Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weeKender , 13th 14th & 15th of june 2014 lets get through together.

Notices

weeKender , 13th 14th & 15th of june 2014 lets get through together.

Old 06-14-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Lazy here too. Had neighbors over for early brunch at 10 and they stayed till 2. Sat out on deck in the sun, light breeze, was very nice. My garden, especially the honeysuckle is blooming like mad ( must be all the rain and a little miracle grow). H made 2 quiches, one with bacon, one with asparagus (guess which one is gone). Contractors are still upstairs putting new windows in and installing new siding and trim. Feeling kinda trapped between the two but whatever it takes to get this job done after many rain days. Need to take a long walk and work off some of my brunch calories.....yawn, maybe later
Old 06-14-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Is it wrong that I am proceeding to watch 3 soccer matches in a row? . . . it is the World Cup after all!!

In my defence I was in work this morning, but it was only a half day!!

This time 4 years ago, I'd have been concentrating soo hard on my drink to food ratio, it was all about pacing oneself in those days, as you approach your early 30s you gotta time it just right to have the stamina for a whole 8 hours of drinking!!

Life is a tad less stressful now, just gotta make sure my kettle is never empty and regularly on the boil . . . because god forbid I can't top up my green tea!!

Hope we're all doing well Weekenders!!
Old 06-14-2014, 01:17 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Pasta + tuna + falling air pressure = Zonk! Took a long, heavy nap after lunch.

(radiatori pasta, canned tuna, frozen peas heated up, olive oil, sazon completa and italian herbs, lemon pepper and sea salt)

I slept like a teenager for a few hours then woke up to a severe thunderstorm with heavy rain.

Storm is passing, which is good because I think I'll finally get around to watching a movie or two.

Iced tea and maybe popcorn, then.

Thank you for the internet company!
Old 06-14-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GotGrace View Post
Hi Guys! I am jumping in on this thread because I need some accountability here! I am in for the weekend.

We are vacationing with my husband's family and I didn't think I would have much trouble, but the family dynamics are getting to me already. The witching hour approaches.... Blergh.
Hiya! Welcome to the Weekenders!

Thank you for mentioning "the witching hour". I was starting to get a certain feeling in the mouth, then read that and checked the clock. "Oh yeah, just that time of day." I think I'll make a little something to eat.

Have a good weekend!
Old 06-14-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Here's a cool video for the creatives among the Weekenders, which I think includes all of us, getting creative at living!

A little dark, but stylish and hopeful ...

"From the Dark" by Wax Tailor

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrJ...nfV9AeSq72wlTw

(no connection with him promotionally or otherwise)
Old 06-14-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

Sitting here and watching the England/Italy game. Hubster decided to go to a local sports bar and watch with some ex-pats. Decided I wasn't ready to sit in a bar for that long even if he's there to provide support. Frankly, I don't think that will ever be a good idea.

So, I'm on the sofa, one dog lying beside me and one at my feet. Fruity herbal drink beside me. Yoga pants on. Life is good.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

JJ9 thanks for the smile. I'm not alone. Husband did put the food away so he did something.

Party done.m most of the washing up is done. The only person remaining is my nephew but he is a good boy and is playing very nicely with his cousins. The two boys are the same age and thankfully get along really well together. I never had a cousin my age. I was the oldest. I wish I had that. My dad has a ton of close cousins. My mom has a few. Someone who remembers you from way back when.

Kevin, the pasta + tuna sounds good. I think I will make some tomorrow. Always a good thing to bring for lunch.

All the talk of,cooking is making me hungry. I just put out Chips and vegetables and dips. Not enough to fill me up. Hmm.m don't feel like cooking at the moment.

Have a sober evening all and if you are feeling out of sorts check if you are hungry. And if you are feeling out of sorts and don't feel like talking about it or coming on here to post, make yourself do it! Earlier I was feeling a little weak and came on here after sitting down for a second. It really helped.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

was supposed to have coffee with my neighbour when I got back (from doing the thing I'd been putting off - was actually ok)... got home late and when I went to apologise, she'd made me dinner and was expecting me.....

how lovely is that!

So, I finished today with a smile on my face when previously i'd have probably have put it off again and had a glass of wine instead (then none of the good stuff would have happened)

:-)
Old 06-14-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

so.. thank you Weekend Club - you really helped me
Old 06-14-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Well... The night has past. The two friends I have not seen in years is over. The home made ricotta cheese stretched across years of the familiar. Conversation drifted to addictions and how we all handled moving past. The growing older. And it was a healthy and sane conversation. The laughter was awesome.

