Notices

Six months gone and God I miss her

Old 01-25-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Six months gone and God I miss her

Six months ago my daughter died. Today is a quiet day and the sadness has returned. I will be eternal great full I was granted 28 years but I would be lying if I didn't feel that she was taken far too early.

I do not believe it was a coincidence that she passed on my sobriety birthday. I believe she was telling me I may not be in this world but damn it dad you better stay sober or I will haunt you all your living days and then kick your butt in the life ever after if you ever drink.

I thank God that for the last five years of her life she had a sober father and she was so proud of me. What I am having a hard time with is I will be never able to rebuild a new sober life with her. Thinking of the wasted days as a drunk is so horribly hard to comes to grips with.

But today I'm sober and I have one heck of a lot of things to be great full for. I know I will never be the same but the pain is lessening. I have already helped 2 people deal with loved ones who are terminal and hopefully I have shown others it is possible to get through a devastating experience sober.

I have learned the hard way that life is a gift and wasting these precious days are days we will never get back
Old 01-25-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

MIR, I'm sorry you're feeling so badly on this anniversary of your daughter's death. I'm sure it's very hard to come to terms with the fact that you weren't fully present for part of her life. But, you did turn things around and became the father she hoped to have. You were there for her as she fought her disease and when she passed away. You were there. And now you're helping others through that difficult process. I have a feeling your daughter is watching you today and feeling very proud of her Dad.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wasted days are regretful, I agree but glad to read you are content.
Thanks for posting this.
Never regret another day from the avoidable wastage

Driving my wagon of hope through beautiful views on my road to myself
Old 01-25-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

This post really moved me MIR i really like what you said about your sobriety date not being coincidental

Helping others is so moving really want to say what your doing is really kind & caring

(((MIR)))
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing this very humbling post. My heart goes out to you. However, it is really amazing to see that you are using your hurts to help others. Thoughts and prayers to you.
  # 6 (permalink)  
Helloooooooo.

That's amazing, to have those five wonderful years. I wished I had that before my dad died but I will always remember him for being drunk, and the week before he died I told him I never felt loved off him.
I'm 28 too, so to give her that joy to have a sober father, I know too she would have appreciated that so much so I think you are wonderful. To have those memories forever.
Keep on shining and let her love live on through you in the happiness you bring to others xx
Old 01-25-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am so sorry, MIRecovery. It is unbearable indeed.
You don't know me at all, since I've been a lurker, but I need to tell you that I *always* appreciate your input. You are a wonderful person and I am sure your daughter knew that. All my strength and support to you.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((((MIR))))). Much love to you. You are very inspirational.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Kindest wishes to you, MIR. Your daughter will stay in your heart forever.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. Treasure those 5 years you had with her sober. Congrats on your sobriety as well.

My mom has cancer now and I am grateful I can give her everything right now in sobriety.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm sorry.
She was taken too early.
Look after yourself today xx
Old 01-25-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You are an inspiration MIR in your Sobriety!!

I have no doubt your daughter will be looking down proud of her dad!!
Old 01-25-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for your pain (((MIR)))

D
Old 01-25-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

(((MIR))) I'm sorry you're hurting today. I lost my son six months ago as well. Unfortunately, we're in the year of the "firsts". First anniversary of everything. It's struggle for me day by day, but when I hit a certain date, I fall apart.

Take care. You're not alone.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sorry about your pain.

My son is 8, and I am now sober thanks in great part to people like you. Willing to share the painful moments, the victories, and your life experience.

Thanks for being so strong, and inspiring me to keep pushing trough.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for your loss MIR. I'm sorry for your loss as well Sarah. Losing a child has got to be the worst kind of grief. There are no words.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry MIR and Sarah. You are in my thoughts. I want to thank you for posting though it will help me during the times I struggle because if you can stay sober through such losses there is absolutely no reason I can't. Much love.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Mir, thanks for making an old man cry. Some days I forget how to feel. Peace be with you.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

What matters most is how you were when she left this Earth. You were sober and she was proud of you - she knew the battle you had fought. Thank you for all the important lessons you've taught us here. I'm sorry you've had to endure such pain, but many have benefited from your words. Praying for you and your family, dear MIR.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

I sincerely think about you and your beautiful angel quite often. It is genuinely something that helps to keep me strong. You both are profound inspirations on the true meaning of love and living. I will continue to pray for peace for you and her. So many blessings to you.