Notices

Hop to it! Weekender Thread April 1 until....

Old 04-06-2015, 01:47 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
Hey Weasel.....on the recommendation of a friend I went to Walgreens and got a knee brace....it fee so good on my sore knee!! The support really makes it feel better. I plan to wear it everyday.
HaF... I picked up on sale a copper wear brand knee brace. I wear it everyday now. This weekend I was able to get up and down stairs with no pain. I am thinking one more week and back at some low impact exercising!

Glad you found something that helps!

I think I could have written that FaD post. I am not a small talk kinda guy. Hello... good bye... silence in-between. LOL. I am practicing at work. I have more to say here then in most other places. Although have have mastered the smart ass one liners.

Happy Sober Monday!!! Work for me... up early to get in and get moving!
Old 04-06-2015, 02:16 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Morning all. Happy Monday!
Old 04-06-2015, 02:52 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey hey hey ,
THe UK bank holiday special carries on , more room ontop !

Nice sunny blue skies here today Mex m8 is out doing car booting in the car …

More packing going on here , pack clean , clean and pack .

Later , m
Old 04-06-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Happy Easter Monday from (very) sunny Devon to you all! Green, softly rolling hills, framed in glorious blue sky. Wish I could photo it for you, but you really need to be here to 'smell' the day's fragrance. Have had to wade through an awfully heavy emotional weekend...but hopefully moving out of some of it...just as well as I'm due to go on a residential training weekend from tomorrow eve for 7/8 days with the university here (I'm teaching...)

Right now, I'm waiting on some delicious pancakes coming with fruit and Greek yogurt...then, will head home to see some private clients - yip, even on a bank hols! It's so lovely to 'join in' here even when i can only manage just reading. Grateful...x
Old 04-06-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Bank holiday sounds lovely. I could have done with another day off. But, no.

Weasel, it's good that your brace is giving relief. Nothing more annoying than knee issues.

Mec, what's your timetable for moving? That will certainly keep you busy.

I could have used an extra day off. But, no such luck. Time to get little people up an out and me to work. Kids aren't happy they aren't to be home and doing nothing on their spring break. Welcome to the harsh reality of life. At least they will be doing something different. Roller skating today. Movie tomorrow. Wednesday and Thursday it's grandmas where they can lay around.

Time to get ready. See you all later.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Littlebear, thank you for a great description of the day. I don't need a picture to see with my eyes, you've provided one with words. Have a lovely day.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

I heard the funniest thing yesterday. This conversation actually took place. There were five wine drinkers sitting at the dinner table. One 1.5l bottle was opened. Harry's mom asked if he thought it would be okay for her to have a second glass of wine because she was driving later. Half of her first glass was still present. The discussion turned into how much one could drink in an hour and still be considered "okay" to drive. They were actually debating whether or not to have a second glass of wine.
Then my seestor said she was at a place and the bartender told her she was not allowed to serve her another drink because she already had two. She said she was staying in the hotel across the street and was walking. She said the bartender said, "In that case you can drink as much as you want."

I found it fascinating that five people having wine with dinner barely finished that one bottle. If I was still drinking, they would have opened another double bottle.

Have a great week everyone.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Yes, one bottle between 5 people?! Madness! I would've been sitting there anxious and antsy, hopping in my seat, that I get MY share. Making sure I got enough and that one bottle was surely never enough.

May not be a bank holiday here but it is spring break for many so I flew into work on the highway. Usually I take sidestreets as it's generally faster. I have to plan a vacation and it doesn't look to be until August given our staffing issues. Bummer. I want time off now.

So, at work. Let's see what madness and insanity awaits.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Happy Easter everyone!!

I was away for the weekend, so haven't been about much, the final of our local ice hockey league ended yesterday, that's it done and dusted for another year, though as it ends the Stanley Cup looms, every cloud has a silver lining as they say!!

Have a few more days off work for Easter, so going to take it easy and have some relaxation time, I'm back home, mug of tea beside me and catching up on SR threads!!

