Notices

Hop to it! Weekender Thread April 1 until....

Old 04-05-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
weasal, "chocolat"!

Do i have to post depp again?

yes!!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Foxcatcher.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Happy Easter! Back from church at my parents for some family bonding/Easter egg hunt. Son firing his nerf gun from the Easter bunny. Ok, so it's a fail on the liturgical front. As he's shooting at my chair.

Thank you for digital hugs Ken! This whole thread makes me smile today.

Canguy, I'm so glad you did five! That's terrific! Keep going. It's so hard at first and I know that struggle but it is so worth it to not live in fear and dread and the sick and tired.

Keep posting and asking for support, laughs, every little bit helps.

I didn't get on earlier because I was doing a jigsaw puzzle with my daughter that was in her basket. Fun.

Brain, I laughed at the bread tie comment. I think my world might end if I witness such an event. I save the ties and plastic thingys because people seem to lose them and never close the bread. I believe in being prepared.

I think a manicure and massage are on the menu for next week. Thanks Weas! I'll work on doing that.

Little Miss said to me this morning "call me Ruby, mommy". No idea where on earth she got that from. Out of the blue she wants to be ruby "because she likes red".
Old 04-05-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

um. or yum. or something. I think there is some mandolin in there. Great movie. You can watch it on YouTube, (the whole movie) but I didn't want to link it here...dunno if that's legit.

I have always put chili powder in my hot chocolate since that movie. Things you learn here in W-Enders.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Ruby2- i think a massage and an afternoon matinee is on my schedule for this week. That sounds like a plan.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:30 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Happy Easter morning (still morning over here). Going to make finger sandwiches, 4 varieties of deviled eggs (bacon, rooster sauce, leek and dill, pepper/smoked paprika). Gotta keep busy...

AV is quiet today. Neighbor is bringing beers over. I told her that I cannot drink with my new medication, which is true, but I would have done it anyway in the past.

I had another nightmare about drinking. I was glad to wake up, sober and untainted.

Mesa Man, I have one of those lazy dogs, too. She is nice to hang around with; she's mellow and full of good vibes. Right now she has a doll in her mouth and wants to play fetch...she is a a single-minded labrador.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post
she is a a single-minded labrador.
My labrador is a single-minded dog, but no where mellow.
AV is quiet too for now.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi Sis B

Mesa your limerick was fantastic, very droll

Bimini I saw Mortdecai a couple of weeks ago, should have been good with JD and Gwynth but was so so (at best)

BigS that photo of Judas I

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be Ruby, Ruby

Excellent BBQ, sun shone good company and no cravings. Slight embarrassment when someone reminded me of a BBQ I went to last summer (I was tight as a stuffed owl) That was the old me
Old 04-05-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

The movie is Nebraska.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:52 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Good choice
Old 04-05-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!! Stopping in to say hello
Old 04-05-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Sisterbobby, an excellent idea. I'll have to seriously look into it. Have to get a sitter.

Hi Tennantsmith! How are you doing? Quiet time on the thread right now.

Pouncer, glad the AV is quieting down. You're doing well. Glad it was just a dream.

Hanging outside at my parent's watching the kids run around. We'll be leaving soon. I've got chores to do before going back to work tomorrow. Folding laundry. Picking up. Figuring what's for lunch. My son and I read at night before bed every night. We finished our last book two days ago so I think I'll check out my books from childhood while here.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Slight embarrassment when someone reminded me of a BBQ I went to last summer (I was tight as a stuffed owl) That was the old me
I went to party a few weeks ago, the host greeted me with a glass of wine. Was disappointed that i refused, she needed someone to drink more than her. Told her that I don't drink that much anymore, getting too old. Majority of the party agreed and that was it.
However, the host, after her second glass of wine did reminisce the good old days with a slight more emphasis on my drinking. All I did was shrugged my shoulders and totally played it down and said, "those were the good old days."

Later that night she got on facebook which she shouldn't have done. She is a dear friend.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

.....thanks Ruby. You thoughts appreciated a lot.

Day 6 dawning here. Waking from first night's good, unbroken sleep in weeks. Feel so much better.

Have been eating a lot of dark chocolate.....

So far, so good. Thanks to you all and all the best for the day.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Ruby, thank you. Yes, I'm a big fan.

I've decided to take the leap and train for a half marathon. I was training for one a few years back and had to stop due to an injury. Running and lifting are very therapeutic for me and I think having a concrete goal that can be worked on daily is good for me.

And dark chocolate is ahhhhh-mazing!
Old 04-05-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Now listening to the Songs of 'The Hit Parade ~ 1954'. Man, major Kiddie Flashbacks. We were too young to remember all the Whistlers in the 'Bridge On The River Kwai' Theme Song, but these Tunes sho got Airplay in our post-WW II Houses.

Away to the Dog Park soon in fine Weather while Crock Pot Ribs simmering for Dinner pleasantly odorize the Joint. Got some nifty Window Shades installed today. They fit just inside the Window Frames. Very minimalist. 1 Retirement House Chore down to finish off the Master Bedroom. A bazillion Chores to go...

Here's a Country-oriented Tune for LBrain. May he not get picked up for silently taking out some Cig Butt Tosser with a Razor-sharp Arrow.

'While The Getting's Good; ~ Mountain Heart ~ Live At The Grand Old Opry

-
Old 04-05-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Long shadow time here... Took a stroll by the airport... The road nearby runs adjacent... Watched a few planes take off and land. I can hear one now!

Ham in the tummy... Ditched Nebraska... Got bored. Not really in the mood.

Ice cream and relaxing. Sun setting and shining in on me in my chair. I think I need sunglasses to watch tv.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday Sober Enders!!!
Watching a marathon of MadMen before the first episode of the last season starts. It has been a little bit of a lazy day here.

I did try the google map pacman on my street. That was fun!

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 04-05-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

I am never going too eat again. Unless it's dark chocolate.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Court jester

2 Monster drinks this afternoon. I blame Weasel.