Notices

Your last day 1 - Weekender Thread Feb 20-22

Old 02-22-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

I love eggs with Red Hot.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Good morning, all. I am delighted to report that it is finally snowing (albeit very lightly) in Mesa Verde country. Quite beautiful.

Didn't have the courage to go to the one meeting in town yesterday...pulled into the parking lot and saw a man walking in who shamed me a couple years ago. I didn't want to face that.
Just relaxed and read and watched a movie at home after doing a few chores.
Today will be more of the same. Maybe venture out to go to the gym. Or just do some yoga here at home.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Checking in this morning. Nothing exciting planned for today, just school work and figuring out what to do with this ground beef in the refrigerator. I have been thinking about meatloaf, but used up all the potatoes for low cal baked potato soup. Meatloaf without mashed potatoes doesn't seem right. I found a lasagna soup, although I've been making lots of soups with all the cold.

2WT-I've missed you on the board this weekend and am happy to see you!! I am so sorry to hear of your cat's death and loss of your job. I hope FL is a better place for you.

Trach and Della-I love hot sauce on my eggs too. I like Frank's red hot and tabasco. I have never tried the green jalapeno tabasco.

Non-you're out of bacon? *looks around nervously expecting world to end*

Ruby-that is really unfortunate to hear about all the detoxes. Sometimes I wonder how one would go about fixing this.

Lilac-are you in Cortez?

Kero-how are you doing? You can do this!!
Old 02-22-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

I could eat soup every day of my life!
Old 02-22-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Found homemade ice cream served in a homemade waffle cone in town. Shared with mygrandson. Yum. And no temptation to imbibe, not even when I was handed a shot poured especially for me and reminded I used to be part of the 9 a.m. club. High test coke, ice cream, fresh fruit and tons of fresh guacamole are my drugs of choice this week.

Great to see everyone hanging in.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Wow! All the action.

I like the green tobasco better than the red.

Weasel, thank you. You were mind reading as to why the blocks. We have cricket but maybe they have a similar service.

2WT, I'm sorry about your kitty. That is sad. Then the job. It's great That you have the option to move to Florida and stay with your half sister. Take us with you and keep us posted. Each time one door closes another opens. New chapter, new beginning. Platitudes, maybe but I'm finding they are true.

Mec, are you thinking to do the walk in stages or go off for the entirety at once? An ambitious goal.

Della, you always sound so cheery. It's always good to see you.

Strat, I want some soup. I have shopping to do today.

I went to a meeting and now I'm off to church. Son and I. Mr. Ruby is still sleeping and little Miss is coming home later from my mother in Law's

Talk to you all later.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Afternoon everyone

Great work on 24 hours Dark Asylum

2Wheel, sorry to read about you cat and job. At least you won't have to clear any snow in Florida

That's a good point you make about Accident & Emergency Ruby - here in UK they stretched to the limit at this time of the year

Mec I like green tea - I get mine online from Teapigs, they cheaper than supermarkets/Holland & Barrett

My microwave packed up during the week - It was practicaly an antique from the Cold War era, I've just seen how much smaller the new ones are.

Hey Beef that fairway looks tight - i'd be keepin my wood safely in my bag

I learned to eat eggs with Tabasco in the States. Nice one!
Old 02-22-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strategery View Post
Lilac-are you in Cortez?
Indeed! Only for a few more weeks, then relocating to Ogden, UT.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the kind words. Its been rough to say the least. My plan is to ship my stuff ups to my sisters place. I will be traveling by bus since i won't fly. I'm only keeping my tools and one mountain bike plus my clothes. Everything else is being given away and donated to a local thrift shop.

So i ran out of boxes yesterday and one of my nieghbors brought me to the liquior store for more boxes. Seems kinda irionic an alcoholic packing his belongings in empty liquior boxes.

What is this madness about running out of bacon? I blame global warming for the lack of bacon.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Double post
Old 02-22-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

After reading all these posts I now want bacon, soup, eggs with Tabasco, homemade ice cream, and especially meatloaf with mashed potatoes. I think I will take a nap instead.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Saoutchik you are right, no shoveling snow in fl. Sadly i have to shovel today since it snowed yesterday , i have to get outside today. Its too quite inside, and I've got laundry that's needs to be done.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Red Hotz

Light Snow starting to come down on us in W. CO; the same White Stuff that lilac0721 is seeing. Temps in the 20s and 30s. Not bad, since it's generally dry 'round here.

