Notices

Your last day 1 - Weekender Thread Feb 20-22

Old 02-20-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Hey all! Tried to catch up reading the thread.. I also feel completely anxious at the thought of AA. I love SR, my recovery lifegroup at church.

I want to learn more about AVRT. Sounds like this would be very helpful to me.

Spent most of the day planning our disney world vaca in April. Taking daughter for 5th bday
Old 02-20-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Ok, I went out...to get a frozen pizza for myself and husband. No booze. Drinking fruit flavored sparkling water. Husband is at happy hour (which is the only time I either have home alone quiet time or ability to give in to my AV)
Old 02-20-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

LBrain I hadn't heard that track in ages.... very fitting
Old 02-20-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Dark asylum. ..sometimes self injurious, self destructive behaviors stop when we get sober and start feeling better about ourselves. I hope that is the case for you. Do whatever it takes. Maybe a therapist to confide in would help. I'm glad you are starting today...you are worth it!
Quiet Friday night at home. I had a wonderful day today and very rarely spend the whole day resting. It really felt good.
OK - gonna watch that movie The theory of everything. ...I think that's the name.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
I hope you can stop self injuring Dark Asylum. You deserve better and you are worth it! You don't need to do that anymore.
Thank you ...i got rid of the things i self injure with ...big step ...scary
its 2.15 am am over tired most likely ill sleep all day tomorrow or be dopey for the rest of the day
Old 02-20-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
I went to make dinner and grabbed a random CD to listen to. I just heard this song, thought I would share it. Interesting you just posted Dark Asylum,
This song is for you - and everyone else too.

thank you for the song
Old 02-20-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
Dark asylum. ..sometimes self injurious, self destructive behaviors stop when we get sober and start feeling better about ourselves. I hope that is the case for you. Do whatever it takes. Maybe a therapist to confide in would help. I'm glad you are starting today...you are worth it!
Quiet Friday night at home. I had a wonderful day today and very rarely spend the whole day resting. It really felt good.
OK - gonna watch that movie The theory of everything. ...I think that's the name.
i see a Therapist at the moment we have a lot to workout
i hope you enjoy the movie
Old 02-20-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

sorry for the moon alarm, I just happened to go check the mailbox and it all was right in front of me, had I known what I was gonna see I would have prepared a camera, it was amazing from my viewpoint

here's a link that sort of explains it - I just looked it up, there are others. This was a rare event and I just happen to get lucky seeing it. It was way cool. I saw it with naked eyes - no binocs. And if you didn't catch within the hour or less I posted, maybe next time in a few years.

Venus, Mars, moon set to meet in the sky this weekend - CBS News

Which brings me to Bim's remark about calling off scared. We used the "I won't be coming into work tomorrow, I have a vision problem." I just can't see myself coming in.

Hang in there DA - think positive thoughts.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

The clouds parted just enough to see the moon and friends!
It was absolutely fantastic!
Old 02-20-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Just got home from work a while ago and it is day 26 for me! This morning as I was leaving the gym parking lot I had a flashback. The gym where I work out and the grocery store are in the same shopping plaza. A couple of years ago when my drinking was really bad and I was going through withdrawals after binging for a few days, I remember driving through that same parking lot at that same time of morning, right past the gym to get the grocery store at exactly 6:00 am to buy wine (the store can't sell booze after 2 am and before 6 am). I can't tell you how grateful I felt this morning that I was leaving that same parking lot after a good workout, feeling great and ready to tackle the day vs. being hungover with a bottle of wine!
Old 02-20-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

I saw it although I didn't realize what I was looking at till I saw your post. I didn't notice mars but I did wonder what that really bright star (venus) was doing next to that tiny sliver of a moon. I actually remarked upon it to my friend.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Hey all! My perspective on AA is this. At first I felt awfully self conscious. If I talked, would I sound Luke a complete idiot? I over thought what I was going to say when it was my turn. It caused a lot of anxiety. As time went on, I became less fearful. Now I talk when and if I want to. I enjoy the Friday meeting because you don't talk if you don't want to beyond introducing yourself. It doesn't follow the same format as a regular AA meeting. That said, I didn't end up going tonight. I left work late and ended up picking daughter up at a friend's house. I'm home now and relaxing until eating ice cream and going to bed.

Weasel, they had a brief blurb on news radio about a MA ferry running into trouble due to ice. It was following an ice breaker and veered out of the track. Suspended ferry operations. What fun! I can't imagine being stranded on an island in this.

Newsflash. It's still cold here. Bah!!! I'm tired of looking like a polar bear. Time to convince son it's bedtime.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Watching the stunning Dark Sky Show up here at ~6,100'. A Stunner!

'Venus & Mars' ~ Live ~ McCartney & Wings

-----
Old 02-20-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

mars was barely visible, you had to catch it just right, but with binocs or a 100mm lens it would have come through crystal clear. we had ultra clear skies the past couple nights.
I just happen to notice it and it was perfect. Olive, am I right?

funny mesa, when I googled moon, venus and mars - I had the link to the wings tune show up...
Old 02-20-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

So they need an ice-breaker to break the ice for the ferry?

Aw Hello no.

Nopenopenope.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Just went outside and spotted the moon Venus pairing in the western sky. I sometime forget how brightly the stars shine and how many you can see in the rural high desert southwest!!
Old 02-20-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Speaking of Ice Breaker...

Jeep Ice Imprint

-----
Old 02-20-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Glad to see this thread rocking!

Welcome to all the newcomers and the restarters. Today is a great day to start a sober life. The BEST day there ever will be for it!

Another long day at the tax mill and my back hurts from lifting my German Shepherd off the ice this morning. (She'll kill a fox, but she is a big baby when it's slippery. ) Time for bed!
Old 02-20-2015, 07:59 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

The moon was amazing over the spring mountain range here in Vegas. Munching on some Thai doing some reading
Old 02-20-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

This thread has helped get me through an evening that I would typically want to drink without drinking (alcohol anyway). About to sip a cup of chamomile and curl up with a book in bed. Good night all!