Notices

Let the sun shine in! Weekender Thread! Jan 23-25

Old 01-24-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

I'm done for tonight, all thay fresh air and exercise wore me out. Today is day 7 sober so i made it a week.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

saout, I think we've done four Olympics since the '80's. They keep calling, we keep making costumes.

If the worst thing you did today was misspell my name...well, it was a good day, wasn't it?
Old 01-24-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Ooooff , busy day , Brought my Wife down for testing for her degree , brought the kids to the music store to buy some instrument essentials , then to Target , signed a 3 year lease with option to purchase on the house , just grilled a bunch of burgers (or as my son says "Burgers of Cheese" , threw some wood in the fireplace out back and stared at the stars..Now gonna go fry some wangs and toss em in sauce..This much work is exhausting when yer sober , buttt , I am still sober... Have fun ya'll...
Old 01-24-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Awesome job 2 Wheel! Keep it "rollin"!
Old 01-24-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

I enjoy my own company more, if that makes sense. I can be alone and truly rest or have actual fun. It's awesome.

Saturday night and I'm in Pajamas, making burgers and oven fries, watching Grease on tv, and giving thanks for positive change... Moderation thoughts popping up here and there, but they're just that. Thoughts. This cheeseburger is going to knock those thoughts right out in 3...2...1...
Old 01-24-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Given the 'Sunshine' Thread Theme and all that, a lil reminder of what the proverbial AV can do is wryly communicated here by Nick Lowe & Paul Carrack.

'Stick It Where The Sun Don't Shine' ~ Noise To Go

-----
Old 01-24-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

A Saturday nite with serenity, beginning to appreciate sobriety. SR is the rock bottom that I soberly stand on, rootin for everyone, please enjoy your nite.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Hope everyone's having a great Saturday/Sunday
Old 01-24-2015, 07:39 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

I've missed keeping up with this thread and now I'm going to sleep. Busy weekend. Busy SOBER weekend, so it's a great weekend. See you all tomorrow-
Old 01-24-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Hey all! Everyone's either in bed here in the states or soon to be getting up in the UK. In between time.

Behan and 2wheel, way to go!

Today was ultimately the most normal day ever. Nothing eventful happened. Nothing exciting or bad happened. It was just a day. I got a lot of cleaning done. The kitchen. Swept the floors about fifty times (exaggeration, sort of) and then decided to bite the bullet and wash them. Hands and knees. Much better. Cleaned the dining room table off. Didn't do laundry. That's tomorrow. Washed the bathroom floor. Did go to the pet store for hamster and mouse food. Then to Marshall's. And the grocery store for dinner. Main shopping to be done tomorrow. I splurged on steaks but I got two and fed five people.

So, a good, productive day. Never would have gotten half that done when drunk.

Trach, I'm in awe. I recently dusted off my seeing machine to mend a pillow case. That's about the extent of my talent. I was proud of myself that I remembered how to operate the machine. I would like to start sewing again. I have a zipper to replace on my favorite skirt and I know it isn't that difficult in theory. Patterns and fixing the machines? Awesome.

Time to go to bed. I'm going to an 8 a.m. AA meeting. Then church. Then more of not much anything but I think I will be able to relax because I got so much done today. And then next week is a three day weekend! Yay!
Old 01-24-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

My seeing machine? I could use one when proof reading my typing. Sewing machine.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:41 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Chop Chop!

Up and at'em!

OK... OK... it's Sunday... sleep in...be lazy... relax... Queue Trachs Sunday sounds...

I have bacon to bake. I have a choice of spam or bacon but I think the bacon wins this morning.

Have yet to see the wonderland outside. I don't have to clean much except the car so no big deal no matter what awaits.

Lots of encouraging posts from weekenders all doing the right things for themselves and families. You guys rock!

K
Old 01-25-2015, 02:05 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Why am I awake at 4:00 am? Because I worked hard at the farmhouse yesterday, ate big when I got home, and fell asleep at 8:00. Pure perfection, in my opinion. It was a beautiful day in Texas.

A pretty flower that brings some much-appreciated color in winter...Anyone know what this is? I'm not sure...

Texas beauty
Old 01-25-2015, 02:49 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Good morning from the fortress against alcohol @ my bed ..

A whole lot of nothing going on, but thats ok. Sobriety is the natural state for this body and it functions very well .

Time for coffee .

m
Old 01-25-2015, 03:14 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

How very zen M.

I found my most natural state this morning in the bacon I just made.

Om
Old 01-25-2015, 03:26 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Chop Chop!

Up and at'em!

OK... OK... it's Sunday... sleep in...be lazy... relax... Queue Trachs Sunday sounds...
You got it! Sunday morning Sunshine! I found this Thursday while searching for related music. Bookmarked it then for Sunday Morning. Open it in a new window so you can just let it play in the background.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:46 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
You got it! Sunday morning Sunshine! I found this Thursday while searching for related music. Bookmarked it then for Sunday Morning. Open it in a new window so you can just let it play in the background. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kRKo_IGAbE">YouTube Link</a>
If you're into sci-fi - the movie Sunshine is worth a watch. I mean the major motion picture. (not just the music from the movie).
Old 01-25-2015, 04:03 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hi Tang. I had not heard of it. Turns out it was not promoted well in the US. I'm hunting it down now. I'll watch it just for the music.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Hi Tang. I had not heard of it. Turns out it was not promoted well in the US. I'm hunting it down now. I'll watch it just for the music.
Yeah I stumbled upon it recently. It's become a much talked about film in the sci-fi community.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Conquest, the red flower looks familiar to me. I think my grandmother had those, and we are in Alabama.