Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weeKender , 13th 14th & 15th of june 2014 lets get through together.

Notices

weeKender , 13th 14th & 15th of june 2014 lets get through together.

Old 06-14-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

I broke open my precious gourmet tea and it is delicious! For the Aussies, it came from Sydney (I bought online) and it's from Tea Craft. It's not cheap but it's superb. Having been a coffee connoisseur I wasn't aware of the delights of gourmet tea -- until today.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

I'm in. Just woke up thinking about stuff to do before party this afternoon. Cats outside scoping birds. Husband just decided to feed the birds. ??? Maybe not such a good idea with the hunter outside.

Hard to take a quiet time with my daughter buzzing around, chattering with excitement for the party this afternoon. Yes, people can get excited about parties and have fun at parties without alcohol. We just told ourselves otherwise over the years.

Marcher, Thanks for the photo of Aussie winter.

I hope the rain has abated for the travelers. And Non, who has vengeful squirrels. My dad used to trap and release the squirrels that plagued his yard. It doesn't work. Maybe Abby can work off energy chasing squirrels?
Old 06-14-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

*yawn*
morning! man I could have slept for a year. Horrible dreams though.
Meeting a girl I've seen at AA for a morning coffee
Then I think I may head to the mall and treat myself to a couple new shirts or something!
been awhile since I did that.
Happy Weekend Peeps!!
Old 06-14-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Cat looked miserable and betrayed after the vet, but I think she might forgive me someday.

Had red seedless grapes for breakfast and about to make coffee (roasted, not charred).

And now a bad joke:

Yesterday a candy factory exploded. It was Haribo.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Oh Forgetful Kevin I just laughed out loud. . I woke up sober this Saturday morning for the first time in a long time. It's a beautiful day here in Texas so I think I'll take the kids swimming. Here's to another sober day. Have a great one all!!!
Old 06-14-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

well now, good morning/afternoon/evening to all.
Yesterday: ribs survived the storms - turned out perfect except for the rack (hehe, he said rack) closest to the heat. The bone side was a little on the burnt like hell side. but overall people were very impressed with my first attempt to smoke ribs.
Neighbor called and asked it was okay to bring some beer along. Thanks for asking. We were 50/50 drinkers, one guy I knew from the meetings joined us. Quiet peaceful evening just sitting, conversatin and enjoying the evening breeze.

Watched an Eddie Murphy video from 1983 late last night - not that funny.

This AM Went out for b-fast and cut grass and pulled some weeds. getting ready to transplant cucumbers -pickles Olive - and summer squash. Then pull weeds, and wire for low voltage lites to either repair or replace. Maybe I'll get to see the moon tonight.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:09 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Good Day weekenders! I'm late to the party but I am definitely in!

On vacation in northern Oregon and getting ready to go 4 wheeling today! Besides concerts, my favorite thing to do and I'm dragging my cousin along for the ride!

My sponsors favorite saying is…. "The only thing that isn't broken on an Alcoholic is their forgetter".

Don't forget what got you here and where you came from and above all…

Just don't drink!
Old 06-14-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Have fun Hope! Jupiters,thanks for the laugh.

Been cleaning around the house. Too much stuff!! Kids come through right after me and gunk it up again. Husband on strike and not helping. his day off. Umm, it's my day off too and it is OUR daughters party? I'm taking a break because I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. A lot of small things. Plus, I started sweeping and the broom broke. How does a metal broom handle break? Because busy people not named mommy use it as leverage for stuff. Good thing I came out on the porch to think. Just spotted the other broom.

Back to work. So far, not too bad. We have a few hours and not too much left to do.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

OFFICIAL NOTICE: ANYONE IN CHICAGO THAT CAN GET ME REASONABLE TICKETS AND ACCOMMODATIONS FOR THE MARCH 1, 2015 BLACKHAWKS VS PENGUINS GAME AT SOLDIER FIELD LET ME KNOW.

C'mom BigS - A true sports fan here.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

You going all the way to Chicago to root for the Penguins? Nice!
Old 06-14-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
It's a grey Saturday morning here (hi Kys), the Socceroos are losing to Chile but it's all good. Nons how exciting to see your beautiful new dog! BigS I do like the look of shaved bald heads -- very classy, unlike the past "fashion" of a comb-over!
Would you PLEASE tell my wife this.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:52 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Making home made ricotta cheese for my dinner tonight.... Stay tuned...
Old 06-14-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
JJ9

Ruby-My husband is the same way. He will invite his whole family over with 1-day notice and not lift a finger to help get the house in shape. Super annoying.

I'm joining late, but in for the sober weekend. Just finished day 1. Feeling a little foggy this morning, but I am going to have some coffee and get some housework done so I feel productive. Looking forward to relaxing in the sun after a little work.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Eureka! I struck ricotta cheese heaven! Wow!

Welcome JJ. Never to late to join the team!
Old 06-14-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Eureka! I struck ricotta cheese heaven! Wow! Welcome JJ. Never to late to join the team!
I need some ricotta for a brocolini chickpea salad I am making. But I am too lazy to go back to the store. I bet homemade ricotta would be perfect! Send some my way?
Old 06-14-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

I love an Italian style cheese cake made with ricotta!
Old 06-14-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiptree View Post
I love an Italian style cheese cake made with ricotta!
I love any kind cheesecake!
Old 06-14-2014, 12:25 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

I really need to get organized and cook something...my daughter loves stuffed shells so maybe I'll make them. I could use some homemade ricotta too, Weasel! I did make a green tea/herbal infusion syrup to mix with some juice and club soda. i have really had fun making creative non-alcoholic drinks. It's a whole new world and one that keeps my head clear.

This has been one of the laziest Saturday's I've had in a long time. I did actually work out this morning and then vacuum, but now I can't find the motivation to do much else. Husband is napping, dogs are napping, teenager is in her room.

Hope all you weekenders are having a good day and if you are struggling, remember that we are in this together.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:38 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Magsie

Happy weekend x count me in for another 24 please.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Hi Guys! I am jumping in on this thread because I need some accountability here! I am in for the weekend.

We are vacationing with my husband's family and I didn't think I would have much trouble, but the family dynamics are getting to me already. The witching hour approaches.... Blergh.