Notices

Hop to it! Weekender Thread April 1 until....

Old 04-04-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

it's half time, Wisconsin is up by a point. Let's hope that Kentucky doesn't have the same 8th man that Duke has. Hint - he wears stripes.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:06 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

I just need to say something that I can't say where I really want to.
That is all.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

That's a lovely cake Tetra! And great story. Sounds like you are doing well.

Brain, I hate when people throw cigarette butts anywhere and I'm a smoker. I always put them in the trash. Who do people think is going To pick up after them? On my way back from dinner in Indiana tonight I'm rocketing down the interstate and I see first pinkish liquid in my headlights flying towards me, splashing on my windshield. Followed by a clear plastic cup which bounced up and along. Tossing a cup of alcohol out the window. Weaving around as he exited. Idiot. Oh, in Chicago the cops CAN impound cars for tossing trash out the window.

Dinner was good. We went to a park afterwards. My sister in law and I took a short walk in the woods. Nice.

Talking to Mr. Ruby. He got home this afternoon.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
I just need to say something that I can't say where I really want to.
That is all.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Della ~

Stretch the Language a bit, and get creative. As an example, one original Sentence I composed is: 'Fornicate thyself and the Equine on which you ingressed'.-)
-
Old 04-04-2015, 07:27 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hahaha!!! Writing that down! Thank you <3
Old 04-04-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Story.

Thursday night I had to call the police because a guy broke into the condo next to me. He told me his friend wasn't answering anyone's calls for a week and the police wouldn't do anything. I said, "Well you can't just break in, I'm calling the police." He said, "He's dead in there!!" I tried to talk him out of breaking in (from behind my closed door), but he had a crowbar before the police got there and broke the door.

The guy was dead. The guy has guns, is about 35 years old, has lived there for a year. I only talked to him one time on the day he moved in, but I did see him with a rifle in the parking lot. Quiet, no one knew him. I was afraid about the guns. I thought maybe he shot himself, and I didn't want to see any of that, so I stayed inside. I didn't know who this friend was and didn't know what was going on.

The police were here for six or seven hours, right outside my door - with the door of the deceased open - I could see in, I won't tell you. What I can piece together from hearing just about everything through my thin door is that he overdosed. You'd think the police wouldn't discuss everything right outside peoples' doors, but whatever. There were drugs and paraphernalia around the condo. His friend told the police that the guy had battled a heroin addiction for over a decade. Rehab, quit, start again. The father said they didn't find a note, and that he felt the son didn't mean to die. It's not for sure why he died, it takes weeks for an official report, and I'll never know any more than I do now - the story is important enough just as it is.

So sad. Pretty disturbing, too. His condo and mine share walls. Pretty shocking. Today the family was here and I think got everything cleared out. What a waste of a young life. The guy was working for most of the last year and paying rent. He just couldn't stick with sobriety. Now he finally has a sober date.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hint "he's wearing stripes?" a prisoner?

Weasel, I hope Tommy continues to improve. Pneumonia is a tough one. Sounds like he's in good hands. And has good, loving friends. That goes a long way towards keeping up ones spirits.

To any of us who still think we can "hide" when we've been drinking and no one will ever know. Fooling ourselves. Mr. Ruby says he's very tired which is why he's sounding like he's been drinking. No. When he's been drinking he always ends his sentences with "ya know what I mean?". He doesn't know he does it but I do. Sad, really.

I'm taking the kids to church and then to my parents for an easter egg hunt afterwards. My dad wasn't feeling well this morning so my parents didn't go to the wedding they'd been invited to. So, my day now has plans where before it didn't.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

So sad. Alcohol scared the hell out of me but the heroin is an epidemic and you never know what they are lacing it with anymore. So many young kids in my groups hooked on it breaks my heart they have their whole lives ahead of them.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

I was just going to mention that I saw a hilarious comedy troupe in DC tonight, but this hardly seems like the time...that's what you get when you're only on for a little while a day.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Ding ding Ruby give the girl a prize. I think I used to do the"you know what I mean thing"
Old 04-04-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

I like comedy Gilmer!
Old 04-04-2015, 07:48 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Go ahead, Gilmer. Yesterday I was all sensitive, today I'm lots better.

The story just needed to be told on SR - somewhere. I had to get it out.

I talked to Courage on the phone yesterday - I needed a sober ear to hear me. It was tough. I think the six hours of cops was the worst part. They took him out at 3AM, so I didn't get much sleep. I know, that sounds trivial - but it was really stressful not knowing what had happened. I didn't know if he was murdered or suicide or what. It affected me.

I'm better now Lots of prayer, acceptance, saged the house, encouraged his soul to move to the other side. You know.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:48 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Mr. Ruby says he's very tired which is why he's sounding like he's been drinking. No. When he's been drinking he always ends his sentences with "ya know what I mean?". He doesn't know he does it but I do. Sad, really.
I always said "I'm just tired" to mask my drinking when someone asked. Always. I never even say "I'm just tired" when I really am just tired.

Looking back, it may have been a stand-in for, "Of course I've been drinking! And I don't want to talk about it!"

Clever, I am.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

It was The Tenderloins, more commonly known as the "Impractical Jokers." The show was hilarious--they were even funnier and more engaging live than they are on TV--but I was shocked at how filthy their "other" humor was! It certainly worked, though!

At certain points I was just screaming laughing! I'd been having a depressed kind of month, and this was a great tonic.

Only snag: my son lost his wallet on the Metro. We've already cancelled his dad's credit card that he was carrying, and we'll go first thing Monday morning to get him a new driver's license.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Tetra...your crepe looked so good this morning and now I see this banoffe pie! Oh my goodness, I need some of that. I think I'll make banana pancakes for Easter breakfast.
Della....what was it you wanted to say?
Ruby...I love the "ya know what I mean? " telltale sign. There usually is an obvious giveaway that the drinker has no clue about. . No fooling you!
Well, lazy night going on here. I tired myself all out today having fun in my volunteer work. Such a tough life. I'm content and will be asleep soon.
See you all in the morning -Yay for Easter morning with no hangover!
Old 04-04-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Yay HaF, sober night following volunteer work. That's great.

Bimini, how sad and awful. Stark. It does affect you because you just don't know and it's right next door. And cops talk. I think they have to. You live next door to it but this isn't probably the first or only death call those officers respond to. It's a tough job.

It is so sad at AA meetings when I see the people who identify as heroin addicts. Same with the people I met in treatment. Babies, though they wouldn't think that.

Gilmer, I'm glad you had a laugh or two or three. Tonic for the soul. That sounds like a lot of fun!

I think we could all use a little pick me up. Maybe why the sometimes silliness on this thread is so valuable.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:19 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Endgame, that was my line too "I'm just tired." Especially when I was suffering through a work day, counting the minutes til I could go home. I am so glad that those days are over. And I must never forget how terrible it was. For so many years! Ugh.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Woo hooo Wisconsin!!!!!
Old 04-04-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Did they do it MLD? Awesome!