Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weeKender , 13th 14th & 15th of june 2014 lets get through together.

Notices

weeKender , 13th 14th & 15th of june 2014 lets get through together.

Old 06-13-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Gonna be here this weekend...need some help ffighting through
Old 06-13-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi Minion! im in the June class :/ and YASS HARIBO!
Old 06-13-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Diez de Mayan

I'm feeling a little annoyed that I lent my [drunken] neighbor ten bucks yesterday and he said he'd pay me back today and is nowhere in sight. Last time I got burned for 30 bucks, when will I learn not to lend money? So I actually went up and knocked on his door. He looked hungover and his head was all cut up, he said he 'fell'. He said he'll get me the money 'later today'. I'm so sick of neighbors knocking on my door wanting something, no boundaries. This guy I only met once asked for a ride to the doctor's and dumb me said 'yes'. Twice I've had people knock on my door to borrow money (first one I said no). One guy rang the bell 6 am, I opened the door and he was standing there with NOTHING on except his boxer shorts. He wanted to borrow coffee. Really?
Okay, end of whining!!!!
The good news is I got out my violin and brushed it off, I haven't touched it in 3 years. The bow was losing all it's hairs. One of the strings was off the knobby thing. Other than that it was okay. I still sound crappy on it but I'm determined to start playing again.
I'm watching Netflix all weekend. Just watched Valley of the Dolls, kind of cheesy but I liked it. Now I'm off to watch another one.
I hve 30 something days but I'm feeling shaky in my sobriety lately so not sure how long that will last.
Nonsensical, is your new dog a lab mix? Mine is, and I got her from a rescue. She looks just like yours, with the white on the paws and everything. They sound she was a full-blood lab but her ears look too small, I didn't care . I just asked for a dog who doesn't bark a lot and was 'easy' since she was my first dog, not a lot of 'behaviors'. She's been great. She's laying on my bed snoring. I have to take her out on a bathroom break one more time tonight and it's raining cats and dogs (pun intended). She doesn't mind though, guess it's the lab in her.
I'll be checking in tomorrow. We can do this!
Old 06-13-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

In for a sober weekend.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:43 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Here's a cool track for Full Moon Friday the 13th:

Wax Tailor: "Don't You Remember?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDTCPYmWxbk

Also: Do Not Feed the Bad Wolf!
Old 06-13-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Woke up on a Saturday clear headed for the first time in quite a while. Feeling energetic and positive. I wish I could bottle this feeling. I can't so I guess I'll just need to stay sober instead. I can do this. We can all do this!
Old 06-13-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

I'm in. I just got off of a bender, so this is my day one again.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:05 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Warning! Do Not Feed the Bad Wolf!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
werewolf red blue.jpg (54.5 KB, 60 views)
Old 06-13-2014, 08:18 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hi all! It's been a long, long day. Work. Then shopping, worrying about cleaning. Making stabs at cleaning. Went to my meeting with husband. My mother and father took the kids to my brothers.

My brother wasn't there though. Just my sister in law and niece and nephew. My brother has been stuck in NYC because of the flash floods earlier mentioned in the thread and his flight has been delayed.

I try not to go to Starbucks. Not unless I want an anxiety attack in the middle of the day. I've switched over to decaf coffee for the most.

Okay, this belongs on the colloquialisms thread but I read a made up word this afternoon. Carmageddon. Interstates 90 and 94 run together through downtown and they are closing it over the weekend for bridge/exit repair work. It is going to be a horrible, horrible mess, with trucks needing to get places, vacation traffic, festival traffic. All shunted onto side streets. I can completely avoid the situation. Anyway, the news people are calling it carmageddon. I don't like it.

BigSobrero, were you sprouting the facial hair when the yoga instructor asked you out? If you were it won't be a big deal. She likes you that way since she asked you out. If you weren't, it still won't be a big deal. Talk about your upcoming adventure.

Women with beards made me laugh thinking about Lord of The Rings. "Some people think there are no dwarf women."

Lost my train of thought so I guess my body is telling me to go to bed. Here is to a sober Saturday!
Old 06-13-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Lost thought train back in the station. Non, Abby is a very cute dog. Have fun with your new family member.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I'm in for a clean and sober weekend!
Old 06-13-2014, 11:26 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Dr Pepper and Candy all weekend. I should be good this weekend. Next weekend (around 2 weeks) is when I get antsy. I'm in!
Hey CuteNGay, maybe next weekend will be quite different from previous experience. Get yourself some really good gourmet ice-cream, it sure helped me in the early days.

