Notices

Your last day 1 - Weekender Thread Feb 20-22

Old 02-22-2015, 01:04 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Good going dark

Nice tip about the numbers K , I think it was CarolD who used to say if you turned left coming home from work then go right , if you shopped friday make it thursday , if you went to a bar friday go to the gym or have an early night .. well you get the idea ..

First weekend without coffee for me .. green tea is it now, as strong as i go and even with that i'm being sparing with it as it's so expencive . In the chineese way i top up the flask throughout the day so a few leaves streches out . £13 for 50g

I'm also getting itchy feet , find myself pouring over maps of different places .. part of me would love to walk the coast of the UK mainland about 10,000 miles i recon at leat a 400 day adventure at 10 hrs x 2.5 mph .. so probably 2 years all told . I think there are about 20 other people who are doing this or have done this in stages , so quite an exclusive club . Even fewer who did it as one complete journey .

It's always the things i didn't do that i regret .. didn't get sober for 10 years even though i knew i should .. and a whole host of other stuff !

Right off to plan adventures , drink green tea , wonder how i could pay the bills for 2 years whilst doing something more interesting he he he

Later , m
Old 02-22-2015, 02:20 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Going to have a sausage sandwich now for Sunday brekkie ! Great day ahead. Hope all is going well for everyone else!
Old 02-22-2015, 03:21 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Good Morning everyone i hope you all have a good Sunday
Old 02-22-2015, 03:26 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Just got caught up on the thread as I have been away from SR since yesterday morning. Dropped the mrsnonmobile off for some routine maintenance yesterday morning and she dropped me off at the tax office (and kept my truck for the day). She picked me up after a long day and we went out to dinner. Finally found some Indian food I liked. (She loves it, but I am usually like "whatevah", but this was quite good.)

Came home and watched St. Vincent. Enjoyed that. Slept like a rock and suddenly it's Sunday.

Reading some successes this morning is a great way to start my Sunday. A big ATTABOY! and ATTAGIRL! to the ones who are freshly dealing with that insipid addiction.

I remember how hard it is at first. My addiction kicked the snot out of me for 25 years. I was not at all confident I was ever going to beat it - but people on SR - people that I trusted because they knew what it was like - told me it could be done and that it was worth it. They were SO right!

Keep up the press! You can do this!
Old 02-22-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Do your best

Its the last day of the weekend ive prepared my roast chicken & veg for later

off out to get some things for mrs sw as i think she has a cold

have a great day everybody
Old 02-22-2015, 03:39 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders!!

Hope everyone is doing well, I'm off to an ice hockey game this afternoon, then back home to settle in on my Sunday evening, plenty of green tea and some TV, aren't the Oscars on tonight, might watch some of that before bed!!

Sounds tasty Soberwolf!!

Let's keep it Sober into Monday everyone!!
Old 02-22-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

As usual for a Sunday morn, open this in a new window so it can play on.

"From the New World"

Old 02-22-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Lovely music Trach.

Lazing in bed, awoke early but went back asleep - feel rested, think sleep is improving.

Going to have slow day. Mrs B in work till later.

Hope everyone is having an easy sunday so far!

B
Old 02-22-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Hey all im here still sober. My life has been spun upside down, not even sure how to start. Thursday morning i awoke to my cat not moving and he was in bad shape brought him to the vet and well there was nothing they could do so he was put down. Old age got the best of him and now he's with his brother in kitty heaven. I was very late for work because of this and they ended up letting me go on friday saying i was taking to much time off. I was really mad about this but it really was a blessing.

I made a bunch of phone calls on friday and had a plan set in motion.I've been packing my stuff and its kinda sad i have only a few boxes of things mostly tools. Sorry rambling now, sometimes life is like a etch a sketch and. needs a good shaking to start over. I have decided to move to Florida to live with my half sister because it will be easier for me to get around because of public transportation.
So I'm gonna through caution to the wind and wing it from here on out. This isn't the first time I've done a radical move and i usually land on my feet.

Ok I'm done rambling for now, gotta get back to packing and sorting out my stuff. Stay sober peeps
Old 02-22-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Do your best

Enjoy the ice hockey Pk
Old 02-22-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

So sorry about your cat! Good for you staying sober through some very trying times. Hopefully with a fresh start you won't feel so lonely. All the best to you.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

This isn't much of a weekend for me as I have to work. Weekends are the times I have to be careful the most so working weekends may not be a bad thing now. Still sober after four weeks!
Old 02-22-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Welldone way
Old 02-22-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Sunday morning, snowed in. Slept late! Babysitting duty this afternoon.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

glad I stayed out till ten cleaning snow from driveway and around vehicles, we didn't get all of that freezing rain for dessert as promised - *****! gotta remove the snow the plowman pushes up against us. Had cheerios and blueberries. Me and this missus exchanged pleasantries as she climbed into bed for the day and I get up for the day.

I see NO COOKING in my day. It's leftover Sunday here, spaghetti from yesterday and chicken from the night before. This is why microwave ovens were invented.

Glad to see you posting DA - congrats on day 1 behind you! And everyone else too, nice job!
Weasel, we gotta talk. You often refer to your "dealers" in the present tense. "One of MY DEALERS called." They are NOT your dealers. They are people who used do bad things to you. Maybe call them creeps or something.

Well, one more cup and out to remove snow...

Here you go weasel...

Old 02-22-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I made a nice big breakfast of bacon, sausages, eggs, and potatoes and then Mrs. Non donated about 40% of her breakfast to me. (She's been frowning at her backside in the mirror a lot lately.) So now I am overly full and I might need a nap to digest it all.

Red Alert! I used the last of the bacon this morning!

The stores were closed on my normal shopping day last week, so the larders are low. Deep breaths....deeeeeeep breaths....it'll be OK....
Old 02-22-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

2Wheel, I'm sorry to hear about your cat and the job. Those are some bad breaks. Good job on staying sober thru it all. I hope the move to Florida goes smoothly. Hang in there!
Old 02-22-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your cat, 2wheel. sounds like you had a rough day. I hope you find a job that you like better. Hang in there.
Nothing new around here. I had a nightmare that I had over planned the next few days and was very stressed. Nothing better than waking up and realizing that it was only a dream. ..and that today is actually a lazy Sunday. Thank goodness. ..I am filled with gratitude.
Watching tv, reading, and relaxing is on my agenda. I love Sundays.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

2WT, wish I could move to Florida. Sorry about your cat. Take this whole episode as the start of a new life.

Y'know, Jalapeno Tabasco must have been made specifically for eggs. It was so good on my easy-overs on toast sided with bacon.

Happy Sunday, all.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Do your best

So sorry about your cat 2WT ((( )))

Congrats on 4 weeks/1 month Way