Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weeKender , 13th 14th & 15th of june 2014 lets get through together.

Notices

weeKender , 13th 14th & 15th of june 2014 lets get through together.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I like Starbucks because it's the strongest coffee I can find. I even ask then to add an extra shot of espresso. ☕️
Old 06-13-2014, 10:04 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

So bigS... No hair up top but a fuzzy beard on the chin? Hmmm... A picture is starting to form.

I think you should meet her. The story of where you are heading and why the beard is accompanying you both for coffee will certainly raise her interest in you. Just saying.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Adding this beautiful girl to our family this afternoon. I need to stop at the pet store on my way and get her a collar first and then off to the SPCA for pick up. They originally told me we couldn't receive her until Monday, but they called back and said the vet determined she was already spayed, so no waiting necessary.

Introducing Abbey.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Abbey.jpg (71.9 KB, 73 views)
Old 06-13-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Haha Weasel - I feel it's necessary to note that I shave my head with a blade every week or so. It looks kind of "stubbly" most of the time. I am bald, but Larry David and George Costanza wouldn't consider me a "bald brother".

Thanks for the pic, Nons - looks like you have a great new member of the family there! She looks healthy and alert, she'll fit right in!
Old 06-13-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

definately will be hard... my daughters' weekend with their dad, so he's already been round intimidating me....will be back on Sunday to try the same.....
would normally have had a drink by now but am determined.
I'm in it for the weekend :-)

Thanks for a brand new thing to join in with.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

A rescued dog is top on my list of wonderful things!
Well done, Non!
Old 06-13-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Came here to post that the false me was telling me what "I would like". Not me! AV! Bad Wolf!

But got distracted by reading someone else's thread then forgot what I was going to write and also the urge had passed.

Typical timing for the urge: ten til four on a Friday afternoon with cash in pocket.

Salivating and teeth are tingling but these are just occurrences that will pass.

Enjoying the mesh of ambient noises with my hypersensitive hearing. Seriously! I like this kind of music.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Starbucks can always be relied upon to get me wired to the moon on caffeine with their extra espresso shots, nothing else gets me that jumpy and bouncing!!

But I'm certainly gonna need some caffeine tomorrow morning, I'm back to work after having a full week off, but it won't be too bad, it's only a half day, but my routine needs to be kicked back into shape.

The World Cup is now in full flow, I've watched 3 matches soo far, that's a 100% record so far, but tonight with the Stanley Cup possibly being won, my sporting allegiances are gonna be called into conflict!!

Hope we're all winning Weekenders!! If not, then post and lean on all of us here on SR!!
Old 06-13-2014, 01:45 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hi weekenders! I cannot seem to get out the East U.S. My chances are just getting dashed each time. It IS the full moon after all. As well as the strangest storms that blow in and out. Brain I think the last one dashed your barbecue. Fingers crossed that we will make it out tonight. Happy afternoon everyone!
Old 06-13-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Ding dong, oups Ring Ring. LOL!

I'm all in, with wide eyes and a bushy tail like someone wise told me once.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Kys

Saturday morning, woken up feeling fresh. Think I'll stick around this thread for the weekend
Old 06-13-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Kys

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Adding this beautiful girl to our family this afternoon. I need to stop at the pet store on my way and get her a collar first and then off to the SPCA for pick up. They originally told me we couldn't receive her until Monday, but they called back and said the vet determined she was already spayed, so no waiting necessary.

Introducing Abbey.
Love this photo Nonsensical!!!
Old 06-13-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

It's a grey Saturday morning here (hi Kys), the Socceroos are losing to Chile but it's all good. Nons how exciting to see your beautiful new dog! BigS I do like the look of shaved bald heads -- very classy, unlike the past "fashion" of a comb-over!
Old 06-13-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I went to dinner where my son is now working; this is his first job. It was nice to go and not jinx him with how I was when I was actively drinking. When I was drinking I wouldn't have even gone to see him as I would have been tucked away in the bar for the evening rather than out. I'm grateful for these types of gifts in my sobriety.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I am in new York city and everyone's cell phone keep getting emergency flash flood warnings. Sorry for those trying to travel out of here.

I really can't say enough how wonderful this site is.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:28 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

Yay Abbey! Rescue dogs are the best!

My husband just came up and asked what I'm doing and I had to come clean about SR....not that I was hiding it, but it's hard to explain what this site means to me since he's not an alcoholic. He obviously knows about my drinking and that I've stopped, but I've kept SR to myself. But, the good news is that now I can read and post away and not worry about it.

I really don't have much going on this weekend. I have to clean because the dog hair is moving around the floor like tumbleweeds, but with our son with my parents and we're left with the teenager who spends 90 percent of her time in her room, it's pretty quiet. I am going to make a carrot cake for Father's Day but it will be nice to just relax.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Dr Pepper and Candy all weekend. I should be good this weekend. Next weekend (around 2 weeks) is when I get antsy. I'm in!
Old 06-13-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Count me in. Everything is not great, but this weekend I will relax, enjoy some simple pleasures and try to revel in the moment.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Dr Pepper and Candy all weekend. I should be good this weekend. Next weekend (around 2 weeks) is when I get antsy. I'm in!
Cutengay...Haribo! How r u miss your posts! Hope all is well!
Old 06-13-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Checking in while working! Yup another sober weekend for me.