Well... Off to bed and up for more exercise!

Thank you weekenders.... Be well!
Old 06-14-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hello Sober Weekenders!!!

Did a bunch of cooking today. Started a couple of paintings. Bought a piano bench at an 'Estate' sale (there are, in fact, no Estates in my neighborhood, hence the quotes).
Doesn't everyone need a piano bench?
Gonna do some reading now, I think I only have one week left on my library book.
Good to hear everyone is doing well!
Old 06-15-2014, 02:00 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Mex-m8 came over yesterday ,
we had pizzas on the sofa , garlic bread , baked beans , coleslaw .

Had a look at houses online, they're pretty expensive here in the UK … I'm feeling the want and need to be an adult in my own space again .

Living in one room has been useful for me to re-group , quit drinking , lick my wounds for a few years .

Seaside or country side is where it's going to be , room for a workshop for my 18 year old mercedes to get proper attention , room for my air-brush painting .

A big ask for the budget i have but I'm sure the path will be made clear to me if i keep along it ..
I don't let fear or worry rule me anymore .
The right thing will happen at the right time .. acceptance of what is, as it is now, has been on of the most important tools in keeping this mad man drinker sane, not extrapolating into the future or fathoming the unknown reasons for yesterday .

Mmmm seems i have a nice cup of coffee in front of me now so life is good ,

Have a peaceful sunday everyone , get up on your sober bike again if you toppled over , you got miles and miles of clear road ahead to get it right … it's a new day shall we make it a green tick ?

Good luck , m
Old 06-15-2014, 03:21 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

SO TIRED today.... hope it passes, have friends coming round soon and have been like a maniac getting all little things sorted out....

Happy Sunday all :-)
Old 06-15-2014, 04:13 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Good morning, M! Your post was a nice read. Hoping you find a suitable place, maybe by some uncanny coincidence for extra coolness!

Thank you especially for this:
Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
I don't let fear or worry rule me anymore .
The right thing will happen at the right time .. acceptance of what is, as it is now, has been on of the most important tools in keeping this mad man drinker sane, not extrapolating into the future or fathoming the unknown reasons for yesterday .
Good morning and or evening everyone! Wishing everyone a fine and beautiful day and fortitude to those who are navigating family events today.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning everyone. Hope you all have a great Sunday.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Happy & Sober Father's Day Weekenders!

Middle son home from college for the summer as of last night, so I will have 2/3 of my tribe here for breakfast. I was given the choice of double bacon or triple bacon. The obvious choice being double-triple bacon!

I think I shall putter today - as in putter about not trying to accomplish too much. I might assemble some drawers for my cabinets. I might clear some brush and vines. I might fix the loose toilet seat. Or, I might just sit by the pool and play with my new dog. It's Father's Day and I will be king!

I finally feel like a good father. I don't think I was ever horrible, but I always had this dirty little secret - this alcohol obsession - gnawing away at my insides that made me feel unworthy. I am proud of myself for beating this alcohol addiction, so I feel like I deserve the love I have always received. Feels better than any buzz I ever had.

Welcome to the newcomers. Make a plan to be sober, and work your plan. The rewards surpass description.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:34 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Paul, that is brilliant! have a great day with your family (poolside sounds good....maybe they could do the chores for you ;-)
Old 06-15-2014, 05:48 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Gorgeous breezy cool morning. Scattered clouds. Scattered thoughts. I'm trying to pull the thoughts together.

Thank you Mec. Fear is crippling. Good luck in the house hunt. Keep looking and a way will be made clear. Word of mouth sells a lot of houses in my neighborhood in addition to the traditional listings. Putting a word in the ears of a few people may work wonders.

Will check back later. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Waking up this morning at my parent's house as the dog and I decided my son and his friend's needed some teenager time. My parent's are super deaf so I retreated to bed early with a book as the tv was way too loud for me! No large plans today. Some down time would be good I believe. Perhaps some warmer weather and sun may inspire a drive to our "Islands" area for a maple ice cream; a true Vermont staple. Enjoy your day sober Weekenders! It's never too late to start your day over if you need to.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Be strong Gotgrace. Keep thinking where you will end up if you drink. There is nothing glamorous about it. Post to keep strong i am here rooting for you.