Notices

Let the sun shine in! Weekender Thread! Jan 23-25

Old 01-23-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

The bus has started moving but I'll run alongside and jump aboard

REALLY glad it is Friday and hoping I don't look at the clock too much as I want the work day to be over but not to rush the weekend. Cleaning and organizing my little place this weekend as son and his girlfriend are typical older but messy teenagers. I have some serious dust bunnies to do battle with! I will also be enjoying pictures being sent of my step-son's newborn.....yup...a Grammy again #4. January grey, ice, and cold has set up camp for sure in Vermont. I'll be basking in the sunshine of this thread!
Old 01-23-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

In,

Been sick most of the week with head/chest cold, flu like stuff, looking forward to feeling better this weekend and letting the sun shine in
Old 01-23-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

weas... you do make me chuckle! thanks I needed that!
Old 01-23-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Friday Friday Friday! Here in GA , we have nothin but rain...Hopefully the folks here at SR will let some sunshine come through this weekend...! may be wet outside , but I am planning on staying dry..!
Old 01-23-2015, 09:57 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

stopped in to say hello, did not set alarm, woke up at 530 - was out in the woods by 630. Saw a critter moving with purpose 150 yards away as it was getting light. Then a tree service pulled into the field behind me, chain saws and that big chipper machine from 150 yards away down the slope makes a lot of noise. Since I lost my only edge - hearing - it was a wash. I took a walk around the 'neighborhood'. Tucked in my pant legs and crossed the creek, through a frozen marshy field - crunch-crunch-crunch, some woods - stickers pulling at me and losing my hat a few times. Wandered around and got the big picture lay of the land. Rescued a tree fence from the creek the conservation society puts around trees to keep the deer from ruining them. Listening to the birds 'waking up' and singing their songs, the squirrels getting busy with the day - then the existence of people joining the day and drowning out the sounds of nature.
Came home and made a lunch. But I set up a 'hiding place' before I left. Going back out soon and settle in before the sun makes it too far down.

I could not imagine getting out by myself early in the cold and dark if I had been drinking still. Then sitting on a rock in the freezing cold sipping from a cold water bottle and taking it all in - refreshing. Saw the redist cardinal this morning.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

And at this point Lbrain , jealousy has set in...Been on the phone since 8AM.. :\ lol Good luck on the evening outing!
Old 01-23-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post

I have loved that song since it first came out when I was in 4th grade!
Old 01-23-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

sorry nofear, I tagged another one a few days ago - dropped it off at the donation spot yesterday, tomorrow is last day. It's supposed to snow tonight so I will drive the wife to work and pick her up in the morning. Means I will miss the morning hunt in fresh snow - my favoritest time. Will spend all day out tomorrow if I have to. Snow may change to rain in afternoon - not sure I want to be up in a tree in the rain. Snow - okay, rain - I'll sit in my blind. I think only one time this year I did not see a deer. Last night I was in my blind - one way vision. One came up behind me and blew at me. Didn't see it but it had to be about 15 yards away when it must have winded me. Tonight I wash clothes - scent free is where it's at. Funny - I forgot I painted up, wife finally asked me last night if I was going to wash my face. Huh? Oh, I forgot.

Another plug for no alcohol. Not only do you not want it on you, you don't need it in you either.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hmm, seems i've got to go in to work tomorrow - at least it's only 'till 1pm. After that I shall be re-grouting some of the tiles in my shower unit.

Yes its a glamorous old lifestyle I lead

Never mind it is my daughters birthday tomorrow and I am babysitting my grandaughter which is great she's 3 y o with a 'Joey Ramone' fringe. I have Teletubbies, Night Garden and Hacker T Dog on dvd (she is an incy bit too young for Game of Thrones) Apparantly she has recently taken a keen interest in hats (Ruby - a soulmate!) so a trip to Camden Market is a possibility

All the best to my fellow weekenders
Old 01-23-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

LBRAIN , Good point ...! Not to mention , my hands shake a heck of a lot less now so I am not off by a foot at a 100 yards... lol ...Again have fun and good luck..
Old 01-23-2015, 11:43 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Feel better KTW.

Glad you got a chuckle Petals! I did this morning.

7.5 miles in so far today. I may have to go for a walk later to hit my goal. Rather front load today than have to catch up Sunday. And thank you for adjusting my mileage down!!! much appreciated!

bacon.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Yes, it's rainy and cold in the South. Still...

Old 01-23-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hello and Happy Friday!

Saoutchik, I'm sorry you have to work tomorrow. But I hope you have fun with your family!

Way to go to all the thon-ers! My FitBit Flex arrived today. I just did my typical 2 mile walk (which is marked by mile markers) and it logged it as 1.5 miles. Hmmmm. I'm going to give it a couple days to see how it averages out. So, who know's maybe I'll make that half-thon?

Have a good evening everyone.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

In
Old 01-23-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I'm in for the night. Ill join the marothon crew. Already did 8.6 miles today on my bike. Tomorrow is gonna be 16 plus miles. Gotta ride to the next town to get my taxes done. I have no clue what a fitbit is though. These are road miles on a single speed bike lol Gotta rest up tonight and watch a couple of horror flicks.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Do your best

Its raining outside mrs soberwolf has fallen asleep

ive had a great day got a ton sorted i love sobriety hope you guys are having a nice start to the sober weekend
Old 01-23-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2Wheelterror View Post
I'm in for the night. Ill join the marothon crew. Already did 8.6 miles today on my bike. Tomorrow is gonna be 16 plus miles. Gotta ride to the next town to get my taxes done. I have no clue what a fitbit is though. These are road miles on a single speed bike lol Gotta rest up tonight and watch a couple of horror flicks.
Hey 2wheel.... A fitbit is a pedometer on steroids. You wear it on your wrist like a watch and It measures where you go and how far you travel.

Today I ran about 2.5 miles and walked another 6.5. Tomorrow I want to get in a full ten miles. It's fun and you can compete with friends.

There is also a SR fitbit group on the fitbit site that we all cheer each other on. We can see how everyone is doin.

Consider it if you are looking for a way to get motivated for exercise.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good work sober weekenders. I am heading to watch tv in bed. Enough for the day for me.

Sometimes sleep just makes the most sense when i feel a little lost. So night!
Old 01-23-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Old 01-23-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Goldie Rush

Good fun at the Dog Park this P.M..

A local Vet showed up with 4 of his 18 Goldies. One of the four is buried down in this Pic; the only Pic I could get while they were leashed. He shows them. Plus mine, there was this squirming mass of 5 Goldies in action. WAY cute.

Rockin' it Sober today in fab, sunny Weather. Nuffin' like it...

'Who Let The Dogs Out' ~ Baha Men

-----