Notices

Hop to it! Weekender Thread April 1 until....

Old 04-03-2015, 03:33 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

I love this:

Old 04-03-2015, 03:58 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

MORNING!!!

Last week of nursing my knee I think. Down stairs are great... Up not so much still. I need to get out an move. Plan on hiring a personal trainer when I do. Maybe for the month of may. They can be costly but worth it to learn all new routines for how to care for an elderly body.

Bills day! I do everything online so need to sign into all the sites and dish out tidbits here and there. I still have somethin left! Woo Hoo...

Hope everyone is well... I do have work to do today. Will try to keep up with everyone!

I am still carrying over the concepts of rejuvenation from last week. Its a personal thing for me. I am planning two things. A visit to a friends store up in Augusta to see how he is doing. A visit over to Tommy in his physical rehab. He has a pick-line... that's never usually a good sign... and stop to get some Himalayan salt for a salt bath at the Salt Cellar (look it up) in Portland. OK.. three things.

Talk soon team!

K
Old 04-03-2015, 03:58 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Good morning gang...up and et 'me. You guys are an entertaining lot. Catching up on the banter over a cup of coffee is a nice start to the day.

I had about five or six different gas stations between which I alternated my beer purchases. If I was making a purchase before 7:00am I would usually make some comment to the cashier about how it was for when I was grilling later that day (and hope she didn't notice my hands shaking when I paid). One store I used was in the adjacent town and apparently doesn't sell beer before 11. I was in line one morning and the cashier announced rather loudly to me that they don't sell beer in the mornings. Still makes me blush to think about it! It was humiliating....so I promptly drove about two miles over and bought in another location. Good heavens how I don't miss that loathsome feeling I got from behaving in such a way!

Time for another cup of coffee and then gym time for me....have a great day gang.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:10 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

.......cringe stuff, fromadistance.

My worse was hitting early the 24 hour convenience store that also did craft beer and wines. The 'trick' was to grab a birthday card first.

Then go for the booze.

Of course....it's a last minute present for his mate!
Old 04-03-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

LOL... In Portland I went to a fisherman's bar on the water. Big plate glass windows. I sat there and drank with a pool stick in hand and tapping to the jukebox. This was at 8am. Rocks glass and beer sitting on the table for when the good people of the world walked by. They looked at me... looked up at the sign to see what kind of place it was... then kept walking. When big ships were in town all the shiny people with anchors on their shirts could see the Portland scenery...
Old 04-03-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

I have a good friend who lives in Augusta get husband is a chiropractor so if you ever need one let me know. Hope Tommy is well today.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good Morning Sobersaurs!

I have not had time to read through the thread, but it seems to be hopping.

Anecdote from the tax office last night:
A couple in their early twenties walked in to file their first married return. He was a skinny plumber dude in blue jeans and a t-shirt, mostly unremarkable. She was a blonde stunner, quite remarkable. They were both talkative and interested in taxes. They had just bought a house and were interested in additional tax deductions for which they might qualify. I mentioned that if the plumber's employer required him to have tools for which he wasn't reimbursed he could deduct those from his taxes. This concept intrigued Blondie who asked, "If I go back to modeling lingerie can I deduct my gym membership and tanning salon fees?"

Taxes, Nons, Taxes! She's asking about taxes! Focus!

Happy Friday Y'all!
Old 04-03-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Ok.

G'nite all. Wishinya a good and sober day today.

I'm off to get some zeds and then wake up to day 4.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Good morning, all!

Mec, thanks for asking. Early days, but so far so good. Will be checking SR throughout the weekend.

Money in pocket, lots of free time, can "afford" to be hungover? Too bad -- alcohol is bad for my health and has no real benefit. I just don't do that any more.

Somewhere I read a two-step program I like (maybe LBrain's?), something like:
1. Alcohol is no good for me.
2. Therefore I don't drink.

LBrain, regarding the Crimea thing, not sure I should mention this, but I think your wife might be a secret agent.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

nons, the proper response would have been, "I'll have to see some of the work before I can advise you on that."

Well it's off to wally world to get '********' photos made. And of course a money order. And yes, we take American cash also.

rest easy canguy - day 4 is hours away

whoa! I just saw your post Solarion. It might sound funny, but it's nothing to even joke about. Not here, not anywhere.

Last edited by LBrain; 04-03-2015 at 04:52 AM. Reason: bad joke
Old 04-03-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Lol sometimes I think Brain is!
Old 04-03-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

ho boy, all this silly talk

my fault for sharing
Old 04-03-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Sorry about that, LBrain! I reported my post and asked if a Mod could delete that last line.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Good morning! Everyone up and buzzing about. I slept in because my mother in law supposed to be coming to watch kids. Their spring break starts today and I don't have to prepare them for school.

