Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weeKender , 13th 14th & 15th of june 2014 lets get through together.

Notices

weeKender , 13th 14th & 15th of june 2014 lets get through together.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm in. Sober weekend number four about to begin. Feeling better about this one then the last three. Good luck!
Old 06-12-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
I've got my sober bike, lets get through to monday , it's not a race *ring_ring* my bell calls. The first call is the bell of mindfulness and it calls "wake up you are here and now, what are you doing ? "

The second ring is the freedom bell and i'm ringing it out loud and clear for you all ..

Bestwishes, m
Thanx, mecanix! Count me in!
Old 06-12-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Last weekend you guys generously offered to send me postcards!
Well, the first one arrived yesterday!
Thanks Gilmer! It's lovely!

(Let's see if this turns out right side up or Weasel style. . )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-1163266588.jpg (63.5 KB, 76 views)
Old 06-12-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Tough one for me as I'm in love with football and when watching football beer/alcohol follow.Not this World Cup though and hopefully this will give me a good platform going into next season sober :-)
Old 06-12-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Gilmer wins the postcard race! It didn't come out upside down either.

Post cards and internet - a combination of old and new to unite a bunch of drunks from around the world. Thanks Mecanix for that because I think about that.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

In there
like swimwear!

My brother with Down's Syndrome is here until tomorrow, and then I put him on a plane in the early afternoon. Then I'll be in the shop most of the weekend finishing the rolling cabinets I started 2 weeks ago.

Have a guy coming to remove 3 dead trees on Sunday. He's a great handyman. I recall that once I hired him to do a job, but forgot. I took a sick day from work and started drinking early. He showed up at the house and I was sloppy drunk before lunch. I'm pretty sure he knew because he asked, "are you retired now?" One of many embarrassing moments my drinking caused me.

Never again!
Old 06-12-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Ok. I just went downstairs in my building to get a beverage - not a drink, of, you know, alcohol. So, I spent four dollars which is way, way beyond what I would normally spend, for a special sparkling probiotic drink which was lime, mint and coconut flavored. I figured it was a treat. In the elevator I open it and take a swig, think "this is good. nice tart, mint flavor" so I look at the label which says "this product may contain trace amounts of alcohol." Now I am going to dump my four dollar minty tart sparkling drink. It contains vanilla extract. Always read labels. I feel hopped up now even though I had one swallow. Dang it. I don't know if it is psychosomatic or not. Ick.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Cool

spent time talking to ins co - next week is adjuster inspection. afraid of being low balled. has to be 500+ dents on car from hail. plus damage to other parts. car has 28k miles on it.
if it faces upward there is a dent on it, all the trim etc. looks like someone did this to car
Old 06-12-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Ruby, I'm sorry about your fancy beverage!

I had a chance to take an extra sedative today in case I was nervous right that minute, pre-surgery. In the past I would have gulped it right down; however, today I hesitated only slightly and said no. I was not in any way nervous.

It has gotten very hard to find postcards! The corner drugstore used to have them, but no more. I had to go to Wal-Mart, and all they had were the most pedestrian ones. Plus, they were really hard to find! In the middle of a check-out aisle in the middle of the store!

Next week I'll go to the mountains and check out Cracker Barrel and the Wal-Mart out there. They ought to have a selection of off-the-beaten-path postcards--at least I hope so!
Old 06-12-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Mountains and Cracker Barrel. Sounds like a great combination to me. I've only eaten at Cracker Barrel once and I kind of liked it. And browsing the gift shop. Don't they have snow globes?

When I lived in Minneapolis some smarty pants started putting post cards in racks at some of the bars, restaurants and coffee shops of local sights like smoke stacks, etc. They cracked me up because they were so far off what you would normally see. My local drugstore carries them but they are pedestrian. Maybe, just maybe, I will expand my horizons and walk to the Architectural Foundation and check out their gift area. But, that would entail leaving my office and walking blocks out of my way and I am lazy. I have gotten really really bad. There are a ton of new sights near the downtown lake front parks, a mere five blocks walk from my office. Lots of world class sculpture. Have I seen any of them? No. Except in post cards.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by purpleknight View Post
I'm in, got a pot of tea beside me, off work until Saturday then probably back to 100s of emails.

Anyone else checking out the soccer World Cup?? . . . starts today for a month!!

Let's get that bell ringing!!
I'm in as well. Excited for the World Cup, watching Brazil-Croatia right now. USA doesn't play until Monday though, but I'll check some of it out this weekend
Old 06-12-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Gilmer, talking about Cracker Barrel made me think of cheese and crackers. I am hungry. I saw an ad in the elevator for a restaurant that has lard fried chicken cracklings, green beans, biscuits and greens on the menu and I wanted to go there immediately. Sorry that this is heresy but I would eat the chicken cracklings over bacon. Hands down.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:27 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I've never had chicken cracklins--only pork (which I love).
Old 06-12-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Sorry that this is heresy but I would eat the chicken cracklings over bacon. Hands down.
Oh my! Thems fightin' words!
Old 06-12-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Im in for the weekend! Tomorrow will be 90 days sober for me, so I definitely have something to celebrate!
Old 06-12-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Yay SigChiScooby on 90 days!

Cracklings of anything are tasty. How about the cracklings left in the pan after frying bacon?
Old 06-12-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

No new postcards in the box tonight.

Hopefully there will be one or two tomorrow!
Old 06-12-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm in for a sober week-end. It will be my third. I'm actually enjoying the clear-headed feeling.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I am in, need this one. Thanks!
Old 06-12-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Target has new flavors in La Croix sparkling water! Apricot, mango and passion fruit. I bought apricot. It is pretty good. Day winding down. It feels like Friday but no, just Thursday. Yay! And I am taking a four day weekend next week so short week ahead.