad I don't have to be paranoid about that anymore.
Can't wait for the weekend to begin. ..short day at work tomorrow and then it's the weekend! *****!
Old 04-02-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Ruby...I'm glad you didn't have to fight traffic tonight. Why don't you always take the train? I suppose it takes longer to get home. But it must give you a chance to unwind after work before you get home. Sounds better to me than fighting traffic.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Hi HaF. I'm sure the garbage collectors figured out when I quit. Cut the recycling in half.

My day is in two parts. I start at one location and then have to go into the office downtown. The first stop is not convenient to the train I take but is half way to downtown. But, to take the train down to the office I literally drive back to NY neighborhood and then go downtown. So, I go backward to go forward. Can't always do it because the trains only run once an hour inbound during non rush hour. Long explanation. I'd ride the train every day if I could. One thing I miss immensely after transferring to this gig. Part of my story. I didn't lose my job but I transferred from one position to another after being not the best due to the drinking and having strong hints that perhaps the transfer was a good idea.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Watching Anthony Bourdain's The Layover. He's visiting Seattle. Cream cheese on hotdogs?
Old 04-02-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

I figured there was a good reason, ruby. Maybe you will have your old position back someday soon , or an even better one, closer to home.
I'm watching imitation game...just came out in video. Pretty good so far but I think I'll watch half tonight and the rest tomorrow. ..yawn...
Old 04-02-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Pouncer if you are reading come back to this thread at least.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:17 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Ruby I used to watch Bourdain a lot, even had his book, "Kitchen Confidential". I do like the guy...but can't watch him anymore! To see him drinking so much on his shows makes me think: "gee, he overcame a terrible herion addiction and now is drinking booze like crazy and he's doing great!" - I feel envious in a way. And instead of enjoying the show and the banter, I monitor his drinking intake. I was so preoccupied, and that was the end of watching Bourdain for me! It was a loss, though, he's both a jerk and a real interesting guy at the same time, really entertaining scenery also.

I have had a headache the past few days, I usually get them when the weather changes. We've had fog/haze recently and an uptick in temps after several months of bone dry weather and I think that's the cause. The girlfriend is coming tomorrow for the weekend. Maybe that's part of my headache too! Honestly she's been nothing but sweet and nice, but I am feeling the need for a break. I need some alone time, but not here in my house; somewhere "out there". Well, off to bed, g'night guys.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:40 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Watching Anthony Bourdain's The Layover. He's visiting Seattle. Cream cheese on hotdogs?
You know what's really good on hot dogs? Egg salad. I am not kidding. It is seriously awesome.

Trying to catch up on everything and am still in the process of catching up on this thread, but heading to bed since I am tired. The insane week is now over and mr. strat is home.

Olive-I am so glad to hear your plants are doing well! You are awesome at gardening!
Old 04-02-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
saoutchik

5:15 am only crazy people up at this time

I am going to jog to 3 Mills Island again via Olympic Park.

Bacon awaits
Old 04-02-2015, 11:03 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
Like buying booze from a convenience store...I used to have a few and would alternate cause I didn't want the cashier to think I was a lush...as if they even cared. Dumb, dumb.

Actually Happy& as a student I was the cashier behind the counter in a number of liquor outlets. And we knew all the p***heads...what they were like at different stages of the day and night etc. Nothing much else to do except check out the customers really....

It led to me being very aware of 'cycling' my outlets. I'm sure plenty of us have done it.....just more drinkin' life hard work to do. There are so many things that'd be great to not have to think about any more....
Old 04-02-2015, 11:47 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That's better, I am fortified with bacon, sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms, hash browns, potato farls, eggs, coffee and

Jogged the long way back (slowly) via Itchycoo park and Spitalfields.So many people about already.

HaF/Canguy I used to visit many establishments for my booze but they still new - they would reach for what I wanted without me asking

Spitting with rain here and the sky is 50 shades of grey. London simply must try harder
Old 04-02-2015, 11:47 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Coffee and OJ
Old 04-03-2015, 12:22 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

early to bed early to rise...
couldn't resist...

Old 04-03-2015, 12:38 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Morning all happy good friday .
In the UK easter eggs are delivered by a rabbit or bunny, in france bells fly out from the vatican and drop them .. I get mine in the supermarket , How dull !!

Hows things Solarion i ask just because your relatively new and have under 100 posts , same goes for you cleomie ? hope you both check in and are ok

Hi Saoutchic ,
I'm glad you found me living in london useful ?? but for each of us work / life balances is an important part of recovery and life.
With the traffic here meaning i used to take 2 hrs to go 12 miles home from work meant 12 hour working days were happening often and my mood and life was soured by it .

I didn't like the fact drinking made me sour , so does driving in those situations . especially as i remember this bit of london / kent in the 70's when it seemed sleepy .

So recovery job here i come

Time for coffee , m
Old 04-03-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning

Mec your commute does sound like a good reason to change. Driving in London is a real joyless experience, I do it as little as possible. Fortunately I can commute on the

Just read about the world's oldest woman - Misao Okawa- dying aged 117! If my granddaughter lives that long she wI'll still be alive in 2129. Seems that there are still 3 people alive born in 19th century
Old 04-03-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

well, made it to gym at 10 after 4. Been a while since I was there that early. Had a grapefruit for breakfast when I got back.
Today is purge day. Time to get rid of a lot of useless paperwork and receipts.
taxes are done until next year... just gotta remember to float my losses from 2014 assuming I move and start doing it myself again...

good day everyone

funny saoutchik - when I was 17 I vowed to live another 100 years... so I planned to live until I was 117. If you younger folks are still around, I'll let you know... wonder what the internet will be like then - probably something you plug into the chip in your brain or just activate using a retinal scan or something...