Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weeKender , 13th 14th & 15th of june 2014 lets get through together.

Notices

Old 06-12-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

What-ho friends,
Kenny decided to ask yours' truly to kick off this weekend thread thing this week . Seeing as it's close to 00:00 AEST friday i thought i'd kick it off now .

( even though it's thurs afternoon in Europe and thurs morning in the Americas ) .

Sometimes when i was early on in recovery i used to watch the sunrise in Australia on web-cam and the sunsets over wa-ki-ki .. somehow knowing somewhere in the world had made it to the next day helped me appreciate it coming close to me and to get through ..

Also a humbling example of the technology we have , how close we all are as a human family, as a recovery family .. As i eat my lunch in the UK i can send a mail to my friends in America wishing them a good morning , or my friends in Australia a good evening :0)

So let's use this wonder of technology to help each other out , to get through , make another day glorious and sober .
Let's share a plan , make a commitment , see how others share and deal with the weekend sober .

No one gets left behind , if you stumble we encourage you to get back up and join in ..

If you need urgent help and full on SR support then i'd recommend starting a new thread as sometimes cries for help can get overlooked if tucked away in other threads …

I've got my sober bike, lets get through to monday , it's not a race *ring_ring* my bell calls. The first call is the bell of mindfulness and it calls "wake up you are here and now, what are you doing ? "

The second ring is the freedom bell and i'm ringing it out loud and clear for you all ..

Bestwishes, m
Old 06-12-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This one is going to be tough but i am in for this weekend.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I love the fact that I have a weekend now. Sometimes I get anxious about the free time that I have now that I am sober. I push to keep myself busy and not think about it. I do get so much more accomplished with all the free time so that is a big positive that I look forward to every weekend.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Looking forward to a Sober and Clean weekend!
Old 06-12-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am in for the Weekend!!!!!

I read somewhere that tomorrow is Friday the 13th and there is a full moon scheduled. I don't think you can get any luckier than that!

Here's to a wonderful upcoming weekend!
Thanks for starting us off Mecanix!!!
Old 06-12-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

yeah, man. im there! -"mecanix"- metal reference?
Old 06-12-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm in! Last weekend before heading back to work for a crazy 6 week sprint. I'm going to spend today getting ready so that can Cruz the weekend. Also, I'm going to be calling around to try and get a new music project rolling. I have a few leads on musicians who might be going in a 'clean' direction. I had to step away from my last project due to conflicting lifestyles that we're getting in the way of the creative process. Oh well.
Onward to a sober weekend!
Old 06-12-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm in, got a pot of tea beside me, off work until Saturday then probably back to 100s of emails.

Anyone else checking out the soccer World Cup?? . . . starts today for a month!!

Let's get that bell ringing!!
Old 06-12-2014, 08:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm looking forward to a second weekend in a row sober. It'll be icing on the cake of the start of the World Cup. In fact, I'll probably be browsing these forums while watching the games. Best wishes, everybody.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm all in!

It will be my first completely sober weekend since February (ya think I had a bit of a problem?)

Looking forward to lots of walks, being outside, and enjoying the weather.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yes Olive1 I am looking forward to the Full Moon tomorrow night. Blessed Be
Old 06-12-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

yup, I'm in.
Getting my month chip at my meeting tomorrow night -mom and BF will be there for support.
then just enjoying the rest of the weekends lovely weather
I only have 2 more weekends before I enter jail so will make sure I enjoy them. Hopefully, it'll only be July that I need to go there to do these weekends so I can enjoy August. I still haven't accepted this is happening, it's kind of bizarre.

anyways - cheers to a lovely sober weekend!
oh and full moon? oh oh...the whackadoodles will be out! haha
Old 06-12-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

In for another weekend! I'll hit my 3-week mark this weekend and I'm pretty darn stoked about that! Here's to another great, sober weekend!

Onward ...
Sorry Malcolm ... I stole your mantra!
Old 06-12-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

ring-ring
Old 06-12-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm in for another sober weekend!

I went 3 weekends in a row sober, but third weekend was so tough I dropped the ball on Monday night. Today should've been day 21, but day 3 it is
Old 06-12-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Present.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm in baby!
Old 06-12-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by purpleknight View Post
I'm in, got a pot of tea beside me, off work until Saturday then probably back to 100s of emails.

Anyone else checking out the soccer World Cup?? . . . starts today for a month!!

Let's get that bell ringing!!
I'm not a big soccer guy, but I'll probably follow it as I do every four years, but Canada didn't qualify (again), so I guess I'll be cheering for England again.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone! I just had cataract surgery; it went off without a hitch, and only took 20 minutes. My discharge instructions are to loaf around all day and do nothing! I think I can handle that!
Old 06-12-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm in! Big weekend ahead but I'm taking it one day at a time. My mother's 70th birthday on Friday the 13th. She isn't sure how she feels about that. Saturday is Daughter's birthday party for family members (kids party is next Saturday), and father's day and daughter's actual birthday on Sunday. I'll be freaking out cleaning and getting things ready. Maybe.

Gilmer, I like your discharge instructions. Loafing around all day sounds great.

I'm in the office. Trying not to loaf here. Will check back later.