SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Let the sun shine in! Weekender Thread! Jan 23-25 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/357275-let-sun-shine-weekender-thread-jan-23-25-a.html)

Weasel1966 01-22-2015 04:30 AM

Let the sun shine in! Weekender Thread! Jan 23-25

The sober sun shines on you as it does me. I have to say in my active drinking days I never noticed the sun. It was not part of my daily plan to drink. In fact it got in the way. I hung sheets on the windows to block out the inevitable. The party must never end.

Fact is it does end. And when I looked up the sun was there. Bright... Brilliant... And Warm.

Now, in spending weekends sober with you all, I feel it. Even when it's tucked behind a cloud or two. It's there.

This weekend as we share pictures, bacon, music, troubles, smiles, and more bacon; let's also include a word or two about when your sober living has allowed you to see the sun again. What joys do you take from sobriety. Nothing fancy. Just show the folks still hanging sheets that there is hope. Make hope wider for them this weekend.

The sober busses are in the station. No one left behind. And yes... There are shotgun positions on these busses. Specially fitted and not for the faint at heart!

*Ring Ring*!!!

Welcome to your sober weekend!

:bus:bus:bus:bus:bus

Ken

**** started early cuz I have work meetings all morning. Don't want to be late with the weekender start!

Mark1014 01-22-2015 04:36 AM

Early start for the sober bus. I'm onboard!

Morning tranquility instead of regret and dread.....that's been a gift of sobriety that I treasure. And the sun's not even up yet!

Workout done and ready for another productive day.

Soberwolf 01-22-2015 04:45 AM

Riding roof

Weekender thread !!! im in

Nonsensical 01-22-2015 04:47 AM

Belted in and ready to ride!

LET'S DO THIS!

I'm not sharing my bacon, though.

petals 01-22-2015 04:57 AM

am i too late to shout shotgun?xx

JT0626 01-22-2015 05:00 AM

Woohooo!!!! Hopping on the bus!!!! this weekend my sister is doing a Pampered Chef party at her house....so that means goodies to eat & senseless buying - can't wait!!! ;-)

mns1 01-22-2015 05:08 AM

The ability to look at my own flaws and see opportunity, not limitation.

More power to you all!

ShenzyT 01-22-2015 05:10 AM

I'm in for a jolly on the sober bus this weekend ...
JT - Love love love Pampered Chef ...... have a good time xx

Olive1 01-22-2015 05:16 AM

Can't believe I am actually getting on the bus on the first page!!!!
I am in!
Happy Thursday, Sober Enders!!!!

I love these weekend road trips!
:)

Charlie117926 01-22-2015 05:29 AM

Thanks for leaving an open seat. I would like nothing more than to join the sober bus convoy for this weekend

Ruby2 01-22-2015 05:36 AM

What the?! The sun came bright, beautiful and super early today? Good morning. I'm on the bus for the weekend! Yay!

I have no plans other than taking daughter to her gymnastics class on Saturday and the usual chores. Even though it was a four day week this week it seems to be longer than usual. Maybe I need to work on being well rested.

Mr. Ruby seems to be getting his head back in the (sober) game and is taking the kids to school this morning so I get a chance to take my time getting ready and play with you all for a bit. A very, very nice respite.

See you all later!

JT0626 01-22-2015 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by ShenzyT (Post 5153404)
I'm in for a jolly on the sober bus this weekend ...
JT - Love love love Pampered Chef ...... have a good time xx

OMG, I am such a Pampered Chef lover too!!!!

Jupiters 01-22-2015 06:05 AM

yup, another sober weekend for me :D
painting the apt. I believe is on the agenda. May as well do this while it's cold and gross out!!!

Charlie117926 01-22-2015 06:10 AM

Building a deck this weekend. Painting walls and re-grouting floors. Looking forward to a sober a productive weekend.

BTW I have a manual food chopper from Pampered Chef...my wife got if for me. There is nothing that thing cannot shred. Love it.

Gilmer 01-22-2015 06:14 AM

I'm in!

I have an apple peeler and corer from Pampered Chef. It's the coolest thing!

headcase1 01-22-2015 06:20 AM

Save a seat for me! I love the weekends now that I'm not recuperating from over doing it with alcohol.Can we stop so I can pick up my smoked venison? Kids said they called yesterday & it's ready!Whoop-whoop!!

Color 01-22-2015 06:30 AM

I'm on board!
It's Australia Day long weekend.........looking forward to it being a sober one!

happyandfree 01-22-2015 06:32 AM

I'm in for the weekend. Yoohoo!
I love weekends now that the days will be filled with activities rather than hangovers.
It's bitter cold and with a biting wind outside, but it's cozy warm inside my house.
Life is good.
See you all later-

petals 01-22-2015 06:54 AM

im feeling a bit out of the loop.... what is pamperd chef?? please>xx

strategery 01-22-2015 07:12 AM

I'm in.

One of the things that came back to me reading Weasel's statement was this "My Name is Earl" episode. Earl talked about how he never knew a parade was going on since him and Randy were too hung over. It's amazing the things we miss out on when we drink and are hungover.

Petals-pampered chef is a line of products for chefs. If they have a pampered chef party, they are usually showcasing different products that they are hoping to sell you.