BigS, I watched Mr. Bourdain's alcohol consumption thinking the same thing. It used to bother me when I first quit so I didn't watch anymore. Last night I was flipping channels. Wasn't so bad this time. I find him highly entertaining. The things he says.

Saoutchik, when you said "3 Mills Island" I did a double take, thinking "3 Mile Island" site of nuclear accident. Not the same, thankfully.

Non, that is funny.

Strat, I'm glad Mr. Strat has returned safe and sound. Egg salad on hot dogs? I'm not getting past the visual. Perhaps I'd take a tiny bite and see.

For now I have to get myself ready for work. At least no scrambling this morning.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
I have had a headache the past few days, I usually get them when the weather changes. We've had fog/haze recently and an uptick in temps after several months of bone dry weather and I think that's the cause. The girlfriend is coming tomorrow for the weekend. Maybe that's part of my headache too! Honestly she's been nothing but sweet and nice, but I am feeling the need for a break. I need some alone time, but not here in my house; somewhere "out there". Well, off to bed, g'night guys.
Big, I am sure you are absolutely right about the weather changes and your headache. I heard a story on the radio a few weeks ago about how the high and low pressure....the kind they talk about on the weather report....not only affects the tides and such, but can also cause moderate to severe headaches in people. It is kind of a relief to me to know this, as I am a frequent headache sufferer. Wish I knew the source, it was a very interesting story.

And speaking of weathermen, they are telling me this morning that there is a total eclipse of the moon tomorrow morning early. I shall make every effort to check it out.

Good morning Sober Enders!!!
Happy Friday!
Old 04-03-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Anecdote from the tax office last night:
A couple in their early twenties walked in to file their first married return. He was a skinny plumber dude in blue jeans and a t-shirt, mostly unremarkable. She was a blonde stunner, quite remarkable. They were both talkative and interested in taxes. They had just bought a house and were interested in additional tax deductions for which they might qualify. I mentioned that if the plumber's employer required him to have tools for which he wasn't reimbursed he could deduct those from his taxes. This concept intrigued Blondie who asked, "If I go back to modeling lingerie can I deduct my gym membership and tanning salon fees?"

Taxes, Nons, Taxes! She's asking about taxes! Focus!
Yeah yeah... now back to his... tools... can he deduct?
Old 04-03-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Morning all, yesterday i finally got my debt card. So this first thing i did was get netflix again. Whew since my sister is an anti tv freak i can now watch tv shows again. So that's all I've been doing pretty much.
My sister took off to spend some time with her friends the next town over so I'm all by myseeeeeeellllllllllllffffffffff. lol Ok enough gibber gabber back to netflix i go
Old 04-03-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fromadistance View Post

I had about five or six different gas stations between which I alternated my beer purchases. If I was making a purchase before 7:00am I would usually make some comment to the cashier about how it was for when I was grilling later that day (and hope she didn't notice my hands shaking when I paid). One store I used was in the adjacent town and apparently doesn't sell beer before 11. I was in line one morning and the cashier announced rather loudly to me that they don't sell beer in the mornings. Still makes me blush to think about it! It was humiliating....so I promptly drove about two miles over and bought in another location. Good heavens how I don't miss that loathsome feeling I got from behaving in such a way!
FAD...I did the same thing when drinking. I'd switch up convenient stores all of the time to buy alcohol. The time to buy alcohol here is 7AM too and I would be at the store exactly at 7. I am a sports nut so I would always tell the cashier I was having people over to watch the game when in reality the case of beer was all for me to drink. I am so glad that I don't have to live that way anymore. Have a good day everyone!
Old 04-03-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Morning Olive! Yes, I have noticed this for the past few years - sometimes when I drive to the warm, humid coast from up here in the mountains I get a furious headache. It's unpredictable but I always pack aspirin when traveling these days and it usually comes in handy. It's definitely "a real thing" and several people have issues. I never used to have problems in the past, but then again I didn't used to drive from 1500 meters above sea level to the ocean in 2.5 hours in the past, either.

Easter parades were starting in town at 6am this morning! I heard a live brass band, playing somber tunes, as the parade went down my street. There should be several more today, this was just the tip of the iceberg. Here's a picture from yesterday. I was just walking to the grocery store when this happened...very typical of the entire town for this whole month:

Old 04-03-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey 2 wheel ,
whatever gets you through sober is cool as long as your not accruing debts

I bought an x-box and it was a great help in some of those long early nights and evenings when i didn't know quite what to do with myself .
Over the last 3 years it's cost me far less than drinking ..

m