Dinner at Gilmer's...

Retro Pic

-----
Old 02-22-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

l - o - l !
Old 02-22-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

There is never a lack of food in this thread. Between meatloaf and orange cake now I'm starving. Oh i wonder if they still have orange donuts. Off to the store i go
Old 02-22-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Oh my!!! Maybe get some fresh air!
Old 02-22-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Lol Mesa!!!

I forgot all about orange donuts! Leery me know if they still exist.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Its Sunday and its another day. I learn something today how to control your anger.

Yes, anger is apart of my problem I snap real easy if I cant control things. I decided to look at it differently.

Don't control everything cause it will drive you insane

I learned to work on thinking before you speak, step back and express your concerns like you want to be treated.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

This thread is making me hungry. Gonna snack on cheese and crackers. Making some bone broth right now, which has the kitchen smelling great. Planning on chicken with artichoke sauce for dinner.
Naptime!
Old 02-22-2015, 11:24 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I very nearly poisoned my family today! i was making Tandoori Chicken
Gilmer-you made my mouth drop. For a second I thought you gave them salmonella poisoning or maybe even botulism somehow with canned goods. I'm glad everyone is all right with the fumes. My husband did something similar with trying to blacken salmon with creole seasoning a few years ago.

Lilac-Ogden UT sounds really nice. I've been in Cortez once and I just remember it being insanely hot and windy. It didn't help that I was sick as well.

Mec-I am not sure what kind of green tea you are doing (matcha?), but loose leaf green tea is pretty cheap at tea guys online. You can also buy a pound of matcha for $50 USD. If I was in the UK, I'd spend the summer hiking the Brecon Beacons.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Jen73 View Post
Its Sunday and its another day. I learn something today how to control your anger.

Yes, anger is apart of my problem I snap real easy if I cant control things. I decided to look at it differently.

Don't control everything cause it will drive you insane

I learned to work on thinking before you speak, step back and express your concerns like you want to be treated.
Great lesson right there! Good work Jen.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:53 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Spices in a hot pan ...

MyDad did that once with chili powder when my sister and I were very young. I don't remember the incident itself, but my Mom used to love to tell that story, and we'd all get a good laugh.

Thanks for sharing the story, Gilmer!
Old 02-22-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

I'm late but I just joined today.

I'm staying on here and watching netflix until 5 when I help my sister move.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Wink

"Whoopie!, Fresh Crabmeat!", said the octopus.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 02-22-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by younginrecovery View Post
I'm late but I just joined today.

I'm staying on here and watching netflix until 5 when I help my sister move.
Welcome to SR and the weekender thread Young!!!

Sounds like a plan. Is this your first weekend sober? How are you doing?
Old 02-22-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Gilmer asphyxiates her family, there's crabs coming out of the screen, and proper tea discussions. What more could one ask for?

Gilmer, I'm glad it turned out well. What an adventure for a Sunday though.

Weasel, your cart was filled with better stuff than mine. I looked down and thought that if the diet police came by and examined the contents, I'd be in hot water. More veg, less junk. Need to work on that. First things first. I know what was NOT in my shopping cart.

Baking chicken leg quarters. Bought ribs and will make those later. Cooking for the week. Mr. Ruby starts his new job tomorrow. We will see how that goes.

Still have errands to run. Just one.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Bad luck Gilmer, a common problem

There's always an interfering busybody about whenever one trys to poison one's family

Lunar, I think that Octopus was a tad optimistic. Crabs can handle themselves
Old 02-22-2015, 02:33 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

a lot of great stuff going on here today, that octopus catching the crab just took me out, gotta be one of the coolest things ever. I forgot everything else...

2wheel - I drove from long beach to PA many moons ago with nothing but tools and a ladder and my pick em up truck - highway 40 from LA to Knoxville then 81 up to pa... - I think I brought the ladder. no job, slept on my sister's couch for a few months, cable guy - yep, being a cable guy is like being a nurse, everywhere you go they need one. Do I have stories! Cable guy in Long Beach CA is one of the best jobs in the world for a young single guy. Cable guy in Philadelphia is motivation to find another career.

Zion sounds like a good place to have a wedding!

well after I cleaned up snow here, I went to a friend's place to remove snow from driveway while the man of the house is away for a job, Not sure I wanna do that again, tractor had a flat, air compressor wouldn't start, tires were bald, snow was a heavy wet mess and it took 3+ hours, you never realize how long a driveway is until you remove snow from it, 200+ feet of windy uphill drive plus 2000 ft2 of flat area. What was I thinking?
I got a bag of fresh baked cookies for my effort

Old 02-22-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Phew, lots of catching up to do here! Mex, that walk sounds incredible....2Wheel, I second Ruby's suggestion for taking us with you, moving is a stressful task and we're here to support your transition...Cool pic of the Big SOMBRERO and all the Mesa Verde 4-corners stuff everyone...

The girlfriend and I went out for lunch in town yesterday, then went on a hike up the mountain to some deserted ruins of an old Spanish church. It's pretty cool, was built in 1756 and collapsed 200 years ago after an earthquake, looks like something from Ancient Rome. After that we came home and snoozed, then went out for dinner and people-watching near the town's center park and had a great balcony view of the action below.

Today we went for breakfast at the huge outdoor plant nursery's restaurant, and I came home with a few new additions for my rooftop terrace garden. She took off, I took a nap, and I am winding down my Sunday with movies and snacks. Just 2 weeks until my mom comes down to visit, should be a fun experience! Looking forward to playing "tour guide" as I am pretty good at it and enjoy showing people around the area down here.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry to post again so soon

Feeling melancholy after brief visit from youngest daughter
she's 23 and at that age I didn't want to spend time with either of mine but I thought I was better

I'm really glad that she takes after her mum though and not me

Ktw congratulations

A bit of a mirror image there as I'm english and 'mooned in Las Vegas
Old 02-22-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hey weekenders!!! Team SR! (as trach says!)

The thread was powerful this weekend for me. Everyone put it on the line. Some posts that could be printed off and saved as lessons.

I heard success stories out there and that's amazing!!!

I read some posts from those that typically join us through lurking which is great that the topic spoke to you. Always good to see you all!

And it stands to reason that some who joined in or just kept up may not have stayed completely sober this weekend. You have tomorrow to start new again.

For the new folks... the weekender meets every weekend on the newcomers board with the objective of providing support to each other and to show life sober can also be fun. We start Thursdays around noonish EST. Join in with a simple hello... just read along and enjoy the laughs and lessons.

Thanks for the support this weekend.

Ken
Old 02-22-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Hey Sober Enders!!!!
I have been busy these past couple of days, not my usual reset and relax for the weekend.
Did a lot of baking....chocolate chip cookies for the guy who did my hair, oatmeal cookies for my dad who I will see tonight, key lime pie for a birthday girl at work tomorrow.
Also made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner last night and made enough for my lunches for the upcoming week.
I hit a couple of estate sales yesterday, because apparently winter is over in this area and the yard sale season has begun.
And tonight I am going to a family dinner to see me nephew who is only in town for a couple of days. It will be good to see everyone.

I will catch up when I get back....

And another postcard.
My profile on the random postcard site says I like dogs and reading, so this lovely person sent me a card of a dog reading.
How fantastic is that!

I hope everyone is doing well tonight!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
003 (250x196).jpg (87.7 KB, 29 views)