Let's keep it Sober!!
Old 04-06-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

-

Devon In Pictures ~ BBC.com

-
Old 04-06-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Thanks MM for the scenery.

Doing crossword at lunch. Clue: Journeys from bar to bar. Answer: pub crawls. I always seem to get all the alcohol related answers correct. One benefit of being a sober alcoholic.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:25 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Happy Monday to you too, Della!
I got a chuckle over the one bottle of wine for 5 people. It would have driven me out of my mind if I had been part of that. But....hello. ..that IS how most people drink. ...but definitely not me, never.
I hope you can get some time off, Ruby. I'm taking a week next month and can hardly wait. Haven't really had a vacation in years. ..another perk of sobriety.
Ok...I'd but enter get moving, although a nap sounds great.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Shame you had to go to work Ruby. Maybe you'll get some more material for your book - surely its time that guy was arrested for the 227th time

Weather here not quite as good as I was hoping but it will do. 7:15pm here and still nice and light.

Wishing I had more time off
Old 04-06-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Thanks Saoutchik. The guy with the zillion arrests actually showed up. Late, but he showed up. So he doesn't have another hatch mark on the tallies of his 101 times that he failed to show up previously. Some of us have never been arrested. Some may have been arrested. Some of us have been arrested so many times that they haven't shown up on 101 occasions. It really does put things into perspective.

I think we all with we had more time off. Are you going on vacation HaF, or just taking days? Either way, it won't be at work.

I'm ready to get out of here. Weather got colder. Mr. Ruby texted that he is going out of town again for work on Wednesday. I'm okay with that. Kids went skating with the child care place today. I'm hoping that they are still talking to me when I pick them up. Son was NOT keen on skating. Daughter was crying, again, that she didn't want to go.

Who has had a six year old daughter? Do they ALWAYS cry? I don't remember crying that much when I was that age. It's always something. I hope she grows out of it.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Yes they cry for many many years my daughter is 20 and still hasn't outgrown it. Never fear though you learn to ignore it.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:33 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Ha Ha that was funny Ruby. Maybe he really likes Courts
Old 04-06-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Hey weekenders!

Busy, busy weekend spending time with family and friends. Lots of occasions around others who were drinking and social situations that I usually manage drunk, but got through them all with soft drinks instead. I felt more of a desire to escape than drink, but those feelings were mostly temporary.

Very sunny day today, spent it on the beach! My head and face is burnt.

Just relaxing now. No hangover, no fear, no regret, and no desire for a "hair of the dog". May the summer bring many more days like this.

I hope everyone is keeping well.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

hello Ruby ,
thanks for asking , no timetable yet . No contract yet other than a verbal offer accepted .
I might have another interview for another job lined up for friday just outside of Falkirk in Scotland .
I'm not sure which job i'd rather then … i am feeling the pull of Blackpool with the beach and all … as mex-m8 said earlier ,remember the job doesn't have to be forever … Mr perfectionist here wants to be superman all things to all people ..

I think i've convinced myself Blackpool and the towns around it will be a good environment for trying to be fitter like you guys , K especially has done wonders this year .. so i'm inspired and would like to sort out that bit of my outta-control-ness ..

Hope people survived monday ?

New day tomorrow , new hope

m
Old 04-07-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Pg 3? Pfft.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Mec, that sounds like a nice leisurely way to get ready. Slow and steady and I imagine somewhat contemplative. Falkirk or Blackpool. The beach sounds appealing and mex-m8 is right that it isn't forever. My son and I are reading "Kidnapped" by Stevenson. Trying to get my ear around the burr.

Behan, I'm glad you're red faced only from the time at the beach and none other. It sounds like you had a great time. Awesome!

Saoutchik, no craziness to report yet for the day. Dreary misty cold grey day today.

Della, I'm going to buy ear plugs. Did you cry that much when you were a kid? I honestly don't think I did.

I'll be around the thread today.