Old 01-24-2015, 08:49 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
LBrain

catching my breath, the neighbor finished my driveway and did the sidewalk
I borrowed the machine to finish the street access, then helped another neighbor get his car out then cleared another neighbor's walk and driveway, he's away and when he comes home later he'll be pleased.

I had a big breakfast and as soon it processes through I'll take a shower and head out to the woods. My main rule is to never go until I go
Does a bear &&&& in the woods? Does Brain? Not unless it's unavoidable.
And as far as I can remember - NOPE.

Something I thought about this morning. In years past when we got a lot of snow, I would start cleaning the driveway and crack open a beer. Actually I would finish the first beer before I even started. If it was a lot of snow I'd be 3 beers in by the time I hit the sidewalk. Or I would just clear a path in the sidewalk, and sleep it off. Sometimes it took me a couple days to clear the snow - before my neighbor got a snowblower. It's amazing that staying on task and finishing was never a part of my existence when I had the bottle 'helping' me. Who carries an extra beer in their coat pocket while cleaning snow from their front walk - 30' from the house? Not me anymore.
I downed a bottle of water when I finished. Water is so good.

whoa! I just heard a gun shot out there. Somebody is either hunting over the hills, we'll just go with that.

Last edited by LBrain; 01-24-2015 at 08:57 AM. Reason: gimme some water