Well the Socceroos got a goal in the match with Chile so we weren't totally shamed.

Here's a little bit of Aussie winter for my fellow weekenders.

IMG_2817.jpg
Old 06-13-2014, 11:58 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Having an insomnia episode, but technically now on Day 13!

Today was great. I'm out of NYC with family and went to an uncle's house to watch the Rangers game. My aunt offered me the guest room in case I wanted to drink, but said no and I just had a great time watching the game, even though they lost. Then I hopped into the car I'm borrowing from my mom and drove to my parents house. No worries at all about cops since I was 100% sober.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:04 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey CNGY good to see you , don't give up , keep on learning and working at it , i'm sure you'll blow two weeks into a cocked hat one of these times . 13 green ticks out of 14 days is better than the 0/14 i used to have …

hey toxic tonic , discovery14 , healthiermee , newnam23 , *ring_ring*

Nice to see your new dog Non ,

nice every one else is keeping on and keeping in touch ..

Had an up and down week myself , with patience and persistence i held true to my course and things change the mood passes ..

Hope everyone has a calm and peaceful saturday , i'm off for coffee ..

Regards, m
Old 06-14-2014, 01:24 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!
So far so good.....
stayed in watching the football, checking this site and went to out to buy coffee from the shop i would normally have bought wine.... walked past all the bars and bought fish and chips....and shared it with my cat.

Was very emotional, was angry with myself for putting myself in this position in the first place.

Today, doing something I've been putting off for ages... bit nervous... but maybe just of what I CAN actually do....

hope you all have a good day x
Old 06-14-2014, 01:57 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Healthierme.... Newman...gvrecovery.... Good to see you! Stick with it... Post when you have any trouble.

Nymets.... Great work! Bet that felt great!

I have some old friends from before I moved away coming over tonight for dinner. They used to be druggies but have since both cleaned up. I spoke to them first last weekend. I have to say it feels good to have someone know me from then and be able to share the past openly but with out worry the past will become the present. Making a awesome dinner!

Welcome rainbow dash to SR and glad you found the weekender thread! The bestest thread around! Woo hoo!

Old 06-14-2014, 02:24 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Howdy y'all. Well, I worked my first Friday in a long time today. Washing dogs is surprisingly exhausting. Saturday, my husband and I are heading to an arts festival in Edmonds, WA. It's Global Reddit Meetup Day tomorrow so I'll head there after the festival. My hubs doesn't want to come so I'll go it alone. I know there's going to be booze and pot there but it doesn't bother me. I'm bringing Cards Against Humanity. Playing the game is a much better way to break down social barriers for me than alcohol. More fun as well! Sunday is another day at the grooming salon then the week starts anew.

My mother-in-law is arriving on the 19th for a visit. She's staying at a hotel but I still gotta get this house in good shape for her visit. I still have clothes in boxes from the move! Yikes!

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Have fun sober. Prove to the newbies that it can be done!
Old 06-14-2014, 02:56 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

I woke up really refreshed this morning and as I was lying in bed, I was thinking to myself how nice it is to wake up like this and how nice it is to think about what I need to do today.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:51 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good Morning Sober Peeps!
Originally Posted by ToxicTonic View Post
Nonsensical, is your new dog a lab mix?
Her paperwork says "Walker Hound Mix", but she doesn't bray like most hounds do. She is very quiet, but let out a little bark last night after she had worn out everyone in the house except herself and wanted someone to get up and play. It's 6:30 here and she already has the German Shepherd wheezing.

We have a lot of squirrels in the neighborhood and squirrel-proofing Mrs Non's bird feeders was a challenge, but I think we finally succeeded. The squirrels got their revenge on me this morning, though. I was outside watching Abbey continue her exploration of the yard and 2 squirrels jumped onto the branch over my head, dumping a nice cold shower of rain water down on me. D'Oh!

Yard work and shop work today and an Arts Festival tonight. Gonna be another great day made possible by sobriety! #letsdothis!
Old 06-14-2014, 04:06 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Good morning! Was up at 6 AM to check the radar because I heard thunder and am taking the cat to the vet this morning for yearly shots. Looks like rain is clearing away, so I think it's time to wrestle the cat into the carrier.