Old 01-24-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Darn tootin Weasel I'm in.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-24-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Here and sober!

But now preoccupied with roasted red pepper and crab bisque!
Rain has cleared and sunny 50 degrees....gonna drive about an hour to the country to see my brother. He's got some deer sausage for me...good stuff, right LBrain? Hope to get a little mud on my boots today.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

I'm here sober.

I am going to have to wait on the riding. 30F here, but feels like 25F. Should be able to get out by 1p to ride the 26.2 miles. Still have to figure out where I want to go, but am going to work on getting some reading and homework in, in the meantime.

Weasel-be careful if your shins are having issues. Shin splints are not fun. If it's hurting to walk, you may want to back off. I had them once when I was younger where it hurt to walk and it was extremely painful. They can be caused by increasing your mileage too much in one week. Still, you've accomplished a lot of walking. You should be very proud!!
Old 01-24-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strategery View Post
Weasel-be careful if your shins are having issues. Shin splints are not fun. If it's hurting to walk, you may want to back off. I had them once when I was younger where it hurt to walk and it was extremely painful. They can be caused by increasing your mileage too much in one week. Still, you've accomplished a lot of walking. You should be very proud!!
Good advice strategery, sometimes too much is just too much......that saying can apply to lots of things.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

God, I used to love Joni Mitchell! A truly great lyricist!

In, sober.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Here!
Sober!
Old 01-24-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good check in so far. Some of the newbies wanna say hello?

Thanks Strat....They are sore and getting better. Been doing the foam roller recently to help them. I have run and walked in a fairly slow steady increase. I dont think I will make the marathon weekend due to them but we will see how I feel.

Hi Gilmer and Olive!!!

Olive... you are on my heels!!! Step.. step... step!
Old 01-24-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

How do you add a video from youtube to a post??
Old 01-24-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Here sober
Made it 8.3 miles riding in the snow, got my taxes done. Now im off to get my burrito fix on nom, nom. Gonna call a cab for the ride home the roads are getting slippery and don't feel like having some text messaging soccer mom crashing into me on my bike in the snow.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:49 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

catching my breath, the neighbor finished my driveway and did the sidewalk
I borrowed the machine to finish the street access, then helped another neighbor get his car out then cleared another neighbor's walk and driveway, he's away and when he comes home later he'll be pleased.

I had a big breakfast and as soon it processes through I'll take a shower and head out to the woods. My main rule is to never go until I go
Does a bear &&&& in the woods? Does Brain? Not unless it's unavoidable.
And as far as I can remember - NOPE.

Something I thought about this morning. In years past when we got a lot of snow, I would start cleaning the driveway and crack open a beer. Actually I would finish the first beer before I even started. If it was a lot of snow I'd be 3 beers in by the time I hit the sidewalk. Or I would just clear a path in the sidewalk, and sleep it off. Sometimes it took me a couple days to clear the snow - before my neighbor got a snowblower. It's amazing that staying on task and finishing was never a part of my existence when I had the bottle 'helping' me. Who carries an extra beer in their coat pocket while cleaning snow from their front walk - 30' from the house? Not me anymore.
I downed a bottle of water when I finished. Water is so good.

whoa! I just heard a gun shot out there. Somebody is either hunting over the hills, we'll just go with that.

Last edited by LBrain; 01-24-2015 at 08:57 AM. Reason: gimme some water
Old 01-24-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Good check in so far. Some of the newbies wanna say hello? Thanks Strat....They are sore and getting better. Been doing the foam roller recently to help them. I have run and walked in a fairly slow steady increase. I dont think I will make the marathon weekend due to them but we will see how I feel. Hi Gilmer and Olive!!! Olive... you are on my heels!!! Step.. step... step!
I tend to get less steps on the weekend, while you tend to get more. But I may just have to amp it up a bit today, thanks to your prior challenge.

So maybe a nice walk this morning and then home to do some painting.
I have a version of chicken pad Thai in the slow cooker, we shall see if it turns out.

Be well sober Enders!
Old 01-24-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Agh. Here and sober. Typed all sorts of stuff but my iPad died in mid message.

