Notices

Your last day 1 - Weekender Thread Feb 20-22

Old 02-21-2015, 05:08 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Mornin' Weekenders!

I'm a little late to join. Sitting in an airport about to head home after a business trip; first one since I quit last Veteran's Day (That was MY day 1).

TODAY could have easily been my second Day 1. Last night was a dinner out with co-workers and the AV was sneaky and clever. It was a close call, but once I got my sparkling water, I was fine. Phew! Have to stay vigilant and not let the guard down at all. So instead of Day 1, it's day 101.

I'm looking forward to getting back into my regular routine.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

I'm officially on week of vacation from school/work and AV is chatting on but I smothered the voice with take out food and an early bed. In my old life I would have drank a lot as would have known I could give up a weekend feeling blah because I had the whole week off ahead of me. Instead today I'm going to go to an AA meeting, order a few more books with my gift certificate, buy a new vacuum cleaner, and probably take a nap at some point as I had terrible dreams last night and woke up often. When my life is in balance I have a peaceful sleep; when it isn't, the dreams return. Vermont might have a heat wave today as it is already 8 degrees; just a blessing to be above zero!
Old 02-21-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey y'all good to hear you all doing productive stuff ..

sometimes the AV used to try and sneak in after i'd worked hard .. like on the car or working a saturday by then creeping in and saying i deserved kicking back and relaxing ….
Sure i did deserve relaxing and kicking back so chocolate ice cream, long steamy shower, clean sheets and a good book were how i decided to reward myself ..

manage your expectations ,
m
Old 02-21-2015, 05:39 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Welcome all the new people...Hang tight and stick close! try to stay busy!

I remember my first day i was so nervous walking into the rooms. I drove around for 5 mins before i went in lol but i went in and i was so welcomed and Ive been coming ever since!! Yes it gets rocky but it gets so much better!!
Old 02-21-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

wow, the bus is moving early this morning!
Good to see you D.A. glad you signed in early.

Everyone else too. Good message NON. Say hello to the folks for me Trach, we'll have to step up the tunes while you're gone.

OLIVE! "It was amazing Brain!" I get that all the time from the wife. Well, most of the time. Okay, some times. Alright, "Can you just let me go back to sleep now."
Old 02-21-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

double post ...
the wife gets home and asks me my plans for the day... ???? Laundry, kitchen typical Saturday stuff. Why? Because we are stuck inside today. ???? Snow is starting in an hour followed by freezing rain. PuLease! That is all the more reason to go outside and drive around!

The recipient of the first MTV music award in the HEAVY METAL category.
Obviously they understood tv production but didn't have a clue about music.

A little out there, but a far cry from heavy metal. Ladies and Gentlemen, Jethro Tull!

Old 02-21-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Good morning!
Jerri...congratulations for making it through last night's close call.
Well I have no plans for today so I may just stay home again and make sure I'm over the bronchitis.
Hi dark asylum and tang! It's nice to see you here this morning -
Let's all flex those sober muscles and make sure we don't have to have another day 1!
Old 02-21-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Mex you bring up a good point about "relaxing" with a drink. Funny - how that AV likes to tell us that drinking helps us lead the easy life. Now that I think about it, there's nothing relaxing about most of my escapades while drunk. Getting into arguments, falling down, stumbling from place to place, gambling, going broke and quitting my job...these events led to untold stressors that were exactly the opposite of relaxing!

The absolute best way to relax is to decompress in a sober mind-state. Sitting in a hammock, feeling the warm breeze, listening to the surf and letting your body naturally drift off WITHOUT drugs or alcohol in your system is fantastic. I am hoping to do just that next weekend, but in the meantime this weekend is just underway!

I moved around some furniture this week, swapped my upstairs couch and my downstairs couch. Today the girlfriend is coming over and we have no plans at this point. I would imagine there will be plenty of time to relax on the terrace and chill out. I reckon we'll hit the plant nursery as I've been itching to pick up a new addition to my rooftop garden. Did some laundry this morning, it's currently drying on the clothes line in the fresh mountain air. Nice and sunny today and I'm already in my shorts and t-shirt.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

What, Me Hurry?

A lil U.K. slant to this Post, with the Song Title below summing up what condition my condition is in.

High Clouds here now, with a significant Winter Storm moving in over the Mountains. Some Snow here, too, but nuffin like the N.E.. Just some necessary augmentation of our lagging Snowpack/Water Supply.