Da Wife wanted to make Pancakes from scratch. So, I contributed my Guy Part, and got some Italian Snausages goin'. Our local Sunday Morning Radio starts about now. We call it 'The Swami Hour'. Soothing stuff, like Indian Chants, or Celtic material. Some Madrigal Choirs, too, which I really like. When I'm doin' absolutely nuffin, I like to ease into it.

Got the Errands done in Sun yesterday, since we knew we might get slammed over the next few days. Nuffin like the East Coast, though.

Here's the Webcam from around Boulder/Denver. They are getting slammed in this Arctic Air Event. Snow on warm Roads = Ice. Massive Traffic Jams yesterday. The Rockies blocked us from all that Canadian Air Guano.

Boulder Flatiron Webcam

Della1968 mentioned 'Red Hot' [love it], so here's a lil remake of that 1957 Hit. My Band pretty much did this same Schtick about the same years. Good fun in Honkee Tonks with Jitterbuggers. Hee hee, the Site Filters here blocked the usual spelling of the word 'Honkee'. My Scottish Caucasian-ness remains un-offended! Now, where'd I put my Sunscreen?

'Red Hot' ~ Robert Gordon ~ Link Wray

-----
Old 02-22-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Point taken LB... The creeps and I... we are no longer business associates. Thanks for the song.

Rough day for me. Sometimes feeling down is one thing but not feeling like I can move is another. I forced myself to get out and get some things. I am a freak for fresh produce. I love carrots, celery, lettuce, olives, cherry tomatoes... even raw potatoes are tasty. So I have a new stock of the freshest I can find. Rare I ever eat chips or pretzels or anything bagged like that. Never have.

So I am going to start a new series on Netflix as I wait for the House of Cards to start next week. Spartacus... seems to have some elements I could get into.

Great to see the successes this morning!!!

K
Old 02-22-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the congrats. To answer a couple of the questions

Proposal, not on top of the Empire State, although she really likes "An Affair to Remember"

Actual proposal was during a carriage ride in Central Park- it wasn't too big of a surprise as we had been talking about it for a few months.

Yes to an actual Las Vegas Wedding. Getting married at a National Park and their is a company in Vegas that does mobile, remote type weddings, they bring everything to you.

We decided to go the small inexpensive route as we are both divorced, planning a trip to England as a honeymoon in the fall and hopefully I will be seeing some English Soccer matches.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Weasel, I like raw taters, too. Have you ever tried raw turnips? They're awesome.

Ghostbusters night was a hit. The lemon cake is gone so I'm sad but proud. That recipe is a definite keeper. Home from church now, just reading through here and appreciating your posts. Y'all give me such great ideas!
Old 02-22-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Afternoon everyone

Great work on 24 hours Dark Asylum

2Wheel, sorry to read about you cat and job. At least you won't have to clear any snow in Florida

That's a good point you make about Accident & Emergency Ruby - here in UK they stretched to the limit at this time of the year

Mec I like green tea - I get mine online from Teapigs, they cheaper than supermarkets/Holland & Barrett

My microwave packed up during the week - It was practicaly an antique from the Cold War era, I've just seen how much smaller the new ones are.

Hey Beef that fairway looks tight - i'd be keepin my wood safely in my bag

I learned to eat eggs with Tabasco in the States. Nice one!
Old 02-22-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Lemon cake sounds great! I love orange cake as well.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Earth Child

oh forgot to post more today has been great i feel so supported by everyone
id like to thank you all for the last two days av had nothing but support
Old 02-22-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

I very nearly poisoned my family today! i was making Tandoori Chicken, which requires roasting spices in a pan. I turned my back to work on something else, and the spices burned. I have never inhaled anything so toxic! I was coughing and hacking, and my throat and lungs were burning. My kids wondered it it was mustard gas!

After I bit the bullet and roasted new spices, the recipe turned out great.

But I'm still coughing!