For years no one called or came over but today my mother in law is expected and my sister in law unexpectedly called and asked if my nephew could come over so that's later. When it rains, right? In a good way though.

So, back to clearing mountains of crumbs and dusting. I love my swifter sweeper. I don't use it often enough.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Joni Mitchell Live...

We saw her in L.A. at 'The Troubadour'. Because there were 6 of us, we got seated right up against Stage; our Knees almost touching the Stage. There were Tape marks for her Chair to sit while she played the Dulcimer. I was 5' away, tops. Pretty magical stuff! Gal oozed Charisma.

After the Concert, I boosted a Rose she'd had in her Dulcimer, left laying on Stage. Wax-coated it, and kept in my R&R Archives for a long time.

Fast forward to Boulder. About 1978, I cut across a Parking Lot to a Pal's Music Store. There's this statuesque Blonde, all in green Velvet, locked out of her shiny new Mercedes. Honorable Gentleman that I am, I helped Joni Mitchell 'break' into her Car using the ole Coat Hanger trick. She had just bought the Mercedes in California, and was stopping by Boulder to see Music Pals on a Road Trip. She was on her way up to her Hometown 'Hood of Alberta.

Yah, this Kitten was a lil bit smitten...

Joni Mitchell Live ~ 1970

-----
Old 01-24-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

I did it. The tree and decorations are down and boxed up. It feels good to have that out of the way. Phew. And the turkey is in the oven.

I think I'll just chill for a while.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:28 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Double post

Last edited by jerri11; 01-24-2015 at 10:29 AM. Reason: double post
Old 01-24-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by erin8 View Post
How do you add a video from youtube to a post??
Erin... there is a button to add a YT link. Enter the number of the video from the link between the open and close tags and you are all set!

Hit the quote button on this and you can see the code. Hope that helps!

Old 01-24-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Fromadsistance , ya gonna send me over some of that Venison??? lol , have fun ya'll...
Old 01-24-2015, 11:19 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Dang Twowheel , biking in the snow?? I know I love 2 wheels , but geeesh..Stay warm and dry man...!
Old 01-24-2015, 12:02 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hello fellow weekenders

This is a really busy thread isn't it, less than a day since I last posed and a had loads to catch up on

My daughter, her hubby and two other couples have come up town to celebrate her birthday (they are going to see nicki minage ). I am looking after my grandaughter and two of her little friends. They're lively!

As its been a nice day weather wise we did go down to Camden Market - 3 pirate hats bought Ruby. They also got their faces painted

We walked past Amy Winhouse's old apartment building, still lots of flowers outside. Bit of a warning to someone like me really but impossible to me solemn with 3 noisy toddlers

I have finally got them to bed with only one minor Lego related injury

Mesaman, Trachymys interesting, I guess if your a true rock and roller it's the only way to die

Thanks for the Rufus/Chaka clip I saw them live in 1977 - Chaka K was about 16 then and didn't sing much, she stuck to playing drums mostly - I do remember she wore a grass skirt

Lbrain - that Joni M song was shown on a bbc documentary recently- I think it was recorded on a programme called the Old Grey Whistle Test

Lbrain that Joni
Old 01-24-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nofearnobeer View Post
Dang Twowheel , biking in the snow?? I know I love 2 wheels , but geeesh..Stay warm and dry man...!
Haha wrong kinda two wheels, its a mountain bike.
Whew made it home took a cab, kinda expensive but eeh it was worth it.
I'm beat from riding but it was fun. I forgot how much stuff there is to do in the next town. I got a huge burrito for lunch. mmmmmmm Then i went to the pet store and bought a catnip filled mouse for my furball at home. Found a cool thrift store picked up a xm radio for cheap. I'm a sucker for electronics. Stopped at a trendy coffe house and was baffled trying to order a coffee. The best part was i stoppped at a small convience store and found spicy pickled eggs. Oh man they where great. I could never have done any of this had i been drinking. Its been so long since i was thay far from home. I really gotta get out more often.

I think I'm out of the marathon though there's no way I'm gonna do another 10 miles tomorrow. I will be lucky to walk without my cane tomorrow since my knee is already killing me.