Notices

Your last day 1 - Weekender Thread Feb 20-22

Old 02-21-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

A lil Monument Valley Pic for LBrain.

Totally Bitchen Territory! I can understand why Movie Director John Ford was transfixed by the area. Ya stand around waiting for either John Wayne, or 'Wiley E. Coyote', to pop into view. The Innards of ancient Volcanoes.

'Wild Wild West' ~ The Escape Club

-----
Old 02-21-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Kero, keep it going. It gets easier. I'm coming up on one year and I feel like a completely different person.

There is always someone here. If anyone has urges that seem overwhelming, come to the site and write it all down. Someone else - a lot of someone elses - have been there.

Recovery for all!!
Old 02-21-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Interesting Mesa, we took a bunch of pics every where we went...

Just up the road from monument valley right after you cross the san juan is mexican hat,
or, THE BIG SOMBRERO! I had to pull in and take a mile walk when we past it. Yeah, my idea of having a camper and just going is getting more and more realistic an idea. I could spend a couple months alone in the 4 corners area. Plus I could live for a couple months on navajo reservoir in a house boat. America has so much to see. And most of it is free - gas money not included.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
BigS.JPG (54.8 KB, 83 views)
Old 02-21-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

I am happy I didn't drink last night, for all the emotions I had last night. Its going to be a better day today, and another day without drinking . Amen!!
Old 02-21-2015, 09:57 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Great job Jen!
Old 02-21-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Good morning friends. Just waking up in Alaska, the puppy - tenacious and loving - licking my face until there's just no point in even pretending I'm still sleeping. He still doesn't understand that weekends are for sleeping later!

I have to go to a planning meeting for a workshop I'm teaching next weekend. It feels like a chore. I like the other people on the team though, so WHY is it a "chore"? Because it is scheduled on Saturday morning? Because it is not play?

This is what I want to work on, in the coming months - I sign up to do something, a community service type thing, & then I reframe it as a chore or obligation. Why not enjoy it? Exercise for example - it can feel like a chore or it can feel like play - it is completely perspective!

This afternoon, I have agility with the pup, & tonight a woman from AA is coming over to sit by the fire & make crafts with me.

Windy and cold rain here. I'm jealous of big sombrero hanging his clothes to dry on the warm roof... See, that doesn't sound like a chore, but you could allow it to feel like one! Or you can be present for it & enjoy it.

I can hear a little mouse scurrying through the wood walls of my cabin.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Woof woof woof WOOF WOOOOOF!!!

Ahhhh! Awake!! I don't need to sleep neighborhood dogs. You go ahead and keep barking. My dog will join in just because... I don't know; it's a dog thing :/

Well, times to get up. Get coffee. Continue working

I saw some beautiful pictures of cliffs someone posted up. I was thinking maybe I will become an adrenaline junky instead of an alcoholic; trade in one dangerous hobby for another :P hahaha yah my girlfriend and mom would have a fit about that also. I told my gf the other day me and a couple friends want to start weekend backyard boxing to keep in fighting shape .... she was not having any of it hahaha. I was like: you never let me do anything!!!

Ughhh, yes yes woof woof back at you doggies..
Old 02-21-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Hey all soberenders!

Today was a sort of day of firsts. Went into town to meet an inveterate drinking buddy for lunch. Went really well. Visited a few friends, first I have seen them sober in a long time. Also met a friend for a drink. Trad music in the corner, most people working toward inebriation, I happily sipped on a soft drink.

Cold but sunny here today. Not sure what to do for the rest of the evening.

B
Old 02-21-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope everyone is having a good weekend mrs SW is watching the voice

This show is so set up its cringworthy
Old 02-21-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

The Voice is painful! ☺
Old 02-21-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

A liittle blue and green:

After an internal discussion that almost ended badly, I have decided I will not drink this week just to prove that I can do it.

Stay warm.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Hey Goes... I am a cat person... They never wake me up with all that meowing. And they never need walking. Just saying.....

Good work Behan!

Bernie... sounds like you made the decision and now just dont even have that volley in your head. Relax the rest of the week cuz the drinking thing is already off the table. Nice pic!

Heartcore... I love you posts!!!!

I took a nap... yes... a nap... then I also opened a few last remaining boxes of things in the closet from the past life. I plan on getting rid of them. No need for memories around. I only want to look forward.

No snow here but I hear New York is already in it.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Hey Enders! Enjoying a sober weekend. Just left lunch with another couple. They both had beer and I'm not going to lie my AV is screaming. Alcohol and AV are liars! made it thru and onto SR
Old 02-21-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Earth Child

went to an AA meeting today it was good and helpful
got my 24 hour chip

past trauma is getting to me keep having flashbacks this time of year is hard
all i feel like doing is crying i keep the tears in because i dont want to worry my husband he has also went through trauma and i dont want to trigger him

sorry
Old 02-21-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

hey all, been a little out of pocket, spent five days in the frozen tundra of NYC over Valentines weekend and can report I am now engaged, she said yes!!!!.

Just relaxing this weekend, catching up on a lot of things.

My last day 1 started with a massive hangover, the shakes and finally I called the 1-800 number for the rehab facility, I had been thinking about. Within 3 hours I was checked in , scared to death, not knowing what was next. Within another couple of hours was fast asleep from the detox meds and don't remember much for the next 3 days.

My last day 1 was absolutely one of the best days of my life.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Lbrain-I've been to Mesa Verde. The most recent was about a year and a half ago. It was ungodly hot out there in late June. I have attached a couple of my photos. I even included some mesas for mesaman.

[
Old 02-21-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS, KTW!

Buckets and buckets of heavy snow here in DC. At lunch we celebrated my oldest son's birthday. My husband risked life and limb to get him take-out Indian. Dishes have been piled up all around the kitchen. I have been chipping away at them all day. The first two dishwasher loads are now done, and now it's time to scrub the inevitable big pots and pans.

Can't wait to see how much snow we actually end up getting!
Old 02-21-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

congratulations ktw -- hope you're not going to do one of those las vegas weddings -

glad everyone is doing well this weekend. it's still snowing here, they didn't plow yet, so we must be in for much more snow, seems the plow crew knows when to start plowing, they wait until it stops or six inches whichever comes first. looking like 6"

neat pics of mesa verde, and yes, I climbed all of the ladders and squoze through the small openings, and the waiting for people to move - get out of the picture - was difficult, wife kept getting annoyed because I wouldn't take a photo with a bunch of tourists in the shot... so I was lagging behind the group a lot,

well, not exactly cherokee there but...
Old 02-21-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dark Asylum View Post
went to an AA meeting today it was good and helpful
got my 24 hour chip

past trauma is getting to me keep having flashbacks this time of year is hard
all i feel like doing is crying i keep the tears in because i dont want to worry my husband he has also went through trauma and i dont want to trigger him

sorry
Good work DA of getting out and connecting. I have about ten of the 24 hour chips. I had a LOT of day 1's. I dated each with a marker and I look at them from time to time.

Know you DON'T need to collect any more. Savor this one and remember that you CAN stay sober.

Trauma can be daunting to overcome but keep putting things in place. Glad you continue to post.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Congrats KTW!!!! Did you propose at the top of the Empire State? LOL Wish you a long and happy marriage.

Snow finally started here. No big deal. Maybe a few more on the pile.

My mood took a sharp turn down. But that happens to me on Saturdays all closed up inside. So early bed and early gym. Routine helps.

Night!