Notices

Your last day 1 - Weekender Thread Feb 20-22

Old 02-21-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BernieE View Post
A liittle blue and green:

After an internal discussion that almost ended badly, I have decided I will not drink this week just to prove that I can do it.

Stay warm.
So jealous!!

Does anyone else just want to cuddle SW's avatar like crazy?
Old 02-21-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Hugs all around for the wins posted here and for keeping me company for the last hour. It's been a busy cleaning day for me. I'm exhausted now but it feels so good to have it all done.
Now my little cousins will be here tonight to watch Ghostbusters and mess it all up. Lol! I made a lemon bundt cake using the last of some meyer lemons that I've been hanging on to. It can't be bad...super excited.
Sober life is so good, people. Thanks for keeping me on track.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

I am here! 142 days in today! Awesome! Loving my weekend! Hope everyone else's is going great!
Old 02-21-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Congratulations KTW! How exciting! Was it the weather you were risking life and limb on or the proposal

Kids are at separate grandparents. Daughter with MIL and son with his cousins at my parents'. I'm at home with Mr. Ruby. Trying to find something to watch on TV. Shouldn't be hard, right? Husband was watching some program about prohibition. Whatever floats your boat.

Kero, glad you came onboard this weekend and that you didn't slip out the back, jack. Stick with it.

I didn't do much of anything today. I swept. Cats taking turns sitting on my lap. It's nice to be popular.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Congrats KTW how exciting!
Old 02-21-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

good to see you buggirl - 142!
a couple of things going on here, I heard the hut tub making that tell tale whir - low water level. Been so cold it hasn't been used for weeks. but it has to stay running or else. so I had to hook up hose, clean up snow out back, clean off lid and add water for about 15 minutes - took water down to 95, so now I have a hose that I sure don't feel like draining,
the dishwasher decided to not run, I goofed with it and got it going, found out this particular model is notorious for this kinda thing - plus the handle issue,

wife wakes up and exclaims in excitement "minus five!" That's low 20's for us in usa. Yes, it warmed up. I thought of putting a fake log in the fire thing and sitting in the hot tub enjoying the falling snow -- she's out. gotta study. no fun here... maybe I'll just take a hot chocolate out and soak by myself...
I just heard the plow go by for the first time, I got hot Italian sausage in the pan - could be sammies with peppers and onions or could turn into pasta with red sauce

time to clean up snow in the front...
Old 02-21-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Yay Buggirl! That's great!
Bernie, nice view. I'm glad you are staying strong. We can go on vacation and not drink. Or so I tell myself since I haven't been away on vacation since getting sober.

Conquest, I love bundt cakes. Easy baking with impressive results. Yum. Have fun with the cousins. I can see you dozing off during the movie.

Husband trying to download app to block calls and texts on his phone.
I'm going to make a shopping list. I have to go tomorrow at some point. I also think I'm going to defrost a pork tenderloin.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:17 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

There is absolutely nothing better than sitting in a hot tub when it's snowy!
Old 02-21-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
well, not exactly cherokee there but...
Wow! Cool! That song came out the summer after my fifth grade year, and my friend and I used to crank it up and belt it out when we were sunbathing in my front yard!
Old 02-21-2015, 04:53 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Beautiful Day to be sober!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Golf 3.jpg (82.1 KB, 52 views)
Old 02-21-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

"Not being alone makes all the difference"

Hi! Grace, here! Checking in on my 6th sober weekend at 40 days sober!

I was sick of being sick and was so scared to face life without booze on day 1. After drinking for so many years, I simply can't believe my "one days" have added up to 40 days...

The support of SR has been a life saver (literally) for me.

Here's my post from the first day:

Grace.JPG
Old 02-21-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

alright Grace!

Old 02-21-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Way to go Grace and Buggirl!
Old 02-21-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Every day is a good day to be sober. I'm hanging out with Mr. Ruby and son. I washed the floors and made myself a nutritious dinner. Hummus on whole wheat pita, spinach, sliced cucumber, mushroom and a few kalamata olives. Son had frozen cheese pizza but did take a taste of hummus and not say "disgusting" so there's hope.

I've been trading texts with a friend whom I met in AA. She works at a local hospital emergency room and is worked last night and tonight. They've been super busy both nights with people coming in to detox. It's where I detoxed. I'm grateful I'm here on SR and not in a hospital. Let's keep those people in our thoughts and hope it's their last day one too.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Great post Ruby....we should never forget
Old 02-21-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Ruby, that dinner sounds great. And I am grateful also that I'm not in an er.
Way to go grace...keep adding those weekends up. It's so good to not be sick anymore from booze.
Beef, I agree, everyday is a good day to be sober. Weekends are so enjoyable now.
OK - I'm going to lay low again tomorrow so I can be ready for work Monday morning. I'm done with the antibiotics. ..only 3 days...I hope it worked.
See you all later -
Old 02-21-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Well, I texted my friend and it apparently isn't just the past two nights that have been busy with detoxes. It's every night she works. Sad, isn't it? And she did say at one point before that a lot of people are repeats. She has a lot of empathy, given that she's been there, done that.

I'm getting tired and plan to head to bed soon. AA meeting in the morning. The coffee crew. Babysitter coming so Mr. Ruby can go too.

See you all in the morning. I hope everyone is hanging in there.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by BeefLV99 View Post
Beautiful Day to be sober!
Nothing like a good tee view to make your day.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:59 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Husband trying to download app to block calls and texts on his phone.
AT&T has Smart Limits you can get for a few bucks a month. I have it and can block up to 30 numbers.It also sends an email that maybe can be sent to you to see his activity.

I blocked all my dealers and a few drinking buddies. Every now and then a dealer gets a new number (as they often do) and I get a jingle. I simply add the new number and have peace and quiet. No worries though they are states away from me. by design!

k
Old 02-21-2015, 11:50 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Earth Child

i did it i made it through my day 1