We went off one Scotland Trip to find the 'Weekend' House for Tull's Founder Ian Anderson. He'd given all sorts of clues on the back of an Album I saw in a German Record Store; part of a Geocaching-type Contest. The House was on ~25,000 stunning Acres, and he gave it away to the John Muir Society. Workaholic that he is, he rarely got up to it. We did have his 'Strathaird Salmon'; 'farmed' right there in the Bay adjacent. My Pix are at another House, so this Pic snagged off of Google Earth will have to do.

Not all that much planned today. Perhaps some inside Work on our Guest Cabin/Gym/Shop/Garage Complex that I've been wiring at a leisurely pace. I save such Tasks for marginal Weather days. Sobriety helps in planning doing nothing. And, in planning doing something.-)

Maybe one of my famous 'Clear The Fridge' Breakfast Burritos later...

'Alive & Kicking' ~ Simple Minds

-----
Old 02-21-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Earth Child

i have been out got shopping with my husband poor birthday boy has a sore shoulder so he socking in the bath and he took some painkillers
hopefully that helps
just having a coffee gingerbread flavor so nice listening to some dance music stuff that happy
Old 02-21-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Morning, all!
Day 2 here...I have never ever in my 7-ish years of trying to get sober tried a day 1 on a Friday. This is a great new start.

Clouds here in the Four Corners, we may get some snow/rain today, the rest of Colorado is going to get snow! Planning on self care and working on packing/clearing out unused stuff for donation. in about 2 weeks, I'll be relocating to a new state/town.

Maybe an AA meeting. Still not sure about it. We'll see. Definitely some delicious food to satisfy any cravings!
Happy Saturday!
Old 02-21-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Your wife calls you Brain, Brain? I think that is amazing!!!
Good morning Enders!
Happy Saturday!
My seeds arrived yesterday, so according to the package directions I will be planting some today.
But first some coffee!
Be well!
Old 02-21-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

lilac, I still get po'd every time I hear 4 corners mentioned.
We was on our way from Page to Mesa Verde - detour through monument valley - and we was 20 minutes from 4 corners monument. I wanted to go but I got voted out - this was during my drinking times so instead of being reasonable, I just got angry and sped off to Mesa Verde just in time for everything to be CLOSED for the evening. It's silly but it's still on my list of unnecessary things to do.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Jerri, good job getting through and congrats on day 101.

I'm sitting at gymnastics while daughter pops around. Son is staring at the vending machine, willing a chocolate bar to fall into his hands.

Lilac, good work getting through day one. Your nention of quitting on a friday got me thinking. Really, Any day of the week is the same as the other. It is only that we are conditioned over a lifetime to think of the weekend as something special and magical. It's a day just like any other. Farmers don't get Fridays or weekends off if they keep livestock.

I don't know what the day holds. Mr. Ruby tells me today that his car needs fixing. The garage I use is not open on weekends. He's not been working all week so it could have gone to the garage any time in the past five days. He needs it Monday because he's starting his new job. I'm sure he would have waited until Sunday to tell me and then expected to use my car which isn't happening.

BigS go for the plants. Send pics. Some of us haven't seen green in the outdoors in too long.

Batten down the hatches whomever is expecting snow. And ice. Just cold here. Til later all
Old 02-21-2015, 07:42 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Checking in this morning. Like Non and several others brought up, up we associate different things with drinking. For me, weather has always been a trigger. If it was cold outside, grey, wet, hot or severe weather, I wanted a drink. Last night was no exception. We were under a severe winter storm warning. Even though I had cravings, I did not act on them and let it pass.

Olive-did you get your hugh mongous seeds?

Jerri-congrats on the triple digits and not giving in!

Weasel-I am glad you enjoyed the teased Weasel. I thought it was hilarious when it popped up on the weekender's thread awhile back

Lilac, dark asylum and other newcomers-welcome!
Old 02-21-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

good to see you posting DA, dancing music...
here you go...

Old 02-21-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

I adore the teased weasel!
Old 02-21-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

I don't have a plan

I do have coffee, a furry lap-throw and a big black cat, though.

It's sunny...something will come up.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey everyone!

Lilac... It would be awesome to know you spent your last day 1 with us! Keep moving through it. There really is another side to this. I did a lot of looking around before I saw the difference but sober my eye needed to refocus and I do see life differently now.

Be safe everyone in the storms path. We are going to escape it here in Maine. Well it will snow only an inch or so and we will have some rain. Only to deep freeze again for Monday. But by comparison this should be nothing for us.

I have been doing so good on my diet. Then I went and lost it with a meatball parm sandwich. I feel like I could have tried harder. But I need to go easy on myself.

I have nothing to do today. Lay lazily with the cats. Watch tv and read.

K
Old 02-21-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

I'm still on the bus, although I had a hand on the emergency exit door for a while.

Still feel run down from day 1 earlier this week, so have to stay strong and power through it.