Notices

Let the sun shine in! Weekender Thread! Jan 23-25

Old 01-24-2015, 01:14 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post
80 lbs, eek! I'm lucky then, mine are around 25 lbs. Olympic event... lol! Yep!
I see your 25 and 80 and raise you 150. I have 2 that are150 lbs.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:42 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Morning all, arrived in work and getting my coffee on!!

Only a half day and then looking forward to some ice hockey this evening, my local team didn't win last night, so coming off the back of a lose, I wasn't there to see it, so hopefully should be a better game today.

Also the plan is to go for dinner with a few friends beforehand for my birthday, which was this week, so that should also be nice.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Let's keep it Sober Weekenders!!
Old 01-24-2015, 01:49 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
Man, quite the Tome in Wiki on Uriah Heep. Drink and Drugs keep coming up. Imagine that back then, eh? A long, but interesting, read...

'According to Blows [a Band Biographer], "A strenuous touring schedule, compounded by the bassist's heavy drug dependency (inherent even before joining Heep) was taking its toll, though matters came to a head while on tour during September," when the bassist was electrocuted on stage in Dallas.'

Another reason I sprung $$ for a 1st Gen 'Nady' Wireless Transmitter for my Bass. The Bass, not connected by any Wires, and Mic could not be on opposite AC Power Line Phases. This set-up could not Electrocute you from Electrically-'hot' Bass Guitar Strings to metal Mic Housing.

Uriah Heep ~ Wikipedia

-----
He just got zapped. Thain died of a heroin overdose. Byron of liver cancer. Another bassist of pancreatic cancer. They did burn bright and burn out.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:35 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Ok weasel, up and at 'em!

Time for predawn gym time!....my favorite.

Working on those miles yet?
Old 01-24-2015, 03:59 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey fad... I was up at 4:30 and have 3.5 miles in. My shins are killing me and pushing them worries me. They take a long time to heal. So I will work around that and do two sessions today. I am not giving up until time runs out Sunday on my goal!!!
Old 01-24-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Well this should be an interesting day. Forgot my bike doesn't have a bottle cage. Spent 15 mins making one out of duct tape lol. Its good to be a redneck at times hahaha. Its already snowing so its gonna be a slow ride. Gonna head out and get my taxes done. It feels good to be sober and alert on a Saturday morning.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

I'm hoping on, too! Just found this Weekender Thread.... I'm 12 days sober and this is my second sober weekend. Usually started drinking on Saturday morning, but here I am....

It's cold here....looking forward to working outside cleaning up my garden a little, then making a fire and watching some movies this evening.

Funny how when I was drinking, I always wondered how people got things done on the weekends.... Really, that thought is hilarious to me now since I was drunk all weekend.

Anyway, I'm grateful to be here and grateful to be 12 days sober!

Grace
Old 01-24-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hi grace1115,

Almost two weeks for you.....that is most excellent! I'm glad you found this thread too. I've leaned on it a good bit, especially the first few weeks. Like you, one of the benefits of sobriety I've enjoyed is more time (not to mention $). I look forward to seeing you around.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hi Grace, welcome to the thread and congratulations on 12 days. I never got much done on weekends either. It's amazing how productive I am when alcohol is removed from the equation.

Happy birthday PK. Belatedly. Enjoy your dinner.

The new windows in the kitchen are making a big difference. It's like light suddenly found it's way in. It seems less dark for some reason. It's nice. The temp is supposed to be relatively warm today so maybe a walk is called for later. All this fitness talk.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Do your best

More DIY for me today just in from picking up a few things

first things first - Lunch ! BLT & a nice cup of tea

hope everybody is having a nice day theres blue sky & sun where i am cold but lovely
Old 01-24-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Lots to catch up on this thread!!!

In for the day with the snow storm at my doorstep. The kind that sticks to everything. White already. Only 6-8 today.

I am at the half way mark with my miles. 14 miles down. Since I still have all of sunday I may make it but doubtful since I plan on being very lazy the rest of today.

Roasted Red Pepper and crab bisque to be made this afternoon. Fresh basil and grated parm and Romano on top. Add a little spice to it. Thats my project.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Saturday Roll Call

Here
Sober

or

Here
Need to rework my plan

Either way say hello!!!
Old 01-24-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Here sober
Old 01-24-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Mornin' All.

Grace -- Congratulations on 12 days. That's wonderful. This thread is great for positive support and encouragement. I'm glad you're here.

I hate to admit this, but I still have my Christmas decorations up. So, today is the day. They're coming down. I really mean it this time. Really. Boxing it all up.

We're also roasting a turkey. To celebrate the decorations coming down.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

I'm here sober.
I'm thankful that I hardly ever feel nauseated anymore.
Its the little things, lol.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

well it snowed all night... VERY wet and heavy stuff... stopped around 5 AM then misty light rain. Drove to get wife for 730 quit time. Stopped and got some bacon - yes BACON on the way home. Made a skillet breakfast, bacon, potatoes, onion, poblano pepper, 4 eggs and a some of the skull and crossbones hot sauce sprinkled with a little cheese. Almost finished breakfast. Already moved about 2 tons of 'snow'. Have another 2 tons to clear. Clean up and maybe - maybe - head out and sit in the woods.
It's a mess out there. My guess is the big animals are hunkered down and taking most of the day off. Where I go it's a waiting game.

Enjoy this wonderful Saturday Sober Peoples.

Oh, the wife heard the ad for the home show this weekend. Guess where I'm going tomorrow?

Joni Mitchell... enjoy. I hear the neighbors snow blowing machine running - gotta get back out there.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Here sober
Old 01-24-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Here! Did someone mention disco?
Old 01-24-2015, 07:16 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Morning all, arrived in work and getting my coffee on!!

Only a half day and then looking forward to some ice hockey this evening, my local team didn't win last night, so coming off the back of a lose, I wasn't there to see it, so hopefully should be a better game today.

Also the plan is to go for dinner with a few friends beforehand for my birthday, which was this week, so that should also be nice.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Let's keep it Sober Weekenders!!
Have a great night Pk hope your team get the win
Old 01-24-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Lots to catch up on this thread!!!

In for the day with the snow storm at my doorstep. The kind that sticks to everything. White already. Only 6-8 today.

I am at the half way mark with my miles. 14 miles down. Since I still have all of sunday I may make it but doubtful since I plan on being very lazy the rest of today.

Roasted Red Pepper and crab bisque to be made this afternoon. Fresh basil and grated parm and Romano on top. Add a little spice to it. Thats my project.
Roasted red pepper & crab bisque sounds seriously tasty me & mrs soberwolf thinks that sounds delish (her words lol)

roll call:im here just finished fitting a